Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 161 to 180 of 543

theWAITisOVER

The main purpose of this thread is ''to speak about the features that we would like to have on the next system update'' as you can see on the first thread. If you don't want do that you can go to other threads that you like instead of here.

then i would say that i LOVE nintendo I don't have any link with nintendo (unfortunately). With Wii U i feel the same special magic that i felt with nintendo 64 and with nintendo gamecube. so i wanna have the best experince that you can have (and i know that nintendo wants too) starting from operating system. Plus nintendo's games are so special. They stay on your heart!

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

theWAITisOVER

Iggly wrote:

I was hoping this update would let you use the Wii Remote and Pro Controller in the System Settings. Oh well, maybe someday.

nintendo wants to give us the imagine of unity between gamepad and console, so i don't think that this can become reality but who knows

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

skywake

Smash_kirby wrote:

get the feeling Nintendo has members here who put out feeler threads. They probably watch them to see how people react to them.

In this case I highly doubt it

theWAITisOVER wrote:

The main purpose of this thread is ''to speak about the features that we would like to have on the next system update'' as you can see on the first thread. If you don't want do that you can go to other threads that you like instead of here.

It may have started like that but it quickly turned into a bunch of people saying there MUST be an update because of features in Smash. Now you're jumping around acting as if this update is somehow proof you were right about that. You weren't right, they didn't need this update for Smash.

They're usually very, very specific about what features have been added. All this update adds is "stability" (aka stop the pirates) and Amiibo in the system settings. Nothing about supporting the GC adapter, 7 controllers or the "pre-download" feature. Not even anything about actually allowing NFC figures to work in games. Because none of those things needed another firmware update to work.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

LzWinky

I think the pre-download may need a small update to the OS to automatically perform a download

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

WaLzgi wrote:

I think the pre-download may need a small update to the OS to automatically perform a download

It should already possible from previous firmware updates.....

3.0: Addition of Standby Functions Feature
This feature enables data for purchased software, system updates and software updates to be downloaded and installed automatically even after the console has been turned off.

4.0: Feature for automatic software downloads
The Wii U console will now be able to automatically receive recommended software and demos from Nintendo via SpotPass, in the background. The feature can be deactivated under Internet in System Settings.

From memory they've already pushed the Wii Fit Demo version and Wii Sports Club out in this way. No reason why it can't, with a small change in the eShop webpage, be possible to pay for content and have it delivered in the same way once it's available.

Edited on by skywake

theWAITisOVER

NEWS 1: amiibo figures will only be able to hold information for one game at a time
“Amiibo can only store data for one read/write compatible game at a time. If you wish to use the data from other read/write compatible software, please erase the data in the ‘Amiibo settings’ section of the Wii U settings menu.” However, Nintendo also states that an Amiibo with data already stored on it can still be used for read-only games, such as those in which it unlocks secret items.
(For example. a Captain Falcon Amiibo with Smash Bros data stored on it can still be used to unlock a Captain Falcon suit in Mario Kart 8, since it does not require data to be stored on the figure.)

NEWS 2: Nintendo is working on a new update for Miiverse that will be released later this month.
profile pages will be viewable on the web version of Miiverse without the need to log in with a Nintendo Network ID. Registered users will be able to adjust the settings of who can/can’t view their profile. If set to “everyone”, anyone visiting Miiverse will be able to see your profile page – even if they aren’t logged in. A specific date for the new Miiverse update was not shared. However, it will arrive in mid-November.

P.S. this is a video that shows how 5.3.0 amiibo update works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfQ_Yz-vsrY

LzWinky

skywake wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

It should already possible from previous firmware updates.....

3.0: Addition of Standby Functions Feature
This feature enables data for purchased software, system updates and software updates to be downloaded and installed automatically even after the console has been turned off.

4.0: Feature for automatic software downloads
The Wii U console will now be able to automatically receive recommended software and demos from Nintendo via SpotPass, in the background. The feature can be deactivated under Internet in System Settings.

From memory they've already pushed the Wii Fit Demo version and Wii Sports Club out in this way. No reason why it can't, with a small change in the eShop webpage, be possible to pay for content and have it delivered in the same way once it's available.

Fine. How about this: Update 6.0.0 will make the Wii U so stable that the world will spin on its head. Too much stability, you ask? NONSENSE! You can never have enough stability

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

WaLzgi wrote:

Fine. How about this: Update 6.0.0 will make the Wii U so stable that the world will spin on its head. Too much stability, you ask? NONSENSE! You can never have enough stability

Well given every update seems to have that even when it's the only change then yeah, almost certainty. Also, just to make a point:
Version 1.0: Launch version
Version 2.0: eShop, NNID, Miiverse, WiiMode, Browser, USB storage etc, etc
Version 3.0: Fixed loading issues, standby updates, Wii menu quick load, support for second USB drive
Version 4.0: WiiMode on gamepad, software can be pushed to the console
Version 5.0: Quick Start menu, notifications in standby, automatic installation of updates in standby

So when they do version 6.0 I reckon it'll come with a fairly significant improvement.

Yoshi

Another feature I really, really like is that they moved the user select on the Quick Start menu. It's now on the bottom left, and you select your user before you choose the game, and the user always defaults to me, so all I have to do is choose a game.

It's very minor, but it gets me into a game one second quicker!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

theWAITisOVER

brewsky wrote:

Another feature I really, really like is that they moved the user select on the Quick Start menu. It's now on the bottom left, and you select your user before you choose the game, and the user always defaults to me, so all I have to do is choose a game.

It's very minor, but it gets me into a game one second quicker!

yes...and i've noticed that in the user menù there's an option for allow nintendo gather all the user information (games, settings, etc)... is it new?

LzWinky

Nope, that's been around since version 1.0. It's in the agreement too

theWAITisOVER

It seems that super smash bros will support SD card

about amiibo: i think that an amiibo backup function is needed

Azooooz

I hope they add reset software option for Wii U HOME screen in the next system update. It's a minor, but useful option.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

theWAITisOVER

Azooooz wrote:

I hope they add reset software option for Wii U HOME screen in the next system update. It's a minor, but useful option.

maybe they could add a reset button on "tv remote"

i think that they should also increase the Hard Disk compability... plus most of those listed on nintendo website are no longer available

LzWinky

It's not a matter of "compatibility". It's a matter of losing all data when the hard drive can't be powered

theWAITisOVER

WaLzgi wrote:

It's a matter of losing all data when the hard drive can't be powered

in what sense??

gaming_24_7 wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

maybe they could add a reset button on "tv remote"

Why should they do that?

because every console has a reset function...and wii u hasn't. for ex when you download a system update the reboot is needed
however is a minor thing...maybe it would be more useful add a reset software option in wii u HOME menù
also because if people press reset during a system update...bye bye wii u xD

SuperWiiU

I'd like to see a mute button added to the tv remote. I can control my tv with it, but the sound buttons don't work. That made the lack of a mute button stick out even more.

McGruber

SuperWiiU wrote:

I'd like to see a mute button added to the tv remote. I can control my tv with it, but the sound buttons don't work. That made the lack of a mute button stick out even more.

Did you try to use another setting for your TV manufacturer? I know when I first set up the universal remote, the first option for my TV (Vizio) worked for certain things but not all. There were about 20 different options for the same manufacturer, and I quickly found one that worked for all of the functions.

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.