Forums

Topic: New Game predictions 2016...

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

Madder128

With Wii U clearly on the Wind down, other than Paper Mario Colour Splash, what is left for Wii U this year ?

Will Nintendo reveal a new Wii U title at E3 ? Or is Nintendo pretty much done and dusted for 2016 ?

Thoughts ?

Madder128

Peach64

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very feature-light Mario Golf. Maybe a new HD re-release, perhaps an ultimate edition of Smash Bros with all DLC.

Peach64

Octane

Pikmin 4

Octane

Madder128

@Peach64: Yeah I could see something along the lines of Mario Golf, aslong as it's got a decent online mode, I would be pretty content with that.

Madder128

Madder128

@Octane: That would be awesome. I just can't see that landing on Wii U now, but you have to be optimistic right

Madder128

Octane

@Madder128: It was almost complete last year. And the upcoming Wii U release schedule looks more barren than the Sahara Desert. 1 and 1 equals 2. That's my prediction for this year. Pikmin 4 at E3, you heard it here first folks!

Octane

Madder128

@Octane: I really hope this turns out to be the case.

Madder128

Octane

@Madder128: I certainly hope so. They must have some Wii U games left and those better be worthwhile. Not looking forward to amiibo Festival 2.0 and a barebones Mario Golf.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Depends on whether the March 2017 NX release is intentional or just a way to shut up investors of which delay to holiday 2017 happening.

In the first case, I think just new Nintendo Selects waves and more content for already existing games like another game mode and maps in Splatoon or slopes in Super Mario Maker or Wolf in Smash or Skyward Sword map for Hyrule Warriors Wii U.

In the 2nd case, I think: Mario Golf, Pikmin 4, Animal Crossing U, Super Mario Sunshine HD and Skyward Sword HD.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AlliMeadow

@Grumblevolcano: Are they even allowed to lie to investors about their plans? Isn't that fraud? I get that sometimes games to get delayed for various reasons, but outright saying to investors that the NX is releasing in March 2017 when they have no plans of doing so can't possibly be legal.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Octane

@Tsurii: To add to that; Pikmin isn't a system seller. They know that by know. The rerelease of the first two games on the Wii weren't popular either, despite the large userbase. I don't think that they'd loose any potential sales by releasing the game on Wii U. Yes the userbase is small, but the majority of people interested in Pikmin probably own a Wii U already anyway.

If the game reuses assets from Pikmin 3, development was already a lot cheaper. And if ~1 million sales were enough to warrant a sequel to Pikmin 3, I don't see why another million sales for Pikmin 4 would be any less of a success.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@AlliMeadow: Well I'd imagine that Nintendo already lied to their investors regarding Zelda U. I doubt 2015 was at all intended but rather to try and cash in on Smash Wii U bundle sales in 2014.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

aventadorwesley

I hope Nintendo last game for the WiiU is a Mario Strikers game that will be awesome!

Edited on by aventadorwesley

aventadorwesley

TuVictus

I'd love a Pikmin 4 announcement, but I think they'll use it as a launch title. It's not a system seller, but it would help push some people over, like me. Plus, that, a Mario, and a Zelda all launching day 1 would be quite the lineup. But maybe I'm wrong. I hope so. I'd love Pikmin 4 this year.

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative: Not sure if launching Mario and Zelda both on the same day is a good idea. Those are two of their biggest franchises. Don't count on it.

Octane

TuVictus

Happened with the wii. I don't see why not.

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@Operative: It didn't, Twilight Princess was 2006 meanwhile Super Mario Galaxy was 2007.

Grumblevolcano

TuVictus

Damn really? My minds all fuzzed up. I retract my statement then

TuVictus

martinskrtel37

why does someone different need to make this thread every day?

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I kind of feel Paper Mario will be delayed and launch on both systems.

Lol dang.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.