Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct (8/7/2013) Discussion

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

JamesFox

Good:

• Summer Carnival '93: Recca unexpectedly US Bound for 3DS eShop for VC (Huzzah)
  • Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney US Bound for 2014
  • Wonderful 101 Direct confirmed
  • Animal Crossing Plaza

Bad:

• Nintendo still being chicken in terms of bringing ANY of the Daigasso! Band Brothers games stateside
  • Nintendo still not acknowledging the looming Australian Region Lock ban nor the #NintendoRegionFree movement

JamesFox

Nintendo Network ID: RetroToonMaster | Twitter:

BeevDawg

I thought it was average, there were release dates for the of the Wii U games coming up but nothing on Wii Fit U or no Zelda U.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCebMlyCNMIIVuX-QVtCrMAw - YouTube

MAB

The upcoming indie games alone made that direct awesome. The little guys are doing what the so called big AAA devs don't... Make bloody good games

MAB

BlueToad

MadAussieBloke wrote:

The upcoming indie games alone made that direct awesome. The little guys are doing what the so called big AAA devs don't... Make bloody good games

This is very true haha I'm starting to really love and enjoy indie games.. Some are just so unique!

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter:

dumedum

Beevdog wrote:

I thought it was average, there were release dates for the of the Wii U games coming up but nothing on Wii Fit U or no Zelda U.

Zelda U is too complicated to just bring up. There is already a title upcoming for both the Wii U and a 3DS. They can't just talk about a 3rd Zelda. They need to keep Zelda U to some future big event. Like next E3.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

BlueToad

dumedum wrote:

Beevdog wrote:

Zelda U is too complicated to just bring up. There is already a title upcoming for both the Wii U and a 3DS. They can't just talk about a 3rd Zelda. They need to keep Zelda U to some future big event. Like next E3.

And they also did say before that the Nintendo Direct would be about only announced games. I thought it was pretty good.. it gave us some information about already-announced games, and that's what we were promised.

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter:

rjejr

I think it's telling that Nintendo Life hasn't' done an "Overview" for the Direct yet. Makes me think there wasn't enough to justify the effort.

I wasn't expecting any new game announcements, but what about Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? There are only 4 months left in 2013, why have an ND for games of 2013 but leave out 2 of the most anticipated ones? The Wii U isn't selling very well, they need to promote every game they can. W101, DK, Zelda, Mario - that's a formidable line-up, but not if you don't mention half of it. People don't buy Wii U consoles for indie games, which weren't even shown in the US ND. Nintendo really shouldn't bother having a Direct unless it has something new and noteworthy to say. A Windwaker bundle or surprise announcement, otherwise it's just a let down. Something.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Kewlan

@rjejr You're expecting too much. I think they should hype the game the same month it's released, not 6 months before. Letting people know it exists and will be released in a later date is a different thing though.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

NintendoLink

In my opinion it was a Ok/good direct.

Negative - They still need to get better at promoting their strong sides, both software and hardware.

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

ultraraichu

I thought it was a pretty good nintendo direct. I guess it was because I didn't have much expectation (minus the TVii DVR update) so there wasn't a way for me to be let down.

My top 3 for my favorite parts would be...
Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright since I am a fan of both and been wanting to play it since a year and a half ago.
Animal Crossing Plaza since I have the game, the layout and features are nice, and it's available right now. Got me off guard.
Art Academy sketchpad being released friday. Also caught me off guard.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

19Robb92

It was better than I expected with the announcement of PL Vs. PW coming to EU. But I was hoping to hear more on DKC & 3D World.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

WebHead

A solid direct overall. Who seriously thought they were gonna show Zelda U? Seriously guys...

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

BandG

i didnt necessarily think they would show zelda at the ND but i do think they will show it soon they said they were VERY close to showing it a t E3

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

MAB

There were 2 Zelda games shown in the direct... How many more do you need

MAB

shingi_70

i don't think the next Zelda is ready to be shown off with the exception of a trailer or piece artwork. Nintendo smartly wants all eyes on A link between worlds, and is treating it like a big release unlike past handheld zeldas (the DS duo).

Something I picked up from rewatching the direct (in the middle of it now) but NNID,Miiverse, and crossbuy may possibly be coming to nintendo platforms. Summer update being delayed to late summer/early fall to maybe coincide with a bigger 3DS update. I'm guessing Super Mario Bros 3 will be the first game with other VC titles being updated or paying a small fee.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

rjejr

Kewlan wrote:

@rjejr You're expecting too much. I think they should hype the game the same month it's released, not 6 months before. Letting people know it exists and will be released in a later date is a different thing though.

I agree it's sometimes annoying when games get talked about forever before you can buy them - like X+Y - but that's the nature of the business. Last of US, GTAV, Beyond: 2 Souls, any bid game is going to be covered and have pre-orders. Super Mario 3D World should be 1 of those titles.

Also, I'm more interested in selling the Wii U now more than any 1 single game - 160,000 in 3 months is very bad - so I think they need to advertise that the big hitters are coming out, otherwise people might think the games aren't coming out. Did you wait months and months for Pikmin 3, or Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Kewlan

@rjejr Wait, do you mean you're selling your Wii U because it's selling bad or because there are no games interesting you?
Anyway, I haven't really bought a console in advance to wait for a specific release, I usually buy them just to have them when the games finally come out.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

rjejr

Kewlan wrote:

@rjejr Wait, do you mean you're selling your Wii U because it's selling bad or because there are no games interesting you?
Anyway, I haven't really bought a console in advance to wait for a specific release, I usually buy them just to have them when the games finally come out.

No, I worded that poorly. What I meant was I'm more interested in what Nintendo does to sell the Wii U rather than selling any 1 game. If the Wii U were selling well - which it isn't - then it would be ok forthem to promote Windwaker for a month before it released, then promotoe Mario 3D World a month before it released, and Donkey Kong a month before it released, but I think they shouldn't worry about selling each game separately, they need to advertise all the games at once in order to sell the Wii U. Nintendo needs to sell the Wii U more than any 1 game. I'm keeping the 1 I bought Sat. to play W101 and Pikmin 3.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

WebHead

Was it great? No. But man from the hate comments I saw from the stream, people simply cannot control their expectations...

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.