Forums

Topic: Nintendo is kiddy, yet most of their franchises are very neutral

Posts 121 to 138 of 138

ogo79

WaLzgi wrote:

When I clicked on the video again, it showed an ad for "hardcore gamez" on the Xbox One.

sleeping beautys castle and peter pans flight ftw!
peter pan is such a painful name...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Action51

rayword45 wrote:

Teenage boy chiming in. You really shouldn't care if teenage boys are putting you down. At all.

For us, video games as a while aren't necessarily a "cool" hobby, regardless of what you play. The cool hobbies are smoking weed, getting drunk, sucking at rapping and having underage sexual relations. The nerd hobby of choice is League of Legends and they don't disrespect Nintendo. Either you get looked down upon for playing video games as a whole, or nobody cares what you play. Anyone who says "Nintendo is Kiddy" as opposed to Xbox has probably no friends.

There's literally no need to prove to us that Nintendo is kiddy or not, you'll change zero minds and look insecure in the process.

Let's be clear...most people who play games on Nintendo consoles that re adults don't give a damn what other people think or they wouldn't be playing Nintendo consoles.

However, the nature of the internet puts adversarial people into forum spaces used by people who want to have a friendly discussion and sort of force the issue. I firmly believe that you can never ignore all the trolls and jerks, and sometimes it can be fun to throw some cold water on their fanboy crusades.

That brings us here:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Legitimate question this time: If teenage boys need "mature" games due to their insecurity, why do the "mature" Nintendo fans need to make numerous 100+ post threads reassuring that Nintendo games are not "kiddy"?

Being AWARE of trolls, haters, memes, and marketing trends does not mean you are automatically worried or offended by them. If someone in the office next to me disagrees with me on a political issue, it doesn't mean I have to justify my position or try and convert him, but I may find it interesting to try and understand his thought process and analyze why we disagree...especially if I find his position to be absurd or confusing.

Make sense, or were you not interested in a reasonable explanation?

Action51

8BitSamurai

Action51 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Legitimate question this time: If teenage boys need "mature" games due to their insecurity, why do the "mature" Nintendo fans need to make numerous 100+ post threads reassuring that Nintendo games are not "kiddy"?

Being AWARE of trolls, haters, memes, and marketing trends does not mean you are automatically worried or offended by them. If someone in the office next to me disagrees with me on a political issue, it doesn't mean I have to justify my position or try and convert him, but I may find it interesting to try and understand his thought process and analyze why we disagree...especially if I find his position to be absurd or confusing.

One thing: Being aware of haters, trolls, etc. and not being worried or offended by them.

Another thing: Making numerous threads constantly that frequently pass the 150 posts mark (Many of the posts being looooong, numerous paragraph posts), using the exact same horrible logic as what you're "acknowledging" (Just on the other systems and their fanbases), and then calling out people as "insecure".

Please reply when these become one and the same.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

rayword45

My comment was more responding to people who actually pretty much said they didn't like being looked down upon by angsty teenagers.

The very nature of debate appeals to many and that is a perfectly logical reason to want to argue this, I was only responding to people who directly said they didn't want to be mocked... Or well, nearly directly.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Action51

8BitSamurai wrote:

Action51 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

One thing: Being aware of haters, trolls, etc. and not being worried or offended by them.

Another thing: Making numerous threads constantly that frequently pass the 150 posts mark (Many of the posts being looooong, numerous paragraph posts), using the exact same horrible logic as what you're "acknowledging" (Just on the other systems and their fanbases), and then calling out people as "insecure".

Please reply when these become one and the same.

Hmm, perhaps I am lacking the wisdom to know the difference.

Action51

SCRAPPER392

8BitSamurai wrote:

Well, if it were up to all the "mature" Nintendo fans, these treads wouldn't even exist. There are a couple steps in this process:
1. Thread exists
2. Comment in thread

If the thread doesn't exist, no one posts in it. Amazing.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Action51

SCAR392 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Well, if it were up to all the "mature" Nintendo fans, these treads wouldn't even exist. There are a couple steps in this process:
1. Thread exists
2. Comment in thread

That's logical and reasonable, I can only conclude you are insecure for feeling the need to post it

Action51

SCRAPPER392

Action51 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

1. Thread exists
2. Comment in thread

That's logical and reasonable, I can only conclude you are insecure for feeling the need to post it

Welp, I guess that's my queue to boot up CoD Ghosts.

Qwest

kkslider5552000

I'd like to also make pointless threads in which I say no **** sherlock statements to the choir.

"POKEMON IS FOR KIDS, BUT HAS DARK ELEMENTS ZOMG LAVENDER TOWN!!!11!!"

"Wii was the least powerful....yet was really popular!!1!11!"

"The sun rises...but it sets too!11!!1"

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GuSolarFlare

rayword45 wrote:

My comment was more responding to people who actually pretty much said they didn't like being looked down upon by angsty teenagers.

The very nature of debate appeals to many and that is a perfectly logical reason to want to argue this, I was only responding to people who directly said they didn't want to be mocked... Or well, nearly directly.

not every teenager is angsty, but every angsty teenager gets my blood boiling, it's been like this since I was a teenager that decided that being angsty and overthinking pointless stuff was stupid.
I know there are nice teenagers who don't cause trouble to other people and don't pretend their problems are bigger than anything else in the world, those teenagers deserve all the respect and my apologies for generalizing the situation.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TheMisterManGuy

OmegaStar wrote:

It's not Nintendo, it's Nintendo of America. They're the ones that make the kiddy commercials and censor everything. In Japan, Bowser's a demon king, and Bullet Bills are called Killers.

With the exception of Awakening's DLC, Nintendo hasn't done much heavy censorship in years. Bravely Default was actually edited by Square Enix and another company. Also, the US branch of Nintendo, is still Nintendo.

Edited on by TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy

8BitSamurai

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

OmegaStar wrote:

It's not Nintendo, it's Nintendo of America. They're the ones that make the kiddy commercials and censor everything. In Japan, Bowser's a demon king, and Bullet Bills are called Killers.

With the exception of Awakening's DLC, Nintendo hasn't done much heavy censorship in years.

Binding of Isaac

TheMisterManGuy

8BitSamurai wrote:

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

OmegaStar wrote:

With the exception of Awakening's DLC, Nintendo hasn't done much heavy censorship in years.

Binding of Isaac

They denied the game being released, they didn't censor it.

TheMisterManGuy

RobbEJay

OmegaStar wrote:

I think bowser retains the title of demon kink over here too, or at least he regained it in modern games. I'm pretty sure it popped up as a subtitle in NSMB Wii. That reputation still follows Nintendo though.

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

OmegaStar wrote:

With the exception of Awakening's DLC, Nintendo hasn't done much heavy censorship in years. Bravely Default was actually edited by Square Enix and another company. Also, the US branch of Nintendo, is still Nintendo.

Its not about it being heavy, its that it exists at all. In Fire Emblem's case it wasn't really anything that bad to begin with, just like all the censoring they used to require. I think his point about it being NOA and not Nintendo is that its not Nintendo as a whole thats at fault. A big part of NOA's job is localization and handling cultural differences for the company. They're supposed to be advising the main branch (NOJ) what does or doesn't work, and what is or isn't appropriate for NA. Remember why we didn't initially get the Project Rainfall games? That was NOA's decision, not NOJ's and certainly not Iwata's.

Also, as for Binding of Isaac, denying a game's release is still a form of censorship. Your deciding what is or isn't ok for your fans to view and have access to for them, and by extension judging the game itself.

RobbEJay

TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

I think bowser retains the title of demon kink over here too, or at least he regained it in modern games. I'm pretty sure it popped up as a subtitle in NSMB Wii. That reputation still follows Nintendo though.

OmegaStar wrote:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

Its not about it being heavy, its that it exists at all. In Fire Emblem's case it wasn't really anything that bad to begin with, just like all the censoring they used to require. I think his point about it being NOA and not Nintendo is that its not Nintendo as a whole thats at fault. A big part of NOA's job is localization and handling cultural differences for the company. They're supposed to be advising the main branch (NOJ) what does or doesn't work, and what is or isn't appropriate for NA. Remember why we didn't initially get the Project Rainfall games? That was NOA's decision, not NOJ's and certainly not Iwata's.

The US Branch of Nintendo, is still Nintendo. Besides, they're not the only ones guilty of situations like Operation Rainfall. Square Enix, Sega, and Namco are all just as guilty.

Edited on by TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy

8BitSamurai

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

OmegaStar wrote:

Binding of Isaac

They denied the game being released, they didn't censor it.

Pretty sure that's a vastly worse version of the same thing.

RobbEJay

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

OmegaStar wrote:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

The US Branch of Nintendo, is still Nintendo. Besides, they're not the only ones guilty of situations like Operation Rainfall. Square Enix, Sega, and Namco are all just as guilty.

Considering NOA (and any other branch) operates underneath the main section of the company (NOJ), its not quite the same as if it came from directly from the main branch. You should also consider that Iwata has admitted that he doesn't understand western tastes very well, so he entrusts the other branches to handle things and keep him informed. In situations like this they're in charge, they tell NOJ (Iwata) what does or doesn't work for their region.

This isn't quite the same thing as what other companies do, your talking about games that were never localized at all. All three games were literally in English, and localized for Europe. They were even featured in Nintendo Power, so people definitely knew about them and expected them to come out. NOE published them for Europe, but for some reason NOA couldn't be arsed and other companies (XSEED and Gamestop) had to intervene. Considering the history of releases for niche games between NA and PAL regions, it doesn't make sense that people in Europe would be interested in them but not the US. It highlights another arguably bigger problem, but thats a different discussion altogether.

RobbEJay

SCRAPPER392

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten locked yet. It's kiddie to think Nintendo is kiddie, so the whole thread contradicts itself.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.