Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 461 to 480 of 543

theWAITisOVER

Grumblevolcano wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

Sorry, but a relaunch isn't happening at this point. Most of the big hitters are already out. The best the Wii U can do is weather the storm until the next console.

Not really, the only big hitters out are 2D Mario (NSMBU), 2D DK (DKCTF), fake 3D Mario (SM3DW), Mario Kart (MK8) and Smash (SSBU). There's still MK8 and SSBU support to come (probably for MK8, certain for SSBU) and maybe even MP10, real 3D Mario could happen (like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy), Zelda (Zelda U got delayed to 2016), a better 2D Mario (Mario Maker), Animal Crossing U is almost certain at this point, Paper Mario could happen.

Then comes the possible big hitters for the hardcore crowd (Star Fox U confirmed, Metroid could happen, new IPs exist, etc.)

I was going to write just this! the best is yet to come!!!!!
I'm still hoping for Super Mario Sunshine 2! xD or at least a remake of the first one, but with MORE Shine Sprites!!!!!!!

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

LzWinky

Too bad most of those won't sell that many compared to Mario Kart or Smash.

Quality wise we have a great year coming, but sales-wise Wii U won't see any major increase

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

theWAITisOVER

Another manutention was planned:

From Monday, June 15, 2015 3:00 PM

• Monday, June 15, 2015 5:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

Wii U

• Online Play, Rankings, etc.Nintendo 3DS
  • Online Play, Rankings, etc.

It's a little strange that they annunce some maintenance so early... we'll see!!!!

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Blast

LztheQuack wrote:

Too bad most of those won't sell that many compared to Mario Kart or Smash.

Quality wise we have a great year coming, but sales-wise Wii U won't see any major increase

Sad but true.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Eh? Online rankings only? That won't amount to much

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Azooooz

I'm not believing this. There has to be more than just online ranking. If they would do maintenance a day before E3, then there has to be some surprise.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

theWAITisOVER

From Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:00 PM

• Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:00 PM Pacific Time

Wii U

• Nintendo eShop

Nintendo 3DS

• Nintendo eShop

theWAITisOVER

They removed all the scheduled maintenances...

Kai_

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

OneBagTravel

Yeah on a whim I manually updated my console. Took a long time. No info on what it did. Currently 5.4.0 U. It requires 271MB.

Based on Nintendo of Japan:

Major changes due to an update to the 5.4.0J

Improvement of the stability and convenience of the system

• More comfortable as enjoy, we have to improve the stability and convenience of the system.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/wiiu/system_update/index.html

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo TVii is gone!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shy_Guy

Just updated it,don't see anything new. More stability,yay....

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Morpheel wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's still there on the Home menu. I wish I could remove it though... I can't even use it.

No, it's gone from the Home menu.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

yokokazuo

@Morpheel, I'm guessing it is just gone from Europe since it isn't usable at all in the region.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Eel

Oh well then, that explains it.

Since it's still there, taunting me, in my WiiU.

Edit: interestingly enough, I tried opening it just now and instead of the usual "this service is not available in your region" it showed me a regular connection error message.

Not sure if that's better or worse.

Edit: nope, the usual message came back now. Moving on...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WiiWareWave

An update just downloaded on my Wii U!? Nothing seems different.
The new version is 5.4.0.U.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

yokokazuo

I'm guessing the main reason for the update was removing Nintendo TVii from Europe, but I wonder if it could also be preparing for another update soon that will affect all regions. (Just random speculation though so I'm probably wrong)

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

WiiWareWave

No I think you're right seeing as this update was more than a single decimal point increase and yet did absolutely nothing outside of Europe.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.