Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 301 to 320 of 543

Grumblevolcano

theWAITisOVER wrote:

they should add a cloud service for creating backups of data files. I use an external memory and I don't wanna live with the fear of losing them.

Given what happened with Xbox Live and Playstation Network over the last few days (with the latter still in effect), I'd much prefer Nintendo to keep their "no large reliance on online services" approach. If Nintendo Network went down for whatever reason, you can still play Wii U and 3DS games you downloaded from the eshop unlike Xbox One and PS4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jmaster

theWAITisOVER wrote:

they should add a cloud service for creating backups of data files. I use an external memory and I don't wanna live with the fear of losing them.

Couldn't that be done with an SD card? Setting up large-scale cloud servers is expensive, wo we'd probalby have to pay for that. And as we've seen the past few months, paid online services attract DDoS attacks and are, well, not free. So I say we should be able to just use SD cards to back our saves up. They're cheap, reliable and fast enough for the task.

Jmaster

GuSolarFlare

theWAITisOVER wrote:

that'd make it too expensive for them, if that happened the online services wouldn't be for free anymore.
unless they made a pokém.... uhh, I mean game backup bank app for Wii U.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Elduderino7256

You should be able to use chat while playing a game. I had heard they were going to be working on this some time ago.

Elduderino7256

skywake

theWAITisOVER wrote:

they should add a cloud service for creating backups of data files.

This is the first thing you've said in this thread that I agree with. As for the people saying "no, that would force them to charge" etc etc. Steam has had this for ages and its free. It's also fantastic not having to worry about saves and also being able to continue the same game on a different machine. I mean lets be real here, how big is a typical save file? We're talking kilobytes, tiny amounts of data. Posting a screenshot on MiiVerse levels of data.

And it obviously wouldn't mean that the game save wasn't also local. It'd just mean that it'd synchronise the save periodically which would result in potentially all sorts of cool things. Imagine if your VC saves were synchronised across 3DS and Wii U? Or if the characters in the Wii U version of Animal Crossing could know the whole history of your 3DS town? Why not?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

theWAITisOVER

skywake wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

they should add a cloud service for creating backups of data files.

This is the first thing you've said in this thread that I agree with.

finally! what a pleasure!

skywake wrote:

It's also fantastic not having to worry about saves and also being able to continue the same game on a different machine. I mean lets be real here, how big is a typical save file? We're talking kilobytes, tiny amounts of data.
And it obviously wouldn't mean that the game save wasn't also local. It'd just mean that it'd synchronise the save periodically which would result in potentially all sorts of cool things. Why not?

totally agree

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

OneBagTravel

Elduderino7256 wrote:

You should be able to use chat while playing a game. I had heard they were going to be working on this some time ago.

or at least see a friends list of online people with a simple chat mechanic when you hit the home button.

I feel disconnecting friends to the modern console is a huge miss for Nintendo. They need a live menu with friends on the home screen

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

theWAITisOVER

Jmaster wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Couldn't that be done with an SD card? Setting up large-scale cloud servers is expensive, wo we'd probalby have to pay for that. And as we've seen the past few months, paid online services attract DDoS attacks and are, well, not free. So I say we should be able to just use SD cards to back our saves up. They're cheap, reliable and fast enough for the task.

yes, this could be another valid solution. and the solution that i prefer (for transfer data files to another console). but maybe nintendo wouldn't use sd card...i don't know ...they could do a proprietary formatting like usb memory.

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Moms-Meowth

Two things I would mainly like on the next update. Being able to save data on SD or Flash drive and use on Friends Wii U also a Theme selection would be a nice touch too

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Moms-Meowth

AOLCraig wrote:

Two things I would mainly like on the next update. Being able to save data on SD or Flash drive and use on Friends Wii U also a Theme selection would be a nice touch too

Ohh and a couple other things just come to mind. Message friends from outside Miiverse and the ability to ask your friends to join you in game. Not much to want really lol

"Quote Samwise7

jariw

There seems to be a system update arriving around 4th/5th of January.

jariw

Moms-Meowth

jariw wrote:

Sweet. Hopefully It will give us something that will be of some use. I'm going to give it a couple days after release before I download it.

"Quote Samwise7

theWAITisOVER

jariw wrote:

source?

jariw

theWAITisOVER wrote:

jariw wrote:

source?

The NeoGAF Wii U system status thread.

jariw

theWAITisOVER

jariw wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

jariw wrote:

source?

The NeoGAF Wii U system status thread.

i don't find this thread. could u please link it?
btw, i don't think that the new update will come so soon. but I hope to be wrong

Azooooz

Where does NeoGAF find this stuff?

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

theWAITisOVER

jariw wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

The OP and its maintainer in the NeoGAF thread just interpret the official info:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144950614&post...

"Extended maintenance (special maintenance, often happens before system updates if for the Wii U / 3DS)"

thank u for the link
i hope that next year they'll update not only the system software but also the games with new things.
for ex. it would be amazing to have a new dlc for mario kart 8 that gives us a REAL amiibo compability (by adding Battle mode for ex.)
or it would be amazing also to have a second gamepad compability. the gamepad is something amazing and epic!
it's time to push wii u engines!

theWAITisOVER

an ipotetic gamepad as pro controller function, with still imagine on screen (that indicate the modality is activated) how much would save battery life in terms of time? my gamepad is always charging -.-

theWAITisOVER

jariw wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

The OP and its maintainer in the NeoGAF thread just interpret the official info:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144950614&post...

"Extended maintenance (special maintenance, often happens before system updates if for the Wii U / 3DS)"

The extended maintenance has just begun...we'll see

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.