Forums

Topic: Nintendo Collecting 101

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

BeevDawg

Hey Nintendo fans and collectors!

Many of you may have a Wii U but how many of you have it to collect and experience Nintendos legacy? Do you collect N64, Gamecube, NES or even SNES consoles?

This is established communciation for collectors to post photos, videos of their collections and if not gain friends to more rare collecting opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCebMlyCNMIIVuX-QVtCrMAw - YouTube

Big_L91

i currently own every nintendo console except the NES, but just getting started on collecting really. my biggest library of games would be for wii just because they where so cheap when i decided i was going to start collecting. i would say so far i have about...
60 wii games
10 GCN ganes
5 snes games
15 n64 games
11 wii u games

not just nintendo though i also keep an eye out for PS1, megadrive and dreamcast stuff and own a 360 although thats by far my least favorite.

put it on.

retropunky

Being a kid back in the day, I didn't have funds to buy consoles. When my parents bought me the NES, they weren't too excited that I got hooked on it. So, I didn't get a chance to experience the SNES, other than when visiting a friend who did have it.

Now? Let the collecting begin.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Mk_II

i've been buying and collecting since 2000 and have al the Nintendo consoles & handhelds (except Virtual Boy) and most of the competion. Plus about 2000 games

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

ElkinFencer10

I've got a relatively extensive collection considering that I started collecting in high school and am still in college (and thus have had relatively little money to spend on my collection). Over half of that collection (nearly 1,100 games) is Nintendo, but there's a lot of diversity. Here's a link to my Backloggery page if anyone is curious.

http://www.backloggery.com/elkinfencer10

ElkinFencer10

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9709-7070 | Nintendo Network ID: ElkinFencer10 | Twitter:

supermario182

i basically never had a current system until i got my gamecube, we were usually a generation behind or so. but i have every nintendo system, minus virtual boy which i have almost bought a few times. i really started getting into collecting around 98 or so when i was in jr high, we still had our nes and i had bought a snes a few years before that from my friends older brother. i would scour the pawn shops all the time, and back then you could always find wicked games for like 5 or 10 bucks. no we have boxes full of games for nes, snes, n64, and this past year i've really gotten back into the glory of the gamecube and have a ton of games for that as well.

hers some pics of my current gamecube stuff and a bit of my snes collection.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
my website
play my games and demos here!!

Twitter:

retropunky

@ElkinFencer10
I've seen a few users with a "backloggery" and find it interesting. Never heard of that and may look into that soon. By the way, good stuff going on there.

@supermario182
Really dig the GC collection.

I don't have anything fancy to share, but here is what I've been able to get as far as consoles go:

SNES, N64, GC, PS2, Wii, Wii U, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GBM, DS and 3DSXL.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

ElkinFencer10

Oh, I love Backloggery. It's a REALLY efficient way to keep up with your collection and what games you have and haven't finished.

ElkinFencer10

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9709-7070 | Nintendo Network ID: ElkinFencer10 | Twitter:

PloXyZeRO

I sold about 95% of my games in October to save up for a motorcycle (which I still don't have, lawl) so I don't really have many games now

I have a few Wii U games and a few of the top Wii games (SSBB, Mario Kart, Galaxy, etc.), a few 3DS games, and about 10 Gamecube games, and Steam games

Before that I had about 30 PS3 games, 50 GCN games, 50 Wii Games, 25 DS games, Xbox 360 games, N64 games, PS1 games, etc.

But now they're all gone! I have to admit though, that was probably one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I was to attached to games that I would never even play and I wanted to keep them just for nostalgia's sake. I don't mind that I don't have too many games now because they're more than enough to keep me occupied (currently playing DKC:TF, Super Monkey Ball, Super Meat Boy, and Castle Crashers (insane mode)). So now I don't really see the appeal in collecting because I feel like I would be wasting money, and it's already hard enough to make cash when you're 17. But maybe it's something I could get into in the distant future, when I have a stable job and extra money to spend

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

8BitSamurai

I collect games for all Nintendo systems but the Virtual Boy. Just got my first Famicom game today.

Not that impressive, but I've got 17 NES/FC carts, 4 Game Boy / Color games, 16 GBA games 15 SNES games, a small little stack of N64 games (Meh), 20 GameCube games, 28 DS games, 29 Wii games, 7 3DS games, and a couple of Wii U games. Nothing special, but hoping to pick up some more GBA, SNES and NES games soon.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

ogo79

ogo wuz here

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

DarkJediMasterX

I had every nintendo system starting from the NES when I was a kid, but a few years back I lost all my originals in a natural disaster, but once I get the funding I plan to collect Nintendo products. I never plan to sell them, but Im sure my kids will in the future lol. Might as well play on them while I can right haha

I do collect other things when I can afford them, but they aren't Nintendo products.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/darkholegames
Beam.Pro (streaming): https://beam.pro/DarkHoleGames
Nintendo Switch FC: SW-7491-9532-3518

Twitter:

kyuubikid213

I plan on collecting 101 in the future. Wonderful 101, that is.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

SCRAPPER392

I used to collect Nintendo games, but I beat most of them, and they were just sitting there, so I sold them and bought a 3DS, then partied away the rest of the money.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.