Forums

Topic: Nintendo Movement by Shokio, what do you think?

Posts 101 to 120 of 214

DefHalan

If you want Nintendo to change then prove it. Don't go trolling on the internet demanding crazy things, pay for things you want. If you want 3rd Party support then buy 3rd Party games. If you want cross-buy then buy VC games. (maybe just don't buy them twice) If you want folders then purchase stuff from the Wii U eShop, to show folders will actually be used. If you want Nintendo to take bigger risks on what games they make then buy the games that were a risks (such as Wonderful 101 and soon Bayonetta 2)

If you just complain online and don't support Nintendo with actual purchases then what do you expect them to change?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DudeSean

DefHalan wrote:

I am not saying people should buy games they don't want but understand if you didn't buy Mass Effect 3 on Wii U then Mass Effect 4 won't be on Wii U, same with Assassin's Creed or any other 3rd Party games. Those companies don't care if the other consoles have "better" versions, they see it as people aren't interested in their products on Wii U.

1. If these companies don't care then it seems to me that the problem is with the publishers then, not the customers. If they don't care enough to put the effort into their games then customers aren't going to care enough to buy them. You get back what you put into something.
2. If the games they are putting out on Wii U aren't selling enough then try another game. The publishers are so quick to give up and if they would just pay attention in the first place to what the customers actually want then they wouldn't have had that problem in the first place.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

LzWinky

In their defense, some of the things listed are doable such as folders, media playback (well the 3DS can do it), and maybe gifting games

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

DudeSean wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I am not saying people should buy games they don't want but understand if you didn't buy Mass Effect 3 on Wii U then Mass Effect 4 won't be on Wii U, same with Assassin's Creed or any other 3rd Party games. Those companies don't care if the other consoles have "better" versions, they see it as people aren't interested in their products on Wii U.

1. If these companies don't care then it seems to me that the problem is with the publishers then, not the customers. If they don't care enough to put the effort into their games then customers aren't going to care enough to buy them. You get back what you put into something.
2. If the games they are putting out on Wii U aren't selling enough then try another game. The publishers are so quick to give up and if they would just pay attention in the first place to what the customers actually want then they wouldn't have had that problem in the first place.

While I agree with you, 3rd Parties and customers have allowed game budgets to get so high that it is hard to take risks now. Maybe with smaller downloadable titles they can take risks but it is hard with AAA, especially when past AAA games haven't sold well on Wii U.

FattyWhale_42

The ironic thing about all this is, when there are too many voices, the ones that could actually make a difference, are drowned out by the noise.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

If you want cross-buy then buy VC games. (maybe just don't buy them twice)

How will buying VC gams show Nintendo that we want Crossbuy surely it would give them the impression that eveybody is happy with the current system.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

If you want cross-buy then buy VC games. (maybe just don't buy them twice)

How will buying VC gams show Nintendo that we want Crossbuy surely it would give them the impression taht eveybody is happy with the current system.

By purchasing VC Titles you can show Nintendo that VC is important. If people aren't purchasing VC games twice (one of each system) then maybe Nintendo will add a feature where to can get the other version for a cheaper price. That would be the first step towards a cross-buy system. If you want Nintendo to support something you like then you need to support Nintendo will cash.

DefHalan

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

The ironic thing about all this is, when there are too many voices, the ones that could actually make a difference, are drowned out by the noise.

Part of that is do to how unorganized this "movement" is and how nobody really knows how to get messages across to companies(without spending money) but spending money is the best way to communicate with companies.

Edited on by DefHalan

FattyWhale_42

DefHalan wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Part of that is do to how unorganized this "movement" is and how nobody really knows how to get messages across to companies(without spending money) but spending money is the best way to communicate with companies.

The way the entire "movement" is structured, makes it mostly complaints and demands, which is quite unproductive. If people offered solutions instead of complaints, then maybe more businesses would take consumer feedback more seriously.

FattyWhale_42

DefHalan

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

The way the entire "movement" is structured, makes it mostly complaints and demands, which is quite unproductive. If people offered solutions instead of complaints, then maybe more businesses would take consumer feedback more seriously.

And with Nintendo struggling in the Market a lot of these "demands" won't help or affect that

Zolgar

So, the plan is to spam Miiverse, and then that will make Nintendo of Japan suddenly understand what the western market wants?

EDIT: And his Twitch channel is filled with complete and total garbage. Spam, racism, personal attacks, etc. No one actually discussing Nintendo related anything. These people are not the type of people I'd want trying to start a "movement". And it's not just the people in chat, people on the actual stream are doing it as well, acting like complete trash (extreme foul language, dropping multiple types of "eff bombs", etc.). This is nothing short of an absolute joke. I want Nintendo to get their heads out of their rear ends as much as the next fan, but this? No, just no.

Edited on by Zolgar

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

NinChocolate

Fans should also use the channels Nintendo gives them. If a thousand people buy a VC game and all of them state they would like cross-purchasing in the club Nintendo survey, that's going to be documented for sure. What's not sure is Fans setting up their own channels for Nintendo to recognize. Demand has to be counted and Nintendo won't necessarily go counting fan movements. They will necessarily count their own survey feedback .

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Phantom_R

Rhythm Thief is one of the best games I've ever played yet it was completely neglected by Sega. I'm unhappy about that. So what do I do? I advertise it myself, and then they'll tell two people, and then they'll tell two people... and then maybe the people who made Rhythm Thief will hear about it too.

Yeah it sucks when developers leave the advertising up to the fan base, like with the entirety of the Wii U, but it's going to take some positive enforcement instead of negative whining. Anything else and maybe you just need to find someone with the right contacts.

Edited on by Phantom_R

Phantom_R

Nintendo Network ID: Prince_Nysass

DefHalan

Phantom_R wrote:

Rhythm Thief is one of the best games I've ever played yet it was completely neglected by Sega. I'm unhappy about that. So what do I do? I advertise it myself, and then they'll tell two people, and then they'll tell two people... and then maybe the people who made Rhythm Thief will hear about it too.

Yeah it sucks when developers leave the advertising up to the fan base, like with the entirety of the Wii U, but it's going to take some positive enforcement instead of negative whining. Anything else and maybe you just need to find someone with the right contacts.

I want that game so badly, just been waiting to have enough money lol

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

But cross buying wasn't an option for Xbox and Games for Windows Live or Xbox and Windows Phones
So why aren't we attacking Microsoft for this stuff?

Less than a majority of companies that sell games allow cross-buy.

Because nobody owns Windows phone and people tend to buy PC games on Steam. As for a majority not allowing cross-buy well Sony, Valve, Apple and Google all have cross-buy built into their stores. So to say that it's "less than a majority" is a bit blind to reality.

DefHalan wrote:

Ok... So what is the point? Sony does it so Nintendo should? Why is only Nintendo being attacked with this? I don't see the advantage, from Nintendo's point of View, to start focusing on VC Cross Buy.

Well the argument goes, and I agree with it, that if a purchase has more value then you're more inclined to buy. I don't buy NES VC games on the 3DS if I already have them on the Wii U. Plus most of the VC games I want I already paid for on the Wii VC. Why would I buy it twice?

Secondly there are some VC games that I probably would buy if there was cross-buy. The Megaman games for one, I was on the fence about them but wasn't sure if I would rather them on the Wii U or 3DS. So I didn't buy it. If there was one purchase that carried over to both I probably would have brought it.

That's why Nintendo should care.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DudeSean

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

So it's wrong to complain about what we don't like and the right thing to do is tell them how they should do things but not demand them?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

NinChocolate

One of the issues I see with this movement is that there is a portion of it that is being presented with a degree of unprofessionalism. Or in other words, it's scary looking. When I read messages from people that are into this and that take on an aggressive tone like "it's time to take matters into our own hands now!", let me just say that if I was an executive at Nintendo my reaction would be to ensure there was going to be security the next time I made an appearance for the company or generally just more security. Lol

NinChocolate

LzWinky

DudeSean wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

So it's wrong to complain about what we don't like and the right thing to do is tell them how they should do things but not demand them?

Actually yes. There is no reason Nintendo "owes" us these things. With some exceptions, Nintendo never promised us these things nor did we pay for such things in the first place. We should be only making requests, not demands, to Nintendo.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FattyWhale_42

DudeSean wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

I never said it was wrong, I said it was "unproductive." I also never said offering possible solutions to problems was "the right thing to do."

I personally believe that one should never complain about a problem, without attempting to offer a solution as well. You can offer ideas, but if you don't know how to implement an idea, then the idea has limited value. Complaining is worthless, it solves nothing, and too many people do it.

When everyone speaks, no one is heard.

FattyWhale_42

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.