Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 181 to 200 of 543

SuperWiiU

McGruber wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

I'd like to see a mute button added to the tv remote. I can control my tv with it, but the sound buttons don't work. That made the lack of a mute button stick out even more.

Did you try to use another setting for your TV manufacturer? I know when I first set up the universal remote, the first option for my TV (Vizio) worked for certain things but not all. There were about 20 different options for the same manufacturer, and I quickly found one that worked for all of the functions.

I did try a few others, but those had even fewer working buttons . I might try again at some point but I'd still really like a mute button.

theWAITisOVER

WaLzgi wrote:

It's not a matter of "compatibility". It's a matter of losing all data when the hard drive can't be powered

what happen when the hard drive can't be powered?? do u lose all data?? is it true??

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Jmaster

theWAITisOVER wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

It's not a matter of "compatibility". It's a matter of losing all data when the hard drive can't be powered

what happen when the hard drive can't be powered?? do u lose all data?? is it true??

Well if a hard drive can't be powered on how are you going to access the data on it?

Jmaster

theWAITisOVER

Jmaster wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Well if a hard drive can't be powered on how are you going to access the data on it?

but the question is another...

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Azooooz

I was thinking about thing they should add to Wii U in the next update other than "more stability". One of them is to make the Gamecube controller compatible with Wii U Virtual Console (though most of the members here suggested that). Also, for Wara Wara Plaza, they should add a number counter of how many posts have been made for the featured title. Finally, and the most requested feature, is to upgrade the Friend List system, in a way which you can access to the friend list, and join the game without switching the app through swiping the right edge of the screen to the left, then a pane shows your friend list without interrupting your game session. And no, I didn't forget about improving friend notifications.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Jmaster

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

but the question is another...

What?

Jmaster

BakaKnight

theWAITisOVER wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Not sure it's what WaLzgi meant, but with my previous hard disk it happened twice; despite the Y-cable, it failed to powering up properly or rapidly enough and that caused a sort of "crash". The Wii U stopped to even recognize the hard disk and I had to use the pc for format it (which mean ALL datas got lost -.-; ).

Indeed, since I had such a "delightful" incident twice, the only real Update I want for the Wii U is a better freedom in the data management. Unless I missed its add in recent updates, last time I checked there was no user-friendly way for make a copy only of save files. The Wii U only allow to move everything related to a software togheter.
For example for make a backup of my digital copy of Wonderful 101 I had to copy the whole 10 GB of games+datas and then remove from the console's memory the game, leaving it only on hard disk. Pointless to say it's not comfy to have to copy 10 GB for make a copy of few kb XD
And it's not all, a back-up like that can't be just "restored", you can't connect a save file on the console memory to a game in the hard disk, the Wii U will only see two different packages of the game and will overwrite one if you try to copy or move the other. The only way for reconnect a back-up to a game is by downloading again the software on the disk where the save file is located, only then the two are merged ^^;

To be fair, techinically I shouldn't need such update anymore, I switched long ago to an hard Disk with its own power source, but after losing my datas twice I can't avoid to feel very worried whenever some datas are only on the external hard drive >_>;;;

Edited on by BakaKnight

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

theWAITisOVER

BakaKnight wrote:

To be fair, techinically I shouldn't need such update anymore, I switched long ago to an hard Disk with its own power source, but after losing my datas twice I can't avoid to feel very worried whenever some datas are only on the external hard drive >_>;;;

thank you so much for sharing your experience!
what happen if u forget to switch on the external hard drive?

theWAITisOVER

NEWS: Nintendo put out a new update for Miiverse earlier today. It brings about the promised functionality of allowing visitors to view profiles without having to sign in on PC/smartphone, and the list of connections on the User Page now shows each user’s favorite post.

BakaKnight

theWAITisOVER wrote:

BakaKnight wrote:

thank you so much for sharing your experience!
what happen if u forget to switch on the external hard drive?

Not powering up the hard disk just not allow to access the datas as I think someone already mentioned before. There is no damage, but it's important to remember to switch it on BEFORE the Wii U is fully started, else it will litterally complain and force you to restart the console for use the hard disk XD

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

theWAITisOVER

i've another question: can i use the same hard drive for wii u and for wii?

cookiex

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Wii has no support for USB hard drives.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

theWAITisOVER

cookiex wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Wii has no support for USB hard drives.

I thought it was possible...but for wii there are SD cards for expand internal memory, right? they could allow to use sd cards also for wii u. for ex for those people that want to download only DLC, and don't need an external memory of 1 or 2 tera

theWAITisOVER

I experienced another unsuccessful system update...maybe a new update will be available on December?

ogo79

theWAITisOVER wrote:

I experienced another unsuccessful system update...maybe a new update will be available on December?

dude, what are you talking about?
the newest update is 5.3
are you just sitting around trying to update yer wii u all day long or what?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

theWAITisOVER

ogo79 wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

dude, what are you talking about?
the newest update is 5.3
are you just sitting around trying to update yer wii u all day long or what?

lol ahaha no i'm not so crazy xD...but when i turned on the wii u i saw an X on the download manager, then i click and saw the system update error

theWAITisOVER

nintendo network is under maintenance right now

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.