Forums

Topic: Ninja Pig Studios (Meme Run): The Immature Developer

Posts 181 to 200 of 310

SCRAPPER392

It passed Nintendo's quality check and the developer had enough money to develop and publish. I don't see the problem. Just don't buy it if you "hate" it. I'm just as surprised, especially with the way the trailer is and how cheap it looks. It looks like a cheap internet game, and NOA probably laughed. Just let it go.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

JusticeColde

It probably only passed because the people at NoA were annoyed by this dumbdonkey.
The fact that pandora's box has been opened is so damn maddening, since other people will be inspired by this and do the exact same thing. It's basically been proven that this kind of thing is instant dosh on Wii U and that's really going to have negative effects on the eShop.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

SKTTR

You can actually rate bad software 1 star or 2 stars on the eShop.
You can write your impressions down in Miiverse, to recommend games or leave impressions, and you can read opinions about each game from other players.
You can also look up youtube for gameplay videos.

If people want a bad game it's their choice,
just as it's their choice to pick a good or interesting game.
They can do whatever they want.
They can inform themselves or impulse buy.
Whatever they like!

We have to realize that things have changed with Nintendo's new openness, and we need to accept the showing of more and more very small basic games in the eShop. Good thing we can just choose to skip the bad ones. On the upside having low quality games or shovelware adds quantity and variety and hides often a gem for someone - in fact every game has a chance for an audience. But lazy or unskilled developers of ugly, broken, or amateurish games have to take or ignore the criticism, it's always been like that. Especially when gamers are used to Nintendo quality.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Drobotic

Wow.I actually posted how I think the game should not exist and be on the eShop and now I can't post on the Meme Run community.Just shows how stubborn and unable to take legitimate criticism the developer is.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Octane

SCAR392 wrote:

It passed Nintendo's quality check

Looking at what's offered on the eShop, I don't think there's such thing as a ''quality check''.

Octane

CM30

I have to wonder if there ever was. Remember, almost all the games the Angry Video Game Nerd played (for Nintendo systems) passed the 'quality' checks.

Some (like Superman 64 were just plain broken all around), and some others were less so yet still poor enough to fail a decent beta test (like say, the SNES Wizard of Oz tie in game).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Octane

CM30 wrote:

I have to wonder if there ever was. Remember, almost all the games the Angry Video Game Nerd played (for Nintendo systems) passed the 'quality' checks.

Some (like Superman 64 were just plain broken all around), and some others were less so yet still poor enough to fail a decent beta test (like say, the SNES Wizard of Oz tie in game).

I agree, but at least they can pretend they tried at least. With a game like Meme Run, you have no excuse. Even if it was a mobile game, it would've been terrible. A key difference though is that with the eShop, these so-called ''developers'' can keep releasing their games, because development takes no effort, and every sale counts towards a net profit.

Octane

CM30

That's not been a new trend either. Some of the makers may have tried. But did the people who made... say, 'Colour a Dinosaur' try in any way?

That got a license.

And at least Meme Run is sort of a game. I remember something called Fireplacing that got about 1/10 on Nintendo Life because it was a freaking virtual fireplace simulator on the eShop... sigh.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DefHalan

"Quality" Check does not stop bad games from being released on Nintendo's Systems. "Quality" Check only makes sure the games technically function on Nintendo Systems. Nintendo's "Quality" Check has nothing to do on whether or not a game is fun.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Aviator

Yeah the fun police are quite clearly all of you guys here.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Yoshi

CM30 wrote:

That's not been a new trend either. Some of the makers may have tried. But did the people who made... say, 'Colour a Dinosaur' try in any way?

That got a license.

Hey, do you have any idea how much that game runs for now? Surely, that's a sign of a good game...right?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Vincent294

Guys, let's just stop posting about this, if you want to hurt Ninja Pig, forget it ever happened and Jordan Schueltz will be long forgotten.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Justlink

Who's Jordan Schueltz? He the developer?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

the_shpydar

Jeez. Let it go, people. A bad game came out. The world did not end.
Let
It.
Go.
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people?
Pathetic.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SheldonRandoms

I still want #FREDRECHID4MEMERUN : P

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Klimbatize

the_shpydar wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

The world did not end.

PROVE IT

Untitled
Oh.
Hmmm.
My mistake.

Made my week.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.