Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 121 to 140 of 543

jariw

theWAITisOVER wrote:

so... this girl got the game in advance https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one/status/530433533970771969 ...then she wrote that she can't play the game till MONDAY https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one/status/530463430936117251 ...all the latest updates came out on MONDAY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_system_software ...so i think that this monday we'll have the next system update do u agree??

The poster couldn't play it because she's not at home, which she said in a comment to the first tweet. Furthermore, the games always have the OS updated required to play the game on-disc.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

theWAITisOVER

jariw wrote:

Furthermore, the games always have the OS updated required to play the game on-disc.

i knew it for the wii. are u sure that this is valid for wii u too?
btw, i think and i hope that MONDAY we'll see the new update
at what time usually an update coming out?

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

unrandomsam

Dipper723 wrote:

For the last time, the Wii U cannot read GameCube discs, because the discs are too small, and they would need to have built in a disc drive specifically for that. Also, you need a GameCube memory card to save GCN games.

Those adaptors work. (BIg dvd to small dvd) on the Wii that has no Gamecube ports and they could emulate the memory card.

The issue is not that they couldn't but that they don't want to.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

theWAITisOVER

on youtube you can see people that unbox super smash bros for wii u! i think that they're review copies!
so is the wii u capable to support amiibo without any system update?? or the cd comprises that??

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Ryu_Niiyama

Shy_Guy wrote:

I want Wii U themes

I'm sure they are on the way but i think they need to figure out how to skin WaraWara Plaza first.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jariw

theWAITisOVER wrote:

on youtube you can see people that unbox super smash bros for wii u! i think that they're review copies!
so is the wii u capeble to support amiibo without any system update?? or the cd comprises that??

Why would the Wii U NFC reader need an update? I has been used in games before MK8/Smash U.

jariw

theWAITisOVER

jariw wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

so is the wii u capeble to support amiibo without any system update?? or the cd comprises that??

Why would the Wii U NFC reader need an update? I has been used in games before MK8/Smash U.

i didn't know it...and for 8 players, is wii u capable of support 8 player without any system update? (i don't speak about cpu mode, but 8 controllers support)

P.S. i would like to be one of this people that receive all the smash materials in advance!!!!! PPPPPPP

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Grumblevolcano

theWAITisOVER wrote:

jariw wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

i didn't know it...and for 8 players, is wii u capable of support 8 player without any system update? (i don't speak about cpu mode, but 8 controllers support)

P.S. i would like to be one of this people that receive all the smash materials in advance!!!!! PPPPPPP

Possibly if all 8 are using the GCN controller though definitely not for 8 wireless controllers that aren't GCN controllers.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Possibly if all 8 are using the GCN controller though definitely not for 8 wireless controllers.

How are you so sure the current system version doesn't already support the Smash controller setups?

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

Possibly if all 8 are using the GCN controller though definitely not for 8 wireless controllers.

How are you so sure the current system version doesn't already support the Smash controller setups?

If 8 non-Gamepad wireless controllers were already supported for use at the same time then there would be more than 4 battery icons in the change order part of "Wii Remote/Other Controller Settings".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

theWAITisOVER

Grumblevolcano wrote:

jariw wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

If 8 non-Gamepad wireless controllers were already supported for use at the same time then there would be more than 4 battery icons in the change order part of "Wii Remote/Other Controller Settings".

yes, it's what i thought. so the question is if the reviewers currently can or can't connect 7 wireless controllers simultaneously
(they're other people that ask the same question on the web but without answer...why??)

tysonfury

It'll probably be to support the 'pre-download' function Iwata mentioned in the recent shareholders meeting

tysonfury

jariw

theWAITisOVER wrote:

yes, it's what i thought. so the question is if the reviewers currently can or can't connect 7 wireless controllers simultaneously

The discs are pressed. As I said earlier, the OS required is already included on the disc. So a reviewer with the disc version would.

And if you look at the number of 8-player Smash clips on YouTube that have appeared just during the last 24 hours, I don't understand why this would even be a question.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

The discs are pressed. As I said earlier, the OS required is already included on the disc. So a reviewer with the disc version would.

And if you look at the number of 8-player Smash clips on YouTube that have appeared just during the last 24 hours, I don't understand why this would even be a question.

The youtube videos are not proof, most of them feature 6-7 CPUs and those that have less CPUs have most of the real players using GC controllers.

Grumblevolcano

theWAITisOVER

jariw wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

As I said earlier, the OS required is already included on the disc.

so is there or isn't there a system update on-disc? and what version is it? 6.0.0??

skywake

I don't even know why you guys are arguing. I'm sure there'll be a system update at some point and I'm sure that whatever games come after that will have the firmware on the disk. That's always been a thing. As for Smash Bros, well I doubt they need a firmware update for its features but if they do they'll put it out. The footage on youtube? Well it seems pretty clear that they actually took some people to Nintendo itself to look at the final build of the game with Amiibo. They didn't have eight wireless controllers purely because from that photos of that "event" it's clear that they had 8 GC controllers setup.

And anyway, we just had a pretty big firmware update not that long ago that added folders. Not to mention the fact that they've added pretty much everything that we would have expected to see in updates. There's little that's actually "wrong" with how the Wii U system software runs. So calm down.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

LzWinky

theWAITisOVER wrote:

so... this girl got the game in advance https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one/status/530433533970771969 ...then she wrote that she can't play the game till MONDAY https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one/status/530463430936117251 ...all the latest updates came out on MONDAY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_system_software ...so i think that this monday we'll have the next system update do u agree??

Your proof is lacking a lot of facts, considering, well, none of this is definitive at all.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

We know for a fact that a system update is coming before 21st November as preordering and preloading from the Wii U eshop is confirmed for Smash. Whether it'll happen tomorrow, we'll see tomorrow

Grumblevolcano

jariw

skywake wrote:

The footage on youtube? Well it seems pretty clear that they actually took some people to Nintendo itself to look at the final build of the game with Amiibo.

The 8-player matches that appeared on YouTube 1-2 weeks ago was from Nintendo's own events. The explosion of clips that have appeared during the past 24 hours are from review copies, since reviewers got SSB U about 2 days ago.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.