Forums

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Posts 301 to 317 of 317

CaviarMeths

yourpostgavemecancer.jpg

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SuperWiiU

SpookyMeths wrote:

Sergio151 wrote:

I went to Gamestop the other day, and I asked the clerk if there were any copies of Sonic Boom (I wasn't going to buy it, but just asking). He said they hadn't sold a singly COPY. Let that soak in for a bit.

Yeah well I once went into my local shop around opening and 100% of the people in the store bought a Vita. That thing must be crazy popular!

Did you sell one to yourself?

CaviarMeths

SuperWiiU wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Sergio151 wrote:

I went to Gamestop the other day, and I asked the clerk if there were any copies of Sonic Boom (I wasn't going to buy it, but just asking). He said they hadn't sold a singly COPY. Let that soak in for a bit.

Yeah well I once went into my local shop around opening and 100% of the people in the store bought a Vita. That thing must be crazy popular!

Did you sell one to yourself?

Ok 100% of the people not working there* wise guy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

Artwark wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

@Not-Another-Ad Theren lies the problem Next year is another sonic game. I just want sonic team/sega to take a break from sonic games for a while or at most do smaller sonic games and focus on other projects.

The thing is though, SEGA does make other projects like Phantasy Star and Valkiria Chronicles. Its just that none of those games sell well as Sonic does.

Bayonetta sold about as well as any post-'06 Sonic game.

Pls don't ever mention anything about 06 ever. Its incomplete and that game was never intended to be released but due to pressure, SEGA made the game and it happened that way. Its delisted and its a game that happened long ago. Also Bayonetta isn't a game SEGA made but rather published and we're talking about games made BY sega which sells well and Sonic is one of them.

I think Sonic '06 was an important game in terms of determining a mass change in the approach of gaming in general. Despite it being ridiculously glitchy, it still sold somewhat well (over 2 million copies). Now what does that situation make you of? Of course most non-Nintendo AAA games released recently (e.g. AC Unity, Halo Master Chief Collection) so that game was essentially the start of an era where good quality of games were not necessary for good sales.

On a side note, GameXplain has confirmed that even using wireless rather than Wii LAN adapter provides pretty much a lag-free experience online for Smash Wii U which makes the Halo online issues even more pathetic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

On a side note, GameXplain has confirmed that even using wireless rather than Wii LAN adapter provides pretty much a lag-free experience online for Smash Wii U which makes the Halo online issues even more pathetic.

I was actually wondering if GameXplain used WiFi. In the recent 1 vs 1 GameXplain video for SSB U, I noticed that the connection to the Nintendo Network took some time.
(When I play MK8, I notice the biggest difference between LAN and WiFi when connecting to the Nintendo Network for the first time. Connecting to the Nintendo Network with LAN is almost instant, while using WiFi takes a second or so.)

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Drawdler

World record already topped by 10 minutes. The best part starts at 28:30

Also, new exploits. This should be renamed Pause Simulator: The Game, because the only good part are these stupid exploits, which all involve pausing.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Yoshi_Prime

Sonic Boom (31 out of 100, 13 reviews) is now the worst-reviewed Sonic game on Metacritic, beating both Sonic '06 and the GBA port of Sonic 1. Take a bow. I mean, for what that's worth, since Metacritic is not the be all end all and can be pretty garbage at time (both from gaming critics and from gamers themselves).

Yoshi_Prime

Jordie

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Sonic Boom (31 out of 100, 13 reviews) is now the worst-reviewed Sonic game on Metacritic, beating both Sonic '06 and the GBA port of Sonic 1. Take a bow. I mean, for what that's worth, since Metacritic is not the be all end all and can be pretty garbage at time (both from gaming critics and from gamers themselves).

Okay, honestly I haven't played the game but from what I've seen of it on youtube it doesn't seem that bad. But wow, just... wow.

3DS FC: 2964 - 9993 - 9139
NNID: muchlyJord
in-game character name: Kurai

Drawdler

I... Actually saw an ad for this game. Nothing interesting in it, but I though it was hilarious that I actually saw this shameful shovelware advertised. It was just a random YouTube ad and I haven't seen another ad for the game at all. Even in catalogues, I see it tossed into a lonely little corner, alongside other titles nobody cares about.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

RedDevilAde

Oh dear, my son's birthday tomorrow and he would like this game, so my hand has been forced into getting it. Just downloading it, hope it's not that bad as he's going to want me to play it with him over the next few weeks.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Sparx

I played the demo and it's not bad, not good either, just meh

Controls like sonic adventure, battles are dull, music is bland and the characters don't really feel different besides tails who is a ranged fighter

On the plus side I liked the dialogue in the demo, and the speed section was entertaining, and there is a decent amount to explore

Might get it if I find it real cheap but even then my backlog is huge and there's too much good stuff coming

My avatar is from here

RedDevilAde

Been playing this for a while, and it's not a bad game. It is a mediocre game and definitely not a traditional Sonic game, and certainly not as bug infested as it initially appeared, I think a score go 5-6 is fair for it rather than a 4.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Jacob717

Why is everyone hostile towards the new Sonic Boom game? It's being made by the people who made the 3DS version, which I've heard okay to good things about. Everyone is acting like Big Red Button is involved in it.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

Hendesu

I been playing this for a while. Pretty great for speed runs when using Knuckle infinite jump.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.