Wii U Forum

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Showing 21 to 40 of 142

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

21. Posted:

Untitled

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emblem

22. Posted:

Knuckles looks kinda creepy but aside from that this actually looks better than Lost World. I hope it turns out good as i need more good local co-op games for my Wii U.

Emblem

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tritonus

23. Posted:

I think the game looks great. Character style is a fresh breeze, maybe except for knuckles...

Hope they make a Lost Worlds and Boom bundle!

Infinite Crisis (DC Comics MOBA) Beta Invite:

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/account/registration?utm_source=86b226d9-cf09-e311-a320-bc305b234d58&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=IC_RAF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AJ_Lethal

24. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

Untitled

brb, dying.

deviantART

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tritonus

25. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

Untitled

LOL!

Infinite Crisis (DC Comics MOBA) Beta Invite:

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/account/registration?utm_source=86b226d9-cf09-e311-a320-bc305b234d58&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=IC_RAF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

26. Posted:

Knuckles skipped leg day. The preview from the TV show looks cool.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

27. Posted:

Sonic Boom- first official details
http://nintendoeverything.com/sonic-boom-first-official-details/

  • Will deliver a “fresh approach that will be at once both familiar and new”
  • Sonic Boom will extend into television, gaming, merchandise and more
  • Won’t replace modern Sonic
  • Will take “the franchise to another level”
  • Officially the third title in SEGA’s exclusive deal with Nintendo
  • Game will take advantage of Wii U 3DS
  • Features Sonic’s sense of speed
  • New “Enerbeam” mechanic: explore the game’s world in unique ways
  • Wii U version focuses on combat and exploration
  • Game developed using CryEngine 3
  • Wii U title will “operate in harmony with the television series and act as a prequel to the series”
  • Big Red Button CEO Bob Raffei said the game will be “a very different Sonic, both in tone and art direction”
  • Sanzaru Games handling 3DS version
  • Will feature slightly different content on each platform
  • 3DS version has different environments and enemies
  • CG TV series from OuiDo! Productions
  • Will air in North America on Cartoon Network during the 2014-2015 season
  • 52 episodes, 11 minutes long
  • Wii U version offers two-player co-op in the main campaign
  • Will have modes for 4 players
  • Game centers on an adventure in an ancient land
  • Exploration, melee combat, speed
  • 3DS version happens in the same world
  • Focus on teamwork
  • Expanded roles for Tails, Knuckles, Amy
  • Each have their special abilities that link up with Sonic and possibly each other
  • No online co-op

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

28. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Sonic Boom- first official details
http://nintendoeverything.com/sonic-boom-first-official-details/

  • Will deliver a “fresh approach that will be at once both familiar and new”
  • Sonic Boom will extend into television, gaming, merchandise and more
  • Won’t replace modern Sonic
  • Will take “the franchise to another level”
  • Officially the third title in SEGA’s exclusive deal with Nintendo
  • Game will take advantage of Wii U 3DS
  • Features Sonic’s sense of speed
  • New “Enerbeam” mechanic: explore the game’s world in unique ways
  • Wii U version focuses on combat and exploration
  • Game developed using CryEngine 3
  • Wii U title will “operate in harmony with the television series and act as a prequel to the series”
  • Big Red Button CEO Bob Raffei said the game will be “a very different Sonic, both in tone and art direction”
  • Sanzaru Games handling 3DS version
  • Will feature slightly different content on each platform
  • 3DS version has different environments and enemies
  • CG TV series from OuiDo! Productions
  • Will air in North America on Cartoon Network during the 2014-2015 season
  • 52 episodes, 11 minutes long
  • Wii U version offers two-player co-op in the main campaign
  • Will have modes for 4 players
  • Game centers on an adventure in an ancient land
  • Exploration, melee combat, speed
  • 3DS version happens in the same world
  • Focus on teamwork
  • Expanded roles for Tails, Knuckles, Amy
  • Each have their special abilities that link up with Sonic and possibly each other
  • No online co-op

CryEngine 3!?!? NOW we're talkin'!!! Middle finger to EA, I'm buying this game!

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

29. Posted:

How is this a middle finger to EA when they have nothing to do with sonic, and by buying this game your funding crytech who makes Crisis. So by buying this your paying for the development of an EA game.

Cry engine mewbs nothing since the game looks like crap compared to what it looked lime in the cry engine reel fron ast year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

30. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

How is this a middle finger to EA when they have nothing to do with sonic, and by buying this game your funding crytech who makes Crisis. So by buying this your paying for the development of an EA game.

Cry engine mewbs nothing since the game looks like crap compared to what it looked lime in the cry engine reel fron ast year.

Well the EA team did have Crysis 3 running on the WiiU which also supported CryEngine 3 before they pulled the plug on it so it isn't an exact middle finger to EA
And the Sonic Boom game is still in development so the graphics arent EXACTLY final soooo... ya

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

31. Posted:

Game comes out this year and has been in development for two years.

The envioments look good but is a downgrade compared to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8T3pe9G4Pc&feature=youtu...

The character models seem a but derpy, but qhi cares when the game looks fun and is what I've wanted from sonic for a while.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spuratis

32. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

How is this a middle finger to EA when they have nothing to do with sonic, and by buying this game your funding crytech who makes Crisis. So by buying this your paying for the development of an EA game.

Cry engine mewbs nothing since the game looks like crap compared to what it looked lime in the cry engine reel fron ast year.

I think he's just saying that because some EA reps were saying that CryEngine 3 wouldn't run on Wii U. That's when everyone was trying to undermine the system saying how weak it was. Then again, I could be wrong. I really don't know what he's getting at. I just vaguely remember someone say CryEngine 3 wouldn't work on Wii U.

Anyways.. on topic, I think the game looks pretty cool so far. I haven't bought a Sonic game since Sega Saturn, if this gets decent reviews, I'll check it out.

Edited on by Spuratis

Spuratis

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

33. Posted:

About the Nintendo exclusivity deal, I just found out that Sonic Boom is actually the second Nintendo-exclusive game. Mario & Sonic 2014 was not part of the deal despite being for Wii U only, so there's still going to be another Nintendo-exclusive game in the future.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Dark

34. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

You can reach the other side of the rainbow.

I love that song xD

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

35. Posted:

A couple of interesting details:

  • Big Red Button Entertainment had been making Sonic Boom for two years
  • Sonic Boom actually first appeared in the CryEngine 3 GDC 2013 trailer

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

36. Posted:

Is this game going be similar to Sonic Heroes?

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

37. Posted:

Let's keep the discussion in one place: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/sonic_is_inde...

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JonnyKong

38. Posted:

Why can't we discuss a Wii U game in the Wii U forum?

Anyway, I'm cautiously excited, especially after reading all those extra details listed above. I've read somewhere this is practically a 3d platformer which is enough to excite me because it's my favourite and underused genre.

I wonder what kind of release date we're looking at.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

39. Posted:

I swear. Sonic Boom better be used at some point in this game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

40. Posted:

I like the idea of the fresh direction but I HATE the new models.

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz