Forums

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Posts 241 to 260 of 317

cookiex

I remember when this looked like it had some promise. Later material was pretty lackluster though and it seems like the final game is a piece of poop.

The Knuckles glitch is hilarious though.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Samurai_Goroh

The sad part for me is not just that SEGA did this to it's mascot. It's that Nintendo actually paid for this exclusive piece of ... I'd would demand a "refund" if I were them.

Samurai_Goroh

RedDevilAde

cookiex wrote:

I remember when this looked like it had some promise. Later material was pretty lackluster though and it seems like the final game is a piece of poop.

The Knuckles glitch is hilarious though.

Yeah, just looked at the original teaser for it, it looks really good from that. Shame it seems to be such a heap of dung now.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

SuperWiiU

I wasn't expecting a 9/10 game, but I hoped it would at least be good enough to be worth a play. This game however looks like won't ever get in my Wii U.

Randomname19

SuperWiiU wrote:

I wasn't expecting a 9/10 game, but I hoped it would at least be good enough to be worth a play. This game however looks like won't ever get in my Wii U.

Same here.I'll keep playing Sonic:Lost World to get my Sonic fix while I wait Sonic Team's main Sonic game.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Punished_Boss_84

And Nintendo paided for these three exclusives! From SEGA of all of companies!

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

AceDefective

I heard on Youtube that half the Rise of Lyric dev team left halfway through development, while this explains things can anyone back this up? I'm curious to know if that actually happened, and I haven't found anything that does back up the claim.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Angelic_Lapras_King

DiscoGentleman wrote:

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

I heard on Youtube that half the Rise of Lyric dev team left halfway through development, while this explains things can anyone back this up? I'm curious to know if that actually happened, and I haven't found anything that does back up the claim.

I'd be careful what you hear on the cusp of a glitch fest, poorly made game's release, especially with such a wacko fan base as Sonic's, and ESPECIALLY on YouTube. YouTube comments are the worst place on the internet, IMO.

Really, I don't get the devotion to this series when so much has been awful.

Nostalgia from the MD games and the love towards the characters I guess. Even so, it's no excuse to defend stuff like this....

Angelic_Lapras_King

Shy_Guy

Is this game bad as Sonic 06 or worse?

Edited on by Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

Socar

You know since these games are such duds, Nintendo is most likely to delist them and demand SEGA to make a different Sonic game instead.

I'd be really angry if the next Sonic game that shows up in PS4 and ONE turns out to be the best game ever made and Nintendo doesn't get that game for their system or gets a weaker version of that game! XD

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AceDefective

I'm gonna guess so many people left that BRB was so understaffed that they could only release the game in it's current state.
Either way, this is BRB's last game at the looks of it.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

conman2012

Thanks Sega. Top Work.

And how many people keep harping on about how Nintendo should ditch hardware and follow Sega's example?

One hopes there was some sort of performance/quality requirements in the deal

conman2012

NintendoFan64

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

I'm gonna guess so many people left that BRB was so understaffed that they could only release the game in it's current state.
Either way, this is BRB's last game at the looks of it.

Wow, that...sucks. I honestly kinda feel bad for Big Red button. Not only was their first game a failure, but the company already seem to be doomed right when it's begun, and a bunch of people lost their jobs, and a bunch more most likely will in the future. I hope those guys can get another job somewhere else...also, looks like Sonic Boom is no longer on my Christmas list.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SuperWiiU

Shy_Guy wrote:

I don't think it's actually worse, but with the limited amount of reviews available it's actually scoring worse than Sonic 06 on sites like Metacritic and Gamerankings.

RedDevilAde

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

Least inherently negative review I've seen so far.

Doesn't look so awful there.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

ZurrrrBlattTron

Shy_Guy wrote:

If both games were fully completed, Sonic 06 would be decades over Sonic Boom. Where the problem with Sonic 06 Lies is the fact that it's such a glitch feast. Sonic Boom is just horrible though, with bad framerate, glitches,boring story and a boring game play to add to it all this with the fact that Sonic Boom looks like a ps2 game at best kinda hurts. I honestly enjoyed Sonic 06 but couldn't even stand sonic boom

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

cookiex

torotoid64 wrote:

Shy_Guy wrote:

If both games were fully completed, Sonic 06 would be decades over Sonic Boom. Where the problem with Sonic 06 Lies is the fact that it's such a glitch feast. Sonic Boom is just horrible though, with bad framerate, glitches,boring story and a boring game play to add to it all this with the fact that Sonic Boom looks like a ps2 game at best kinda hurts. I honestly enjoyed Sonic 06 but couldn't even stand sonic boom

I disagree. Even without the numerous bugs Sonic 06 has some pretty horrendous design flaws, plus regardless if the game was rushed or not we would've still gotten this:

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

ZurrrrBlattTron

cookiex wrote:

torotoid64 wrote:

Shy_Guy wrote:

I disagree. Even without the numerous bugs Sonic 06 has some pretty horrendous design flaws, plus regardless if the game was rushed or not we would've still gotten this:

Untitled

so I guess you ship SonicXAmy

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.