Wii U Forum

Topic: Ninten-Does What Others Don't!

Showing 101 to 120 of 133

AuthorMessage

MAB

101. Posted:

Honestly who needs Tony Hawk Pro Skater when you can have the more superior Skate Boardin' off TV play ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

102. Posted:

@SCAR392

I've recently finally been getting around to playing Sony franchises on my PS3 because I was such a Nintendo and Sega fanboy back in the day I practically missed out on PS1 and PS2 series/exclusives (and Xbox too since I only bought it for DOA) the console got. In any case, I'm just about done playing the Jak & Daxter Trilogy and I have to disagree with that piss poor statement for a game that came out in over 10 years ago the game is still playable today and enjoyed the 3 games thus far and I've especially enjoyed the story in Jak 2 and 3. While I wouldn't say it's as good as Super Mario Sunshine that is probably the nostalgia in me saying it. Had I played Jak & Daxter back when it came out originally I would probably say both are on par or if the tables were turned (was a Sony fanboy back then) I'd say Jak & Daxter is better out of nostalgia and say Super Mario Sunshine is good but not as good. I'll soon be working on more of my PS3 backlog soon and trying out Rachet and Clank Trilogy and Sly Cooper Trilogy next and see how those franchises are.

But it's your opinion and no one can change that but for someone who just played the series for the first time and was a huge Nintendo fanboy from NES - GCN I can safely say that it didn't have piss poor gameplay, but again it's your opinion. It's kind of like how I have my own opinion that Nintendo hasn't made a good Mario game since Super Mario Galaxy. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was enjoyable with co-op but sadly since me and my friends have busy lives and Nintendo being lazy to make the game online it was hard to make a play date. In fact it took nearly 2 years for me to play World 1 to World 5 but that's because I refused to play the game without co-op. Eventually in late 2011 I got tired of taking so long and decided to replay the 1st 5 worlds along with the ones I have yet to play without co-op and I gotta say the game was boring. This game was nowhere near as enjoyable as I found it when I was playing with friends. I did enjoy the first New Super Mario Bros. game but that's probably where the issue was that aside from the co-op the games were pretty much the same it wasn't ground changing like Super Mario Bros. 1, 3, and World. I just recently got around to playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS and again found that game to be boring, tho I honestly knew it wasn't gonna be great since it looked identical to the first 2 games when it was revealed. It was like they literally just copy and pasted the game changed a few things around and called it a day. I have yet to buy New Super Mario Bros. U but after my ordeals with the last I won't buy it unless it was around $20. If it had online co-op on the other hand I would definitely of bought the game Day One. I also recently got around to playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 after having it sit on my shelf for 2 years and while it was good game it was no where near as good as the original. I've played Super Mario Galaxy 3 times already since 2007 with this past April being the 3rd time and I'm still amazed by it and found it so fun and enjoyable along with the story being perfect. Super Mario Galaxy 2 however felt like a quick cash in my opinion, tho like I said it was good but nothing amazing like the first one. Miyamoto recently said about possibly making Super Mario Galaxy 3 down the line and I honestly hope not because he'll just turn this in a quick cash in series like the New Mario Bros. series is like. I'd rather see a true sequel to Super Mario Galaxy like it's predecessors Mario Sunshine and Mario 64 were completely brand new. Finally there's the Paper Mario franchise. I love the Paper Mario series the first 2 games were amazing game play wise and story wise (and this isn't nostalgia because I began playing them just back in 2011 and proceeded to play the sequels every 6 months after the last one), however I heard the stories about Super Paper Mario and was ready to expect the worst and while the game was completely different from the first two which I didn't like it still had it's charm and that was mostly due to the story. Paper Mario: Sticker Star on the other hand was the worst out of the Paper Mario franchise. The game wasn't memorable (honestly the only thing the sticks out to my mind was the Forest arc which wasn't fun either), the sticker mechanics was pretty bad and I always kept holding back not wanting to use amazing stickers because I wasn't sure if I'd get another anytime soon and got frustrated when I'd waste too much stickers on a pointless battle. In fact battling was pretty much pointless since you didn't earn EXP, sure you got coins but those were easy to get even without battling and once you've reached the Snow world and could do that easy coin trick grinding battling anyone further in the game was pretty much moot. Super Mario 3D Land a good game for the 3DS but I don't find anything attractive for the upcoming Super Mario 3D World. It feels like they did with New Super Mario Bros DS to Wii where it's practically the same game but they just made it for console and added co-op. I was honestly looking forward to a true successor to Mario Galaxy and when I saw that I was just disappointed. If anything this should've been the game to be released when the Wii U came out and not New Mario U. Now this whole rant doesn't mean I hate Mario games since I obviously still buy them but I just think there hasn't been a good Mario game since Galaxy 1 and with how things are going I don't see that changing anytime soon.

tl;dr Mario games haven't been good since Mario Galaxy but that's just my opinion.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

LeasTwanteD

103. Posted:

Living in the past is where they are the best. I agree.

NSFW

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

uptownsoul

104. Posted:

@GilVelez1 but as I pointed out on post 75 (I believe), nintendo's problem is that they are behind XB1/PS4 in HD & online infrastructure by 7 years.  Nintendo  has to invest in these things, which are cheaper, but you can't put a price tag on the 7years of experience your competitors have on you.  More importantly, Xbox, PS, AND 3rd party pubs & devs all went through the ups & downs of online & HD gaming TOGETHER.  Some exceptions like pubs & devs making pc games & Microsoft being in the pc software business.  But none of that will help nintendo out.

So your getting wiiU owners with online connection problems.  Your getting Miyamoto(sp?) saying HD games are harder than they first thought.  All that's to be expected & should have happened in 2006.

So your getting a WiiU that will miss out on some games (GTA5, MGS5). And have other games that will probably watered down like COD Ghosts (which will have 64 person online multiplayer maps that I don't think nintendo's online infrastructure can support).  As well as Elders scroll online that I'm hearing will be an attempt at a console based MMO.  

Your getting Miyamoto(sp?) saying HD games are harder than they first thought.  All that's to be expected & should have happened in 2006.

Furthermore, it should be troublesome when Miyamoto(sp?) says they thought HD gaming was going to be easier because I wonder if they built their hardware based on how hard they thought HD games were to make.  I dunno.

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage

MAB

105. Posted:

We wouldn't really need COD if they just gave us Commando ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

gilvelez1

106. Posted:

@uptownsoul - their hardware is great and can handle HD.
it won't affect their game making.
But yes. Even I thought back when the wii released that it shouldve been HD.
I don't understand how they can say the thing about tvs in the home when both their competition was going hd?
It just goes back to the n64 when they chose to stay with cartridges instead of disc... when they had already been experiementing with sony on a joint system which later became the ps1... that nintendo funded. Yes nintendo funded the entire ps1 project backed out and sony chose to still release it. The birth of sony playststion. The birth of the ps fanboys :)
But yes I completely agree with you.
I'm just patient and too old to (33) to worry about what they couldve done. Its the fact they are doing it now that makes me happy.
I don't think their decision to jump to hd now will have a downside due to the notso great leap that ps4 and xbox1 are offering.

gilvelez1

Nintendo Network ID: gvelez3

AuthorMessage

uptownsoul

107. Posted:

@GilVelez1 since you seem to make coherent arguments pro-Nintendo, I'd like to get your response to my theory on Wii U being "kiddie" console. I think nintendo gets the kiddie label because their great gameplay gets packaged & presented in a cartoonish way.  I mean Pikmin 3, which maybe a great game, looks like sprouts or something.  Mario kart, again may be tons of fun to play.  But banana peels as weapons to make other go carts go slipping & sliding all over the place?  Even Mario is dressed in a bunch of animal costumes surrounded by turtles & walking mushrooms.  As good as these games may be to play, if you told me an 8 year old came up with the concepts, I'd believe you.  I mean ZombiU showed promise on concept & the Wii had Madworld, I think-a black & white gruesome game.  But nintendo doesn't make these cornerstone franchises to appeal to other kind of gamers.  No, instead...Donkey kong country & Kirby (which both may be fun, but concept people, concept)

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage

gilvelez1

108. Posted:

@uptownsoul
You can call any system from nintendo a kiddie system. Although there are probably more adults that play their systems. You have to work with what you have. They have kiddie franchises. They have adult ones to... metroid.. wii fit (now) and a few others. But the major thing is Nintendo knows what makes the money. They sell mario characters in lego pieces. My son has a whole mario bed set. They are going to lean towards those franchises right now and towards the holiday especially to help thier financial situation. With the WiiU they are trying to bring back/in the core gamer. So we will see more serious franchises also. Ala X... ZombiU.. and the mature ports they recieved thus far

gilvelez1

AuthorMessage

uptownsoul

109. Posted:

@GilVelez1 "they will lean toward 'those' franchises now"? "will see serious franchises"? Really? But why doesn't nintendo promote & market their mature or adult franchises with as much zest as these child friendly games. It seems to me, as a Nintendo outsider that they didnt promote zombiU or Madworld before it 100% & that's why it did meet expectations, IMO. I mean when they want to really promote an exclusive (1st or 3rd party) it does good. They should treat 3rd party exclusives like 1st party on marketing & promotion if for no other reason than to convince more 3rd parties to do exclusives with them. See what nintendo needs more than anything is to enlarge their install base. 1st party games will do that, but I'm not sure Nintendo understands that a vigorous promotion of 3rd party mature games isn't a counter weight. I mean if sombody's gonna buy a Wii U because of Mario kart or pikmin 3, they're not going to reconsider because MadWorld U is ALSO coming out.

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage

gilvelez1

110. Posted:

@uptownsoul
Third party advertizing is not their responsibility. Unless it is an exclusive then yes they need to promote better. Zombiu bundle pack was a nice touch.
Yes really- we will see more mature franchises on wiiu.
We already have.
Also Pikmin may look kiddie but it is NOT a kiddie game trust me. There is too much strategy thinking involved to label it kiddie.
Just you watch. Mature games will come.
As far as advertizing.. I hope they do better. I want them too. But have no answer as to why they haven't

Edited on by gilvelez1

gilvelez1

AuthorMessage

ferthepoet

111. Posted:

there's some famboyism going here, yah Nintendoes some things other consoles don't like Nintendo directs which are cool but Ninten-also-does some crappy things the competition is not doing like tying your digital games to your console with the risk of losing hundreds of dollars if your consoles is broken or stolen and region locking the consoles.....

ferthepoet

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

112. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

there's some famboyism going here, yah Nintendoes some things other consoles don't like Nintendo directs which are cool but Ninten-also-does some crappy things the competition is not doing like tying your digital games to your console with the risk of losing hundreds of dollars if your consoles is broken or stolen and region locking the consoles.....

people know that if your 3DS breaks you can just pop your SD card out and you'll still have all your data right? I mean the only really common way to lose it would be if you dropped it in a pool or something or your 3DS got stolen but other than that you're pretty much good. I do agree however that Nintendo really does need to come out with a account based system for all your purchases and everything else regarding what you do on the systems. It's just ridiculous that they haven't gotten on this yet and it's really annoying to be honest.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

moomoo

113. Posted:

thatguyEZ wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

people know that if your 3DS breaks you can just pop your SD card out and you'll still have all your data right? I mean the only really common way to lose it would be if you dropped it in a pool or something or your 3DS got stolen but other than that you're pretty much good.

All that data on the SD card is tied to the system. So if your 3DS breaks and you don't send it to Nintendo and you just buy a new system, you won't be able to use the data on that SD card on your new system. Everything is tied to the system.
That's why not having an account system sucks.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

gilvelez1

114. Posted:

I agree region locking sucks. But I do believe that set up will inevitably change. Nintendo may just not understand its importance till 6yrs from now (HD) :)

gilvelez1

AuthorMessage

gilvelez1

115. Posted:

Kid Icarus coming to WiiU eshop July 25th
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/4VEfb1mlzTaUGhsY1yUtSNJq...

gilvelez1

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

116. Posted:

gilvelez1 wrote:

I agree region locking sucks. But I do believe that set up will inevitably change. Nintendo may just not understand its importance till 6yrs from now (HD) :)

If it takes them 6 years to implement a account system, that's really sad..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

117. Posted:

I'm not being biased. I'd rather play Super Mario Sunshine, Galaxy, or Mario Kart instead of LBP or Jak & Dexter.
The PS games are still OK, but I just think Nintendo games are better.
I've played Uncharted 1 & 2. Still OK, but I prefer Gears of War. Again, Super Smash Bros. vs. PS Battle Royal. SSB. wins, IMO.

I will never like Sony 1st party games as much, compared to what Microsoft, Nintendo, or 3rd party companies bring out.

That's why I always go Nintendo first, and this generation, things seem to be leaning more torwards Xbox One for me if I decide to buy another console.
I had a Wii, then a PS3 before an Xbox 360 last gen, and I played my Xbox 360 more.
When I got bored of HD systems, I played Wii some more.
I'm not biased. I genuinely think Sony's first party games are relevant, just not to the point where I would argue they match or exceed anything the other companies offer.
I've played PS games, but have always found better gameplay, physics, and graphics(before PS3) to be better on any other system besides PS.
I even liked Sega more than than PS, and looked at them as equals, until I had no clue Saturn or Dreamcast existed and I realized they died by the time I had a GCN.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

uptownsoul

118. Posted:

@scar392 I respect your opinion but all of what you just wrote was biased. And that's fine, but it's biased. To say what you said while showing no statistical proof (and I don't know how to statistically prove this game is better than that) is an opinion & by definition, biased. But I don't knock your opinion.

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage

Aviator

119. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm not being biased.

but I just think Nintendo games are better.

You keep telling yourself that.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

120. Posted:

It's bias by definition. It's not necessarily a dirty word.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Sorry, this topic has been locked.