Forums

Topic: NHL 14

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Huachiman

Looks like NHL 14 was just announced for PS3 and XBox 360. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it won't be coming to the Wii U, but it is still a bummer. At least I still find solace in my Genesis NHL games.

Currently playing (perpetually): NHL 95, Mega Man 2 and Super Metroid

Exile20

Ye EA is really sticking it to Nintendo and well the consumers are the ones that suffer.

Exile20

MAN1AC

Nintendo really needs to address this situation.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Tasuki

MANIAC911 wrote:

Nintendo really needs to address this situation.

I dont see how, its really up to EA which consoles they make games for. Its not like Nintendo can say make those games for the Wii U or else.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

NHL 94 for the Super Nintendo is better anyway.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MAN1AC

Tasuki wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Nintendo really needs to address this situation.

I dont see how, its really up to EA which consoles they make games for. Its not like Nintendo can say make those games for the Wii U or else.

All companies can improve relations or find some type of even ground.

Online gaming exploded last gen and Ninty was on the outside looking in. Hopefully the work they're putting into the eShop and Miiverse help out and increase the online community. These games do pretty well and are released every year, so it would be weird for them to just ignore it.

And I'd personally love to play something other than cricket on my Wii U.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Cheaptrick

MANIAC911 wrote:

Nintendo really needs to address this situation.

Nop, it's EA that should address the situation it's into with Nintendo. EA doesn't have the right to demand on Nintendo to have their network be a part of EA's Origin & to run Origin's interface & netcode. EA could have done what Ubisoft did with it's UPlay on the Wii U instead of trying to totally monopolized the Nintendo network. It's greed on EA's part. Unless EA issue a formal apology to Nintendo, Nintendo should never do business with EA. Doing so will create an example that EA could just do this strong arm tactic to force others to agree of their demands.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

MAN1AC

Cheaptrick wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Nintendo really needs to address this situation.

Nop, it's EA that should address the situation it's into with Nintendo. EA doesn't have the right to demand on Nintendo to have their network be a part of EA's Origin & to run Origin's interface & netcode. EA could have done what Ubisoft did with it's UPlay on the Wii U instead of trying to totally monopolized the Nintendo network. It's greed on EA's part. Unless EA issue a formal apology to Nintendo, Nintendo should never do business with EA. Doing so will create an example that EA could just do this strong arm tactic to force others to agree of their demands.

I completely forgot about this :/
By no means do I cosign EA's business practices, but I REALLY want to play 2K on my Wii U.

Hopefully they can find some type of middle ground.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Zowolffo

As much as I wanted this game on Wii U, I'm not suprised that it's not coming. After all, hockey games aren't exactly popular (shame really) and the Wii U isn't exactly doing amazing.

Ryno wrote:

NHL 94 for the Super Nintendo is better anyway.

Yeah, no.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Huachiman

Ryno wrote:

NHL 94 for the Super Nintendo is better anyway.

Ah yes, it is an age-old debate. With the release of the Retron 5, I'm tempted to try NHL 94 on the SNES. I've only played the Genesis version, but it would be interesting to actually compare the two almost 20 years later.

Currently playing (perpetually): NHL 95, Mega Man 2 and Super Metroid

advance_melee

Errrrr i want a hockey game for wiiu

Lucario, stay strong!

RancidVomit86

Ryno wrote:

NHL 94 for the Super Nintendo is better anyway.

Untitled

Sorry but Genesis was better.

Anyway, on topic. Even if I had a Wii U by now I would still end up buying this on 360 anyway as I think there would be a bigger community playing it.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

SCRAPPER392

Ice Hockey for NES is on VC
Anyway... I don't think EA was trying to monopolize the Nintendo ground. I think they are seriously thinking about being super awesome on Wii U, but they don't know how to do that yet.
I'm sure we'll see some good EA games on Wii U. They're still just trying to figure out how to best fit the situation.

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

Cheaptrick

SCAR392 wrote:

Ice Hockey for NES is on VC
Anyway... I don't think EA was trying to monopolize the Nintendo ground. I think they are seriously thinking about being super awesome on Wii U, but they don't know how to do that yet.
I'm sure we'll see some good EA games on Wii U. They're still just trying to figure out how to best fit the situation.

Then you don't have a single clue how far EA will go. They killed the MOH franchise with Warfighter just to get extra cash at the expense of MOH gamers. That's how greedy EA is.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

Huachiman

NHL 15 similarly won't be on the Wii U. I guess it is unrealistic to think EA would change its ways. I am tempted to get a 360 just to play it (especially since a 4gb 360 will go for $99 or less this holiday season).

Currently playing (perpetually): NHL 95, Mega Man 2 and Super Metroid

taffy

If FIFA or NFL isn't going to be on the Wii U there's no chance of seeing anything else. God knows Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge would have been great on the system

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing:
Wii U - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
3DS - Fire Emblem: Awakening

mipaol

EA will be EA, I'm not much of a sports fan to be honest but it's times like this I wish EA sports would crash and burn and the officially licensed sports games would be released by a publisher that isn't so.... EA.

EA adj. A company repeatedly voted worst company of the year in a particular region, that actively craps on it's consumers with poor products and bad business practices, but manages to survive and thrive regardless because it's such a big company and it knows people will continue to buy their products no matter what.

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Top

  • Pages:
  • 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic