Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 321 to 340 of 543

veeflames

I just thought of something that should come in an update; Off-TV Plus. We all know Off-TV Play is for those who have the TV occupied or any other instance where the TV is unavailable. How about when the Wii U is occupied? I can use the GamePad to watch Netflix, browse or even play another supported game such as a VC title or digital software while someone plays.. let's say Bayonetta or Smash U on the TV with another controller...
I haven't thought of the cons of this feature, but I just decided to write this down so that I don't forget.

EDIT: I'd also like the following in an update:

• A 'tab' menu
  • A faster OS.
  • More media features to show off Off TV Plus.
  • Themes.
    That would be a perfect OS for me...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

renaryuugufan92

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

I just thought of something that should come in an update; Off-TV Plus. We all know Off-TV Play is for those who have the TV occupied or any other instance where the TV is unavailable. How about when the Wii U is occupied? I can use the GamePad to watch Netflix, browse or even play another supported game such as a VC title or digital software while someone plays.. let's say Bayonetta or Smash U on the TV with another controller...
I haven't thought of the cons of this feature, but I just decided to write this down so that I don't forget.

• A 'tab' menu
  • A faster OS.
  • Themes.

With 1GB of RAM dedicated to the OS and the other to games i'm not too sure about the wii u being able to handle multible games at once, however the idea to run other apps that don't generally use up the systems RAM,memory and processors nearly as much would be benefitial, Crunchyroll on the gamepad while someone games would be a decent idea.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Smash_kirby

That would take up more processing power than I think the WiiU has. I may be wrong about that but streaming the video and 2 separate running apps/games would take a lot of power.

Smash_kirby

renaryuugufan92

Smash_kirby wrote:

That would take up more processing power than I think the WiiU has. I may be wrong about that but streaming the video and 2 separate running apps/games would take a lot of power.

Especially games.

So Nintendo needs to make the GameCube adaptor work with more Wii U games and the systems vWii, at least with the games that supported the control scheme to begin with (talking about the vWii side here) update 6.0.0 maybe?

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

veeflames

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

• A 'tab' menu
  • A faster OS.
  • Themes.

With 1GB of RAM dedicated to the OS and the other to games i'm not too sure about the wii u being able to handle multible games at once, however the idea to run other apps that don't generally use up the systems RAM,memory and processors nearly as much would be benefitial, Crunchyroll on the gamepad while someone games would be a decent idea.

Yeah, I put that in consideration, so I think only certain software could use it. Software like the multitask functions and a small media player? Or a VC title.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Saucerful

How about: Add Wii U Pro Controller support to Wii U's "Wii Mode" VC games.

Boom. VC drought solved. If they want, they can add them all (if they aren't already) to the naitive Wii U eShop later, with Miiverse, off-tv Gamepad play, etc.etc.

Saucerful

theWAITisOVER

if there's something special that i would like to see on the next update it would be 2nd gamepad support. i'll try to explain well. nintendo says that wii u can support a 2nd gamepad, so it would be amazing for example in mario kart 8 to play with a friend and he moves is own gamepad. i think it's a simple activation of the second gamepad by sending streaming of the second part of the screen in it. even with other nintendo games like nintendo land it would be amazing to have a 2nd gamepad.
and it's no necessary to sell other gamepad.
so..."have you got a friend with a wii u? or have you got a second wii u? well, you can use a 2nd gamepad to have more fun"
and i also think that people would buy a second wii u to have another gamepad

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Randomname19

Saucerful wrote:

How about: Add Wii U Pro Controller support to Wii U's "Wii Mode" VC games.

Boom. VC drought solved. If they want, they can add them all (if they aren't already) to the naitive Wii U eShop later, with Miiverse, off-tv Gamepad play, etc.etc.

^This
I also want an unified account system not tied to consoles,even more now that I bought a 2DS.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

theWAITisOVER

NEWS: YouTube app receives an update

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Dizzy_Boy

Now we know that Wii VC is a thing and that it quick boots Wii mode to play the, here's my idea for the next update.
I think that Wii mode should stay but Nintendo could add quick boot for certain things. Wii disks, SD card menu, and the Wii shop are what I was thinking they could add to the WiiU menu to be quick booted. The Wii shop would need a messwge at boot that games can be played in Wii mode or from the SD card menu which can be booted from either Wii or WiiU menu's.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Randomname19

dizzy_boy wrote:

Now we know that Wii VC is a thing and that it quick boots Wii mode to play the, here's my idea for the next update.
I think that Wii mode should stay but Nintendo could add quick boot for certain things. Wii disks, SD card menu, and the Wii shop are what I was thinking they could add to the WiiU menu to be quick booted. The Wii shop would need a messwge at boot that games can be played in Wii mode or from the SD card menu which can be booted from either Wii or WiiU menu's.

Wii U is mainly to play Wii U games,Wii mode is secondary stuff.If you want to play Wii games this badly use a Wii.Nintendo is already giving it too much importance with those Wii games on the eshop.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Dizzy_Boy

Randomname19 wrote:

dizzy_boy wrote:

Wii U is mainly to play Wii U games,Wii mode is secondary stuff.If you want to play Wii games this badly use a Wii.Nintendo is already giving it too much importance with those Wii games on the eshop.

Considering the amount of people that assumed Wii games were going to be playable from the WiiU menu at launch (and the amount of people who moan about launching Wii mode), clearly adding quick boot to some Wii menu apps would be welcomed to many people, not just myself.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

theWAITisOVER

NEWS: Nintendo eShop maintenance
From Monday, January 19, 2015 4:00 PM

• Monday, January 19, 2015 5:00 PM Pacific Time

goldkart150cc

I'd like the ability to (1) delete Daily Log data and (2) hide apps I don't use.

Edited on by goldkart150cc

goldkart150cc

theWAITisOVER

goldkart150cc wrote:

I'd like the ability to (1) delete Daily Log data and (2) hide apps I don't use.

but (1) maybe is related to parental controls (2) can't you use folders?

for n.1 maybe they should add the possibility to delete it with Parental Control PIN...

ChromXsome

Well

I'd rather stream the games to the gamepad... why should I use the 3DS?

Anime & Games Otaku
Fav. Anime Genre: Ecchi, Adventure, Gore, Horror, Fantasy/Action, Crime, Thriller (e.g Fairy Tail, Hunter X Hunter, Code Geass, Higurashi etc.)
Fav. Games Genre: Fantasy, RPG/MMO, Strategy (e.g Fire Emblem, The Last Story, Zelda etc)

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4485-1651 | Nintendo Network ID: uJheelyKing

Jmaster

MNN wildly speculating based on a single fact? What a surprise...

Still doesn't change the fact that resolution, aspect ratio and buttons still don't match, as I've explained before. We could, however, see a Four Swords Adventures type of idea with this, where the Wii U generates separate audio and video for each individual 3DS.

Jmaster

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.