Forums

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Posts 281 to 300 of 317

LaserdiscGal

@midnafanboy

Oh trust me I did, I love the gamegrumps- however most people don't and I mainly wanted to show off the opening

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Bolt_Strike

unrandomsam wrote:

What I don't understand is how it went from people thinking it was pretty good (I don't remember anyone being particularly negative about it anyway) at E3 to this.

I don't recall many people thinking it was good. A lot of people were more "wait and see" when it revealed and then when we saw what the game was really like at E3, everyone started hating it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Drawdler

Yeah, there were pretty mixed reactions to it before release. I remember some hated it and a couple loved it, though most seemed a little cautious.

I was really looking forward to it when it was announced, but my interest lessened with later gameplay. I was really disappointed when I saw some boring Knuckles gameplay from E3. It involved braindead puzzling and wandering around big, empty areas, though I had hope it'd be an early level and later ones would be much better. I think the later sections actually look worse because of the repetitive combat.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Yoshi_Prime

I've watched the Grumps play it, and the game looks really bad; Sonic '06 levels of bad (because, after six years and an entire console generation, they should have known better), but it's tough to watch Arin be so bad at video games.

Yoshi_Prime

Drawdler

^ I thought the whole thing was hard to watch, because they nitpicked things that really don't matter or aren't funny... It felt pretty forced to me...

Has anyone here played through the 3DS version? I know the reviews from critics are... Not the best, but some cringey dialogue and forced character switching aside, it actually looks decent. I'm not planning to buy it for a while (if at all) because so much comes out on the 21st, but I'd like to know wether it would be worthwhile after a price drop.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Captain_Toad

Drawdler wrote:

^ I thought the whole thing was hard to watch, because they nitpicked things that really don't matter or aren't funny... It felt pretty forced to me...

Has anyone here played through the 3DS version? I know the reviews from critics are... Not the best, but some cringey dialogue and forced character switching aside, it actually looks decent. I'm not planning to buy it for a while (if at all) because so much comes out on the 21st, but I'd like to know wether it would be worthwhile after a price drop.

8 to 9 posts above ya brah.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Socar

I know I've said this many times but once again, since we're overall disappointed in the games, I'll say it again.

SEGA, please learn from Nintendo as to how they carefully make risks doing something different while making the game very familiar. If you do something fans don't want you to do, you will never make Sonic the legend he should be (infact most of his games are innovative!) You did a fantastic job with Colors and Generations and yet atleast made Lost World a different Sonic game.....sort of. If Sansaru Games learnt the fundamentals of Wario Land 3 as to how fun that game is even though it had sections that are time consuming, Its a very well made game from Nintendo and while most people won't like the game due to it not having much of punishments, it was a great game nonetheless. You need to see the point of why Nintendo takes the risk of trying something different rather than being forced to do something different to the series. Yes New Super Mario Bros series is just copy and paste at best but those series were done differently and yet they still satisfied fans whether hardcore or not.

SEGA, because of Sonic Boom being a complete failure and unpolished, I request that you make another Sonic Exclusive game that will please us Nintendo fans. Its simple. Just port Sonic Generations to the Wii U with bonus levels and using off tv play and that's it. It maybe too late for this but atleast It'll satisfy us fans alike. Or you can make a brand new Sonic game exclusively on Wii U and make it a sequel to Sonic Colors.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

So is NL just not reviewing the game or what? It's been almost a week since it's been out.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Yoshi_Prime

Bolt_Strike wrote:

So is NL just not reviewing the game or what? It's been almost a week since it's been out.

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

More likely, they haven't reviewed it because they weren't sent a review copy and the game isn't out in Europe yet.

"This adventure platformer wasn't issued pre-release for review and has been attracting some scathing critiques from consumers online, but we'll take a look and figure out whether it's boom or bust for the hedgehog's latest release. Available from 21st November."

Yup

Yoshi_Prime

Bolt_Strike

@Yoshi_Prime Except that the other reviews have been published days ago and NL's hasn't. So why are they taking so long if they still intend to publish their review? Surely they would've finished by now just like every other reviewer?

Bolt_Strike

Yoshi_Prime

Are you sure those reviews weren't from America, where the game has already come out? The game isn't coming out in Europe (Where Nintendo Life is) until the 21st, and Sega isn't giving out review copies. They'll have to buy their copy like commoners.

Yoshi_Prime

Bolt_Strike

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Are you sure those reviews weren't from America, where the game has already come out? The game isn't coming out in Europe (Where Nintendo Life is) until the 21st, and Sega isn't giving out review copies. They'll have to buy their copy like commoners.

I forgot that NL is in Europe.

Bolt_Strike

Bread-Not-Toast

Just hope Sonic Team has something really special coming next year, to make up for this travesty.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Captain_Toad

@Not-Another-Ad Theren lies the problem Next year is another sonic game. I just want sonic team/sega to take a break from sonic games for a while or at most do smaller sonic games and focus on other projects.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Bolt_Strike

I don't think there's going to be a main game next year. The next game is probably going to be the 25th anniversary title in 2016.

Bolt_Strike

Socar

Captain_Toad wrote:

@Not-Another-Ad Theren lies the problem Next year is another sonic game. I just want sonic team/sega to take a break from sonic games for a while or at most do smaller sonic games and focus on other projects.

The thing is though, SEGA does make other projects like Phantasy Star and Valkiria Chronicles. Its just that none of those games sell well as Sonic does.

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

The thing is though, SEGA does make other projects like Phantasy Star and Valkiria Chronicles. Its just that none of those games sell well as Sonic does.

Bayonetta sold about as well as any post-'06 Sonic game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

Sergio151 wrote:

I went to Gamestop the other day, and I asked the clerk if there were any copies of Sonic Boom (I wasn't going to buy it, but just asking). He said they hadn't sold a singly COPY. Let that soak in for a bit.

Yeah well I once went into my local shop around opening and 100% of the people in the store bought a Vita. That thing must be crazy popular!

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

SpookyMeths wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

Bayonetta sold about as well as any post-'06 Sonic game.

Pls don't ever mention anything about 06 ever. Its incomplete and that game was never intended to be released but due to pressure, SEGA made the game and it happened that way. Its delisted and its a game that happened long ago. Also Bayonetta isn't a game SEGA made but rather published and we're talking about games made BY sega which sells well and Sonic is one of them.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.