Forums

Topic: Nikkei: Nintendo to Cease Wii U Production at the End of 2016

Posts 41 to 60 of 89

IceClimbers

@DefHalan: Gives them lineup strength. Not every game has to sell the console. That mindset needs to go.

Zelda is all but guaranteed, Smash and Pokken are extremely likely, Bayo 1 & 2 was more speculation on my part and would only happen if Platinum asked.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haru17

FragRed wrote:

Well Nintendo will never be able to change the minds of the anti-Nintendo fan boys of Sony and Microsoft, whom I am sure don't even buy first party games on their own systems judging by low sales so far this gen.

Lol, it seems I need to set my expectations even lowed, because I'm continually surprised by people's utterly dull world views. 'Anti-Nintendo' fanboys as you call them wouldn't even deign to post here. Obviously the salty people in this forum such as myself are lapsed Nintendo fans, wanting something different than the U.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DefHalan

@IceClimbers: I think having new games. Giving the new console a new face, not just old ports, would be way better.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DK-Fan

Sad but unexpected. It would have been extremely weird if the console reached the average 5-year lifespan considering that it did much worse than the gamecube.

I have a wii u and liked it but it is nothing but a gamecube-philosophy console with the forced-and-useless connectivity with the Wii brand slapped. It was Miyamoto's ego in phsyical form and that was it demise. While the Wii was created to attract new gamers and expand the audience (which it did before the gamecube philosophy started to raise again), the wii u was the complete anti-thesis of it: a console for geeks and otakus.

Let's hope the NX learn from the Wii U's mistakes and they get it right this time.

DK-Fan

Haru17

Minotaurgamer wrote:

It was Miyamoto's ego in phsyical form and that was it demise.

Untitled ?

Chandlero

Minotaurgamer wrote:

It was Miyamoto's ego in phsyical form and that was it demise.

What the hell is it with Miyamoto in this forum everywhere?? Miyamoto is not responsible for every decision Nintendo made or makes. So please stop this nonsense.

@jariw: You are absolutely right, but since we don't know anything about NX, we could only speculate. The E3 will be very exciting.

@Haru17: Good picture

Edited on by Chandlero

veeflames

@FragRed: Well, they really can't get the NX reveal wrong, that's for sure. But what is that line between "right reveal" and "wrong reveal"? Low powered console or behemoth console? Innovation or no innovation? Backwards compatibility?
Take the last question, for example. If Nintendo announces backwards compatibility for the home console NX, it'll be sure to stir up the "Oh no, screen on controller again!" statements. If not, some people would go "Aw, so I have to buy a Wii U to play it's games? Bull!" No motion controls? Some will cry foul. Motion controls? Oh, some will cry foul, too.
Oh boy. I sure hope Nintendo blows people away with the NX. I sure do.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

FragRed

Haru17 wrote:

FragRed wrote:

Well Nintendo will never be able to change the minds of the anti-Nintendo fan boys of Sony and Microsoft, whom I am sure don't even buy first party games on their own systems judging by low sales so far this gen.

Lol, it seems I need to set my expectations even lowed, because I'm continually surprised by people's utterly dull world views. 'Anti-Nintendo' fanboys as you call them wouldn't even deign to post here. Obviously the salty people in this forum such as myself are lapsed Nintendo fans, wanting something different than the U.

Oh I wasn't even thinking about the salty people that posted here in these forums, I was just looking at what is posted elsewhere on other sites that aren't entirely Nintendo focused. I am just worried that Nintendo may try and capture the Wii market again, even if they say that the NX is nothing to do with either the Wii or DS lines. But I am not too sure what market Nintendo can really fit into right now.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed: @DarthNocturnal: @FriedSquid: That said, we don't know whether DeNA is taking control of online services or not which if they are this case could end up like the Wii/DS situation if DeNA goes under.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

In case anyone's wondering, this is a better visual representation of Miyamoto's ego and Nintendo's Demise:

Untitled

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I'm twelve.

Edited on by Haru17

FragRed

@Vee_Flames: Yeah I do agree. I do think Nintendo are in a real tricky situation, and it's not entirely their own fault.

But the way they have teased about the NX being this entirely new concept, something totally different to what they have created previously, the fact it is so secret that only the top third parties and first parties (not sure about second parties, but I assume at least some) know what the thing is. And of course, they announced it a whole year ago which has lead to a massive amount of rumours and "leaks" etc with Nintendo saying virtually nothing other than to deny the NX being Android based. This has all lead to a hype that may not be lived up to no matter what it is Nintendo announces. And the longer we wait for the reveal, the more hyped people become.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano: Oh God, if DeNA do take control of the online services, I hope this doesn't lead to a paid subscription for online play. Free online would be a massive unique selling point for Nintendo launching the NX now neither Sony or Microsoft offer it.

DefHalan

Vee_Flames wrote:

Well, they really can't get the NX reveal wrong, that's for sure. But what is that line between "right reveal" and "wrong reveal"? Low powered console or behemoth console? Innovation or no innovation? Backwards compatibility?
Take the last question, for example. If Nintendo announces backwards compatibility for the home console NX, it'll be sure to stir up the "Oh no, screen on controller again!" statements. If not, some people would go "Aw, so I have to buy a Wii U to play it's games? Bull!" No motion controls? Some will cry foul. Motion controls? Oh, some will cry foul, too.
Oh boy. I sure hope Nintendo blows people away with the NX. I sure do.

SAO level VR. That is what Nintendo is working on. Not just a headset, something that takes over your brain. Totally buying day 1 in case of an actual SAO situation lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

veeflames

So the report is not 100% confirmed? Hm.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@FragRed: @DarthNocturnal: @FriedSquid: That said, we don't know whether DeNA is taking control of online services or not which if they are this case could end up like the Wii/DS situation if DeNA goes under.

I seem to remember that Nintendo would manage My Nintendo while DeNA was only involved in developing it, or did I get that backwards?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

IceClimbers

@DefHalan: Never said it wouldn't get new games. The ports would be to support the lineup. Zelda would be the only one handled internally anyways.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

I don't know if this image is a clue to what the NX might be, but I remember it from a long time ago, may have been before the NX was announced but can't remember. Anyway, not sure how to insert images but the link is http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3931707/37l.jpg for those interested.

The words "Leapfrog Strategy" is something I am really interested in knowing more about. Looks like they want to skip VR judging by the image.

Shinion

Miyamoto is still evil I take it then from this page?

It really is starting to become a meme in a within itself at this point.

EDIT: dang it, new page messes up my post. You got the point anyway.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.