Forums

Topic: Nintendo has unannounced Wii U titles set for release before 2014

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

JGMR

VG24/7 wrote:

During an investor’s meeting yesterday, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said the firm has unannounced Wii U titles set to release by 2014.

According to Iwata, translated by Cheesemeister, there’s more information on development “than could be released at E3.”

Iwata said that what has been shown through Nintendo Direct sessions and on the floor at E3 was enough to “ease owners’ fears.”

The firm has a plan in place so that there isn’t as much of a gap between the announcement and the game’s release so as not to “lessen the impact or allow competitors to copy.”

You can read the original version through here, or just wait for the translation to be posted in a couple of days.

Article on VG24/7

With kind regards,

JGMR

moomoo

What? Nintendo barely showed anything at E3 as it was. It was a 45 minute presentation about a bunch of games we already knew were coming, besides a new Mario game and DK game.
Maybe it's just some digital stuff? This doesn't make much sense to me. I doubt competitors could make a copy of Nintendo's games in such a short time, and if the game is of the usual Nintendo quality, I doubt that the impact would really be lessened.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

sinalefa

That sounds great. And with Nintendo doing Directs whenever they please, they did not have to show everything at E3.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Captain_Toad

Heh. This looks like it's going to be a post-E3 Nintendo Direct all over again!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

FireMario887

Oh, really! Neat! This could lead to possibilities for a new Metroid game..... I hope so..... Though I doubt it will happen and that makes angry. >:[

FireMario887

DefHalan

I would like to see a new entry in the Ice Climbers series in HD, even if it was just an eShop title with global leaderboards

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

JGMR

A new Solar Striker! A new HAL pinball game! Or a new IP. I dunno. I do not even own a Wii U, but I am looking forward to some of the upcoming announcements.

With kind regards,

JGMR

Snagrio

More unannounced titles eh? I'll try to keep my expectations in check, yet I can't help but be a little excited.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

sinanziric

They could announce Metroid, I Bet they are working on it..... it's just not close to release. BUT WE NEED INFO. WE KNOW WE WON'T PLAY IT ANYTIME SOON.

Sorry for caps.

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

Snagrio

sinanziric wrote:

They could announce Metroid, I Bet they are working on it..... it's just not close to release. BUT WE NEED INFO. WE KNOW WE WON'T PLAY IT ANYTIME SOON.

Sorry for caps.

But the article said games set to release BEFORE 2014, so I doubt an unfinished game that's still got a lot of development time to go like Metroid will be on the list. Of course who's to say they flat out won't announce anything for beyond 2013. That or Metroid has actually been in the making for several years already and Nintendo has kept it totally secret.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CrimsonFire

If this is truly going to be a big announcement i will have try not to have any expectations and if it is exiting and awesome i will be blown away

Knux

I'll believe this when I see the games actually announced.

Knux

shingi_70

Than why did they barley announce anything at E3. Nintendo isn't in thwbpostion where they can hold cards close to the chest.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CrazyOtto

I hope July has a Nintendo Direct.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

WebHead

I'll believe it when I see it.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

Than why did they barley announce anything at E3. Nintendo isn't in thwbpostion where they can hold cards close to the chest.

Maybe they only focused on titles with potential for big sales for E3 and are doing some niche cool thing that would be overshadowed? I mean that's what they did with the Wonderful 101, granted I thought that was stupid then too.

I'd approve of more focus on digital games and making them matter on Nintendo so if it is more digital titles, I'm all for it. Especially since they won't cost 60 dollars.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NinChocolate

There's always development to announce and Iwatas right, a strategy of well timed reveals and releases both will keep a steady pulse for the console

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Joeynator3000

Metroid: Yet Another M
...Actually I'm kinda hoping for Metroid Dread. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.