Forums

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Posts 261 to 280 of 317

Drawdler

I doubt Sonic 06 would be good purely with glitches and load times fixed, but I think it would be more enjoyable than Boom, which would have the same repetitive combat and overly-simplistic platforming

Speaking of glitches...

@cookiex Seeing Knuckles' old design in that picture is so wierd.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Inkling

This game is Sonic '14

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

sub12

My guess is that BRB was unsatisfied with the product that they were developing, but SEGA, despite knowing the title needed more time, forced the release to coincide with the holiday shopping season and the Sonic Boom cartoon.....hence quite a few of the guys at BRB said f&ck it.....

sub12

shingi_70

sub12 wrote:

My guess is that BRB was unsatisfied with the product that they were developing, but SEGA, despite knowing the title needed more time, forced the release to coincide with the holiday shopping season and the Sonic Boom cartoon.....hence quite a few of the guys at BRB said f&ck it.....

Rumors j that BRB had talent coming in and out like crazy.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Samurai_Goroh

Secret Rings was actually a decent game. Don't mix it up with this clusterf*ck, please.

Samurai_Goroh

Bolt_Strike

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

Secret Rings was actually a decent game. Don't mix it up with this clusterf*ck, please.

Secret Rings is dragged down by the control scheme and the on rails nature, I wouldn't exactly call it decent. It would be decent if you could play it like a regular Sonic game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Captain_Toad

I'm guessing that it should've gone down like smash 4. Release the 3ds one first with a couple of months delay then the Wiiu one 2nd later down the line. Speaking of that any word on how the 3ds one is? minus the ign one

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Octane

Guitardude7 wrote:

Why hasn't Nintendo Life reviewed this game yet? Just curious.

It probably glitched out after 5 minutes of playing, making it impossible to review.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

BearHunger

@Guitardude7 Perhaps the reviewer hasn't finished and evaluated the game in the six days that it's been available. (No review copies were sent.)

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

BearHunger

Guitardude7 wrote:

Is Nintendo Life just slow?

More likely busy, I'd think. There are so many download games to review.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

CaviarMeths

Guitardude7 wrote:

Is Nintendo Life just slow?

Well, I have noticed that news generally hits the NintendoLife front page a day or two after it hits everywhere else, but that's what happens with an aggregate news site. Only news that NL reports very quickly are highlights from live streams like Direct or Treehouse.

But their review shouldn't be any later than others. That's not news. I guess they were just busy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TeeJay

Guitardude7 wrote:

@SpookyMeths A day or two late? That's a hell of a delay. I don't think it would be that bad would it? That seems way too big a gap

I've seen it myself. For example, GoNintendo would post news and then a day or two later NL would report the same thing. Even right now, I learned from GoNintendo that fishing has been added to Majora's Mask. I expect NL to post an article tomorrow or the day after, if they do post an article.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Drawdler

@Guitardude7 I waited like a month for their Trap Team review. I think they're just slow sometimes, though the lack of review copies for this certainly doesn't help.

Octane wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Why hasn't Nintendo Life reviewed this game yet? Just curious.

It probably glitched out after 5 minutes of playing, making it impossible to review.

The reviewer's Wii U just exploded in refusal to play the game and saved them the trouble of playing.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

jariw

TeeJay wrote:

I've seen it myself. For example, GoNintendo would post news and then a day or two later NL would report the same thing. Even right now, I learned from GoNintendo that fishing has been added to Majora's Mask. I expect NL to post an article tomorrow or the day after, if they do post an article.

GoNintendo/Nintendoeverything/etc are web sites that post very little contents of their own, but they post just about everything found on the net (sometimes I feel that Gonintendo and Nintendoeverything just mirror each other). NL reviews every released Wii U game (including VC) and they have their own interviews and other stuff. The focus of those sites and NL are quite different. If you want fast news, use such a news collection site or Twitter.

I'd still expect that NL will publish reviews of the major games when they get review copies of them in advance (such as SSB U, most likely) directly when the embargo is lifted.

jariw

Yoshi_Prime

More likely, they haven't reviewed it because they weren't sent a review copy and the game isn't out in Europe yet.

"This adventure platformer wasn't issued pre-release for review and has been attracting some scathing critiques from consumers online, but we'll take a look and figure out whether it's boom or bust for the hedgehog's latest release. Available from 21st November."

Yup

Yoshi_Prime

Captain_Toad

So according to gamexplain and somecallmejohnny review for shattered crystal. They liked it.

There will be lots of exporation and backtracking which can sometimes take up to 20 mins in a stage but worthwhile upgrades and pretty much a 5 hour venture cancels it out. it depends how you look at it.
Unskippable/unspeed-upable dialog sequences and broken contunity from the rise of lyric break the story

But everything else is pretty sound. Go get the 3ds version.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Captain_Toad

GameXpllains review of Shattered Crystal

unrandomsam

What I don't understand is how it went from people thinking it was pretty good (I don't remember anyone being particularly negative about it anyway) at E3 to this.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

MsJubilee

Pokefraker wrote:

I recommend watching just the opening, not the actual let's play.

I would recommend watching the let's play it's fun hearing them talk trash about this game.It makes my day.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.