Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 141 to 160 of 543

Yoshi

You can use up to seven Wii Remotes, among other wireless options. It says on Nintendo's website.

And it won't require a system update, except for the OS that is put onto the disc. Otherwise, people without an Internet connection (and there are some) won't be able to take advantage of all the features.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

theWAITisOVER

Grumblevolcano wrote:

We know for a fact that a system update is coming before 21st November as preordering and preloading from the Wii U eshop is confirmed for Smash. Whether it'll happen tomorrow, we'll see tomorrow

the problem is that there's another monday before super smash bros. xD
btw, they usually release system updates on monday (late in the day) in america and on tuesday in europe, right? so 11 november for europe!

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

skywake

jariw wrote:

skywake wrote:

The footage on youtube? Well it seems pretty clear that they actually took some people to Nintendo itself to look at the final build of the game with Amiibo.

The 8-player matches that appeared on YouTube 1-2 weeks ago was from Nintendo's own events. The explosion of clips that have appeared during the past 24 hours are from review copies, since reviewers got SSB U about 2 days ago.

Fair call, I didn't notice that. I still don't think it's proof that a major firmware revision is on its way though. There's nothing anyone has pointed out here that would necessarily require a firmware update. It may get one but I don't think the possibility of it is worth its own thread....

Grumblevolcano wrote:

We know for a fact that a system update is coming before 21st November as preordering and preloading from the Wii U eshop is confirmed for Smash. Whether it'll happen tomorrow, we'll see tomorrow

I don't see any reason why this is proof of a firmware update. There has already been an update that allows the eShop to push new software to your Wii U. Plus the eShop itself, like MiiVerse, is basically just a webpage. Besides, they already have this functionality and it has already been used for the Mario Kart DLC.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

theWAITisOVER

ok but how can wii u support 7 wii remote plus without any system update??

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

skywake

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Why shouldn't it be able to? It only needs to work in Smash Bros, the console already allows you to pair more than four devices. You can pair a balance board within Wii Fit for example but when you try to pair it in the Wii Menu? It doesn't work. No reason why Smash can't be the same.

Edited on by skywake

LzWinky

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Well, unless the reviewers updated their console, I don't think there will be one

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WiiWareWave

WaLzgi wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Well, unless the reviewers updated their console, I don't think there will be one

Uh...pre-loading which is confirmed for release before Super Smash Bros. For Wii U's release would like to say hi!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Yoshi

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Again, the firmware is already there, it's just that no game has taken advantage of it up to this point.

The only system version required to play is the one that's included with the disc, and it's usually a system update behind the current one.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

WiiWareWave

brewsky wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Again, the firmware is already there, it's just that no game has taken advantage of it up to this point.

The only system version required to play is the one that's included with the disc, and it's usually a system update behind the current one.

What about pre-loading games when you turn on the Wii U? That's clearly something that is missing from the current firmware.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Yoshi

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

What about pre-loading games when you turn on the Wii U? That's clearly something that is missing from the current firmware.

Pre-loading? What are you talking about? Are you confusing it with predownloading, where people can preorder Smash and download most of the game in advance, and then download a little file to make the game playable when the game releases?

Now playing:

WiiWareWave

No it's also confirmed that you can allow the last game launched to automatically start once you turn on the system. It was confirmed to be releasing alongside the pre-download feature before Smash's Wii U release.

DefHalan

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

No it's also confirmed that you can allow the last game launched to automatically start once you turn on the system. It was confirmed to be releasing alongside the pre-download feature before Smash's Wii U release.

They already have a quick launch system in place. I think you are getting confused

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Uhhh....you must be confused. There has been nothing on this. A source would be very helpful.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

LzWinky

Update 5.3 released today

Adds amiibo support to the OS

And of course the stable of ility

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

My Wii U's updating!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

xAlias

My Wii U just finished updating to 5.3.0. Only thing added is an Amiibo menu in the settings. I messed around with it a bit, but you can't do anything without actually owning one.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

theWAITisOVER

Version 5.3.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

Changes to System Settings:

amiibo Settings has been added to System Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_...

enjoy

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Iggly

I was hoping this update would let you use the Wii Remote and Pro Controller in the System Settings. Oh well, maybe someday. Hopefully in the upcoming months since it'll be a while before I fix my Gamepad. Pretty glad the eShop directs you to the update screen since I'd have to borrow my friend's Gamepad every time there was an update if it didn't.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

skywake

Oh wow, a minor revision that adds amiibo support to the system menu. This thread was right on the money................
/sarcasm

Smash_kirby

skywake wrote:

Oh wow, a minor revision that adds amiibo support to the system menu. This thread was right on the money................
/sarcasm

get the feeling Nintendo has members here who put out feeler threads. They probably watch them to see how people react to them.

Smash_kirby

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.