Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 101 to 120 of 543

theWAITisOVER

News: NFC reader wii be enable not only for amiibo
“Q1 is about amiibo. They basically talk about the different projects they’re planning for next year and the advantage of allowing them to be used in multiple games as well as the speediness of their read/write speeds. They mention non-figure based ‘amiibo’ are being planned, saying that they are developing cards as part of the ‘amiibo’ project. They reference the e-Reader cards from the GBA era when saying this. They also talk about smaller, cheaper figures than the Smash figurines and talk about the possibility of using such figures in something like Animal Crossing. Miyamoto is apparently pushing teams to come up with non-standard uses of the NFC reader in the U, the results of which they hope to be able to show off next year. Also talks about using amiibo to extend the life of already released titles, like Mario Kart”

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

RedDevilAde

Get rid of the TVii icon on European systems, it's never coming let's get rid of it.
Improve the Wii mode functionality so that the gamepad (or a pro controller) can act as a classic controller with the Wii remote part not pointing at the sensor.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

theWAITisOVER

RedDevilAde wrote:

Get rid of the TVii icon on European systems, it's never coming let's get rid of it.
Improve the Wii mode functionality so that the gamepad (or a pro controller) can act as a classic controller with the Wii remote part not pointing at the sensor.

maybe next year TVii will start also for Europe

btw, nintendo network is in maintenance right now
"Periodically Nintendo takes the Nintendo Network offline in order to perform routine maintenance. Today the network will be offline from 12:00pm PST to 5:00pm PST for a total of five hours. During this time, you’ll be unable to access the Nintendo eShop on either the Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS. The Wii Shopping Channel will be offline and unavailable as well."

a new firmware update (with pre-loading for Wii U games, amiibo compatibility, etc)?? or mario kart DLC??
Looking forward to some surprises fingers crossed!

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Atariboy

Mario Kart 8's DLC isn't due until late this month.

Atariboy

theWAITisOVER

NEWS: the maintenace will finish at 6:00 PM Pacific Time for a total of six hours

WiiWareWave

Awesome it's a new system update! A Wii U system update tried to install on my Wii U, but failed due to the server maintenance.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

GoneFishin wrote:

Mario Kart 8's DLC isn't due until late this month.

That's what it says, but it's always possible that Ninty finished the DLC early and might decide to release it early?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

theWAITisOVER

or the support for 8 wii remote plus and gamecube adaptor compability...i'm so exicited!! )

lol and if this is only a simple network maintenance ?!?!? i hope noooooooooooooot

WiiWareWave

theWAITisOVER wrote:

or the support for 8 wii remote plus and gamecube adaptor compability...i'm so exicited!! )

lol and if this is only a simple network maintenance ?!?!? i hope noooooooooooooot

Like I said a system update tried to install on my Wii U when I put it into standby mode while eating dinner so there's definitely an update incoming, but what that update will add "if anything" remains to be seen, however we should find out very soon as the maintenance is almost over.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

WiiWareWave

How strange there doesn't appear to be a system update...perhaps my Wii U experienced a glitch?

theWAITisOVER

only a network maintenance
or maybe they upload the system update and next days they'll allow the download... I don't know

theWAITisOVER

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

How strange there doesn't appear to be a system update...perhaps my Wii U experienced a glitch?

i think that maybe this happened because server was closed
btw, tomorrow there'll be a new nintendo direct. maybe they'll annunce the next update

EDIT: 1st tread updated with all the info that we know

crimsoncavalier

Akazury wrote:

You do know that it is possible to turn off the gamepad screen right?

That doesn't turn off the gamepad. It leaves it on, just the display is off. It still drains the battery, and in the event you're in the middle of a game, sometimes it says "Can't communicate with gamepad."

The gamepad needs to go. Far away. Unless the game calls for it. Otherwise, it needs to stay off forever.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

ReBirFh

I'd like to be able to use the gamepad as an configurable universal remote capable of controlling more than just the tv with custom buttons and maybe macro.

ReBirFh

DefHalan

I wonder if at the end of today's direct is when we can start Pre-downloading Smash bros... and maybe have a demo to go with it

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

blaisedinsd

How about simply the ability to transfer saved game data between consoles.

This is my number one gripe about the console. Owning multiple systems sucks when you can't do this.

SW-7087-5868-6390

theWAITisOVER

NintyMan wrote:

There's speculation that there might be a new Wii U update coming. Some Wii U owners might be seeing evidence of a new firmware update in "Download Management", but it can't be downloaded.

I also experienced the unsuccessful system update in the past...that happens when your connection doesn't work properly

theWAITisOVER

MONDAY is your friend

theWAITisOVER

so... this girl got the game in advance https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one/status/530433533970771969 ...then she wrote that she can't play the game till MONDAY https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one/status/530463430936117251 ...all the latest updates came out on MONDAY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_system_software ...so i think that this monday we'll have the next system update do u agree??

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.