Wii U Forum

Topic: New Wii U gamepad battery

Showing 1 to 20 of 20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

One-Winged-Pit

1. Posted:

A few weeks ago I heard that Nintendo was putting in a better battery for the Wii U gamepad but cannot seem to find it. Will this be happening? If so, will it for the Wind Waker bundle release?

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norik

2. Posted:

I would hope so.

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Megajack

3. Posted:

I hope so. The gamepad battery wouldn't be a problem for me if the gamepad didn't have to stay on for EVERY SINGLE GAME. I never have used the gamepad to play a game on the Wii U yet. (I have tried using it, but I use my Pro Controller and Wiimote for everything.) It's annoying to have to have the gamepad on while not using it... Yes, you can turn off the display, but it is still on.

Sorry for my rant. (But if there is a way of having it off while having the Wii U on, please do tell me :))

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

4. Posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/32gb_white_wii_u_rec...

I'm sure they'll bring this stuff over here. I don't see why they wouldn't. It's already basically confirmed that the Wii remote batteries will be released outside of Japan, so I don't see why they wouldn't for the GamePad.

EDIT: BTW, I rarely run out of battery. When ever I'm not using it, I just place it on the charge stand real quick, even if my Wii U is left on. 10-20 minutes here and there keeps it up, but the better battery would be nice. I would never run out.
I can't see anyone playing for more than 7 hours without thinking about charging it for next time.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Yellowgerbil

5. Posted:

I am really looking forward to this arriving here as it would be useful to me, I forget to charge it between gaming sessions so it would be a great relief if it comes over here!

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

6. Posted:

Yeah, honestly the battery isn't that much of an issue for me either, I just leave it on the stand. (Unless if its Pikmin 3 or Rayman Legends at the moment) And if it does get low the charging cord is like...right there. xD
Anyways if they do sell this battery, will it work with the current GamePad? >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

7. Posted:

Yukari_Sendo wrote:

Yeah, honestly the battery isn't that much of an issue for me either, I just leave it on the stand. (Unless if its Pikmin 3 or Rayman Legends at the moment) And if it does get low the charging cord is like...right there. xD
Anyways if they do sell this battery, will it work with the current GamePad? >.>

Ya, it's just a battery. It would be like putting Energizer MAX AAs into your AA device instead of regular Energizer batteries.

The battery is the only thing that's different.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Megajack

8. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Yukari_Sendo wrote:

Yeah, honestly the battery isn't that much of an issue for me either, I just leave it on the stand. (Unless if its Pikmin 3 or Rayman Legends at the moment) And if it does get low the charging cord is like...right there. xD
Anyways if they do sell this battery, will it work with the current GamePad? >.>

Ya, it's just a battery. It would be like putting Energizer MAX AAs into your AA device instead of regular Energizer batteries.

The battery is the only thing that's different.

Good. I was worrying about that.

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

9. Posted:

mega wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Yukari_Sendo wrote:

Yeah, honestly the battery isn't that much of an issue for me either, I just leave it on the stand. (Unless if its Pikmin 3 or Rayman Legends at the moment) And if it does get low the charging cord is like...right there. xD
Anyways if they do sell this battery, will it work with the current GamePad? >.>

Ya, it's just a battery. It would be like putting Energizer MAX AAs into your AA device instead of regular Energizer batteries.

The battery is the only thing that's different.

Good. I was worrying about that.

Yeah, kinda figured it would be a different size or something.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HisSvt2

10. Posted:

I bought the nyko internal battery then they had to recall them. They sent me the external pak while they revised the internal pak.

They just sent me the new internal pak and with that and the external pak my gamepad ran for over 12 hours and wasn't dead.

HisSvt2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

One-Winged-Pit

11. Posted:

So nobody knows if the bundle will have it? sigh Not sure what to do. Sure I want the bundle for that awesome gamepad and I do not have a Wii U yet and the price will not drop again for a while BUT honestly I am very disappointed because I wanted to get the Wind Waker HD with the Ganondorf figurine yesterday but no more are left which was my plan. I like the physical game so I was going to sell the codes on eBay to not waste the digital game and Hyrule Historia so my incentive really dropped.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Megajack

12. Posted:

@One-Winged-Pit My guess is it will have it. But I don't think it has been officially confirmed about bundles having it.

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

One-Winged-Pit

13. Posted:

A confirmation would help though. If it does not come with the console for another few months why not wait, right?

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Megajack

14. Posted:

@One-Winged-Pit Well for me, I wouldn't be able to wait because Wind Waker HD, but to each his own. :) Either way, I'm sure it will mention it on the bundle package if it does have it.

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

One-Winged-Pit

15. Posted:

Not getting Ganondorf though suuuuuuucks. >.< I know, dumb reason but I was really counting on it because there is not really any priority.

Edited on by One-Winged-Pit

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

16. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

So nobody knows if the bundle will have it? sigh Not sure what to do. Sure I want the bundle for that awesome gamepad and I do not have a Wii U yet and the price will not drop again for a while BUT honestly I am very disappointed because I wanted to get the Wind Waker HD with the Ganondorf figurine yesterday but no more are left which was my plan. I like the physical game so I was going to sell the codes on eBay to not waste the digital game and Hyrule Historia so my incentive really dropped.

Code? What code?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

One-Winged-Pit

17. Posted:

You get a digital code for Wind Waker and Hyrule Historia I am pretty sure. I do not think it is put on the console when you get it.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

18. Posted:

The Wind Waker HD bundle is a good deal, especially with the Zelda book. I didn't know it came with that...
Anyway, the battery COULD be included, but there's no saying for sure. The game looks to be a code that will come in a similar fashion as the ZombiU bundle did for Nintendo Land.

EDIT: Oh, I thought the Zelda book was actually a book. It's just digital. Still nice, though.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

19. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

You get a digital code for Wind Waker and Hyrule Historia I am pretty sure. I do not think it is put on the console when you get it.

Actually previous bundles had the game preinstalled rather than included as a code. I think this one is preinstalled.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

One-Winged-Pit

20. Posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/nintendo_confirms_li...
It says that the statement from Nintendo is that they are codes.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154