Forums

Topic: Nintendo banned my Mii and blocked my Phone Number

Posts 101 to 103 of 103

theblackdragon

Hey guys, I'm serious about ignoring the issue of his NNID and asking for honest answers, which is why I'm deleting comments from those of you who want to either state the obvious for the nth time or just crack jokes at his expense. If you're not interested in helping this person, please do not comment in this thread.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

cookiex

theblackdragon wrote:

(a) is it possible for the OP to change their Nintendo Network username and regain unhindered access to Miiverse and whatnot?

He can't change the name of his account wether it got banned/censored or not (as previously mentioned it's stated in the service agreement) so he would have to create a new account.

(b) If (a) is not possible, is it possible for the OP to create a new, inoffensive NNID on the same Wii U and enjoy unhindered access to Miiverse and whatnot via the new username?

In theory he should (have never come across this situation myself so I'm not 100% sure) but he no longer has the right to re-download any of his previous purchases since they were tied to his old account.

(c) if (b) is possible, will the OP still be able to redownload their copy of WWHD and/or play the original download without issue?

If he hasn't deleted the files he should still be able to play the game with a new account. If he has deleted the files, then he's SOL.

(d) is the game purchase tied to the NNID itself or the console? Will the OP still need to keep the 'bad' username around if they want to keep their copy of WWHD since it's already been purchased via that NNID?

The purchase is tied to his NNID but as I've already said that right mostly extends to being able to re-download the game after deleting it. As long as the game exists on the system he should be able to access it from any account.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

theblackdragon

... and there we have it, thanks @cookiex. @WiiDSmoker, if you have any further questions regarding your NNID and downloaded games, you may want to give Nintendo's tech support forums a try; provided you don't sign up for an account with your offending username, you may have better luck there regarding the technicalities regarding your Wii U, downloaded games, and switching around your NNIDs. If nothing else, perhaps NIntendo's support crew will be more amenable to dealing with you via e-mail; you could try getting in touch with them for help that way too. Best of luck to you regarding this particular issue!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.