Forums

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Posts 121 to 140 of 317

Socar

I'm wondering if the 3DS version would be ignored like the Lost world 3DS version......cause I seriously think that at the very least the screenshots for that version can be easily shown.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Artwark wrote:

I'm wondering if the 3DS version would be ignored like the Lost world 3DS version......cause I seriously think that at the very least the screenshots for that version can be easily shown.

considering what I heard about the 3DS version of Lost World, being ignored might be for the best

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Taffy

Rosalina wrote:

@taffy Hey, can you change the title of the thread to somwthing like "Sonic Boom Wii U", that way it's easy to read and it gives the thread a more "official" sounding title?

Sorry took long to reply, is this more acceptable?

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Captain_Toad

Untitled

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Captain_Toad

Gamexplain got themselves a preview build of the game here. Both 3ds Called Sonic boom: Shattered Crystal
[youtube:DrOUSgBkVzM] [Cliffnotes version. You play as Sonic, tails, knuckles, and Newcomer sticks being switchable anytime after unlocking em with side-scroller stages, temple run like stages, and Rival races a la sonic Rivals. Special abilities and Enerbeam tech is used.]
And WiiU Sonic Boom: The Rise of Lyric
[youtube:5YWdDO5jVeA] [cliffnotes version: Sonic, tails, knuckles, and amy are playable, Speed stages, explore stages, and bosses along with hilarious dialogue. "RINGS! OMNOMNOMNOM!" and animations along with brawler-type gameplay. Dynamic difficulty depending on your play style, special abilities and enerbeam tech is used. Ring are no longer lost all at once (think black knight,unleashed,and secret rings). Run button is needed in the explore stages, and bugs are present.]

This is Lyric.
Untitled

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will deliver a different experience than past titles. The detailed levels and emphasis on each character’s unique abilities will showcase the distinctive feel of an action- adventure game, giving players more choice in exploration as they work as a team to stop the deadly snake-like ancient villain, Lyric, before he can power up his army. The gameplay will challenge players with over-the-top speed runs, but the heart of the game will focus on intense combat and brand-new abilities including the Enerbeam. This new feature in the game gives players an energy-charged cord that can be used by characters to navigate the world like never before. Players will be able to swing or zip-line across gaps, explore alternate paths, grab and throw enemies and take away their shields in combat.

EDIT: This videos are on private……..

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

unrandomsam

I like the look of the 3DS one but not the Wii U one.

(I hate collectables in games - don't mind having to perform stuff under a certain time limit to unlock stuff - If it is set so it needs an almost perfect run).

The Wii U one reminds me of the type of Playstation game I don't like.

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

considering what I heard about the 3DS version of Lost World, being ignored might be for the best

The 3DS version of Lost World is fine. Just use the dpad not the circle pad. (It is not as mind numbingly dull as 3D Land anyway).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Randomname19

I'm not going to buy this .I wasn't expecting a standard Sonic game but i wasn't expecting Sonic Unleashed 2 either,the enerbeam works like the werehog's elastic arms.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

DonnyKD

^

You were expecting a standard (oh, the one with wisps or the one where you play as Shadow?) Sonic game, despite it being a game made by entirely different people, in a different universe.

That's something you brought on yourself.

And it looks like Unleashed, if you just think any beat 'em up is Unleashed.

DonnyKD

kkslider5552000

I don't think this is bad for the game itself, but I am quickly getting sick of every other time we actually get a new 3D platformer anymore, it's revealed to be a more beat-em-up type of thing. Maybe some people want a 3D platformer that is focused on 3D platforming? LOOKING AT YOU KNACK.

DonnyKD

"but I am quickly getting sick of every other time we actually get a new 3D platformer anymore, it's revealed to be a more beat-em-up type of thing."

When... when does any of that happen?

Seriously. You look into some interesting games.

DonnyKD

kkslider5552000

DonnyKD wrote:

"but I am quickly getting sick of every other time we actually get a new 3D platformer anymore, it's revealed to be a more beat-em-up type of thing."

When... when does any of that happen?

Seriously. You look into some interesting games.

This happened with Skylanders, and maybe I'm somehow wrong because I don't play Skylanders, but I saw a new Spyro with some jumping and got slightly excited and then the game was clearly a beat-em-up? And Knack did the same thing and compared it to Crash Bandicoot but it's so not Crash.

shingi_70

I was a bit disappointed about Knack being a beat em up that used 3D platformer as its traversal mechanic.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Socar

In a few more days, we will see the release of Sonic boom for the show, 3DS and Wii U. I'm surprised that everyone is keeping quiet about this since this IS Sonic we're talking about here. Yeah I'm still mad of Knuckles being tall and all but idk, the 3DS version does have some potential. And you can play the demo of the game before its release (not sure of the date but I'm positive of what I read earlier.)

I'm still skeptical about this whole thing though........why the change all of a sudden when you can just rehash it like Colors and Generations and do it like that till people want something new? It works for Mario although that's a completely different topic to discuss about. I gotta say that I'm sad to see Sonic being hated by many unlike Mario and that SEGA isn't treating Sonic with love like how Nintendo cares about Mario.......

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Heh, a lack of updates and skeptical new team and gameplay footage it seems espically after sonic Lost world. Looking to be surprised by the end result it's looking pretty likely.
Speaking of gameplay.

Trailers for Rise of Lyric.

and Shattered Crystal

Both of 'em Japanese.

Captain_Toad

Gamexplain's released Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal - Tropical Level Gameplay w/ Direct Audio (3DS E3 2014)

Dat island music. :3

Bolt_Strike

Artwark wrote:

In a few more days, we will see the release of Sonic boom for the show, 3DS and Wii U. I'm surprised that everyone is keeping quiet about this since this IS Sonic we're talking about here.

It seems like Cartoon Network doesn't really care about the show much, they haven't aired a single advertisement for the show and they pretty much stuffed it in an early Saturday morning time slot. That plus the whole fiasco with Dish pulling CN I think is going to hamper the show's viewership severely.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.