Forums

Topic: Rumour: Paper Mario Wii U game leaked

Posts 141 to 152 of 152

veeflames

@MegaMari0: Yeah, it's not like I'm defending Sticker Star (like I said, it was an experiment that didn't work out well and Intelligent Systems shouldn't bother trying to fix the errors and just return to the traditional mechanics of Paper Mario), but I really think there is a lot more hate that it needs to get, especially when the hate gets transferred to other titles.
Let me just get this out there: I think most 3DS iterations of Nintendo's games have been inferior compared to other iterations, except from Smash Bros. and maybe Awakening (on the top of my head).

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MegaMari0

@Vee_Flames:I agree with you. A lot of hate. That's what happens though when gamers expect a game in a particular series to continue where the last one left off. If ALL games were like that, we'd all be playing COD 25 and Madden 38(or fifa 36) with slightly updated rosters and not much tweaked to the game engines. Better to experiment and have a swing and a miss than to never step out of your comfort zones.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

kkslider5552000

My main issue with the experimenting is that, particularly at the time, it was incredibly weird and dumb. Like look at the Mario games released around that time, and compare them to Sticker Star. It's just dumb that less content-filled Mario Kart and very samey NSMB games were justifiable, yet they felt the need to innovate Paper Mario despite the fact that they already did last time and that there are only TWO classic style Paper Marios. The most recent of which came out 8 years prior.

Also, while I don't demand great storytelling in Mario games, when the previous two games did shockingly well, it is annoying that this one didn't even try.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoFan64

@MegaMari0 @VeeFlames I'm all for some experimentation and trying something new, but the result still wasn't really all that great, plus it feels like they were trying to fix something that wasn't even broken. Still, can't blame them for trying something new, though a return to form would be appreciated.
@kkslider5552000 To be fair, they THOUGHT they were making people happy when ditching the story. Apparently not even 1% of people liked Super's story in the Club Nintendo surveys...however, I don't think listening to those surveys was a very good idea. Chances are that most people weren't even taking them seriously and just doing them for points, plus there's the fact that the survey ever specifically asked what you thought about the story; it just asked for three things you liked from the game, meaning that it would've been a better idea to specifically ask if you thought the story was interesting, because otherwise it could lead to innaccurate results. Also, even if the survey had accurate results, what if people just didn't like that one particular story? Just because people didn't like one story doesn't mean they don't like stories altogether. Long story short, taking that survey as serious feedback was a bad idea.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

iKhan

What would you guys think if this game was still action based like Super Paper Mario, but it had a deeper battle system. For example, the Hammer could stun enemies in addition to hurting them, allowing you to more easily combo enemies. Mario could have another weapon/partner/pixl that knocks enemies back.

Even better, you could assign an AI to partners so they could actually fight.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoFan64: I agree about Club Nintendo surveys not being accurate, I mean even I pushed the truth in a few cases to get extra stars (said I had played Bayonetta 1 and 2 for a few hours rather than none but based my scores and feedback on the demo as I hadn't played the full games back then due to Hyrule Warriors being so addictive). If I remember correctly, I gave 2 70/100 and 1 65/100.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Wittgenstein

I only have one thing to say about this game, if it's real......

Please, oh please, have original characters. And a story at least on par with TTYD. They can continue to "innovate" the gameplay as far as I care, but don't screw with the story. The gameplay of all 4 games was solid in my own opinion so I don't really care all that much what style they go for. But Sticker Star was awful because of its lack of OCs and story.

Here, have a video I made on the subject:

Edited on by Wittgenstein

I lead the way through the great unknown! Never knowing what I'll find...
I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.
-Wittgenstein, The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue

Better known as Fawfulthegreat64. She/They

NintendoFan64

@Wittgenstein You might wanna change that F-bomb you have there...the mods might not like it. Anyways, yeah, I don't care if the gameplay isn't like the first two (though it would be nice), just please, PLEASE don't take away our characters and stories! Or our unique environments, for that matter!

Wittgenstein

Oh sorry. Most forums I go on don't care, so it's kind of a habit. Edited.

Yeah SPM is actually my fav, even though the gameplay is different, the story is AMAZING and I loved the villains. TTYD is also great for its darker tone than the original (which was already a good game)

I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.

LzWinky

MegaMari0 wrote:

@Vee_Flames:I agree with you. A lot of hate. That's what happens though when gamers expect a game in a particular series to continue where the last one left off. If ALL games were like that, we'd all be playing COD 25 and Madden 38(or fifa 36) with slightly updated rosters and not much tweaked to the game engines. Better to experiment and have a swing and a miss than to never step out of your comfort zones.

The problem is that this was another experiment after an experiment that was lackluster. They decided to push this game against almost everything that was good in the first two Paper Mario games.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

@Wittgenstein Really, the only thing about Super that I didn't like was the flipping mechanic (it just sort of felt weird with the game's control scheme). Other than that, it was great.

Wittgenstein

^Agreed to the fullest! If they made a new Mario platformer with a story like SPM's, and improved on its gameplay to fit the Super Mario formula, it would easily be my favorite mainline Mario game.

I do find it funny that some "leaker" on GameFAQs said Daisy will be in the game, and all the Daisy fanboys flocked in and turned the topic into a mess. I initially believed him too, but then I remembered he has about as much credibility as I did when I made the fake TTYD 3D leak, which many people believed. So I personally don't believe him.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.