Wii U Forum

Topic: New Competitor For Wii U

Showing 141 to 160 of 166

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

141. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Breathtaking. Well done, sir, you're the newest to join the Tendoboy club.

Ah, Tendoboy. The guy who told me I should have known to take out my SD card when logging onto the eShop in order to prevent losing every single one of my downloaded games. Yes, those were the days.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

142. Posted:

I see tendoboy from tome to time on nwr.

Kwh he would come back I think we missed a lot of E3 fun times since he wasn't here.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

143. Posted:

He's perma-banned, though. Not that I don't miss him, ofc. D:

@kyuubikid213 I highly doubt TBD is going to ban anyone over a discussion about iOS vs. the world. I think you might be doing exactly what we're not supposed to do (i.e. prevent the topic from evolving past the OT). Besides, there's already another thread about the Ouya.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Hokori

144. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

What makes a game hardcore?

Relating to a character and wanting to cosplay as said character

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Koos

145. Posted:

Kyuubikid213's definition makes a lot of sense.

Koos

AuthorMessage

TwilightPoint

146. Posted:

@Sony_70 There is no such thing as a "hardcore" game.
A gamer could be "hardcore" by playing games (or one game) continuously with intent and devotion.

TwilightPoint

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

147. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

I love you. In a purely bromance kind of way.

Don't worry it's mutual.

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Now let's get back on topic before theblackdragon starts handing out bans

Has the site taken you on as a topic traffic controller, or you're just genuinely concerned about our well being on the site?

Either way I don't believe anyone is getting 'banned.' lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

148. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

If this gets thousands of indies working for it, for sure it will have many many games that will not be available for anything else. And these might be considered "first party games" or "exclusives".

1st party games are the only games making a console "Special" or "unique" !

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

149. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

I love you. In a purely bromance kind of way.

[/div]

Don't worry it's mutual.

Awwww.....That's adorable.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

150. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Has the site taken you on as a topic traffic controller, or you're just genuinely concerned about our well being on the site?

I'm genuinely concerned. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." So long as it doesn't become a back and forth brawl between users.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Aviator

151. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

[/div]

I'm genuinely concerned. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." So long as it doesn't become a back and forth brawl between users.

This debate hasn't broken any of the rules. At least I don't think so.

Also, this sums up my views on the hardcore gamer pretty well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer#Hardcore_gamer

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

152. Posted:

Well, Nintendo's trying to broaden the scope of video games with the asymmetric control scheme (admittedly, I'm not that captivated). This could be a very good opportunity for Nintendo to take playing to almost a new level. If the company can attract them, indie developers might be able to find creative ways to utilize the control scheme that other schemes can't easily replicate. Low barriers and cost from the Wii U Shop means that it's easier to experiment. Yet, somehow, I don't think this can really catch on to AAA-titles from big companies unless Nintendo keeps the Wii U living for at least 10 years.

If there are many games effectively utilizing the controls, then at least the Wii U has this distinct advantage that OUYA doesn't (maybe for now).

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

Koos

153. Posted:

http://www.theonion.com/video/internet-scam-alert-most-kickst...

Koos

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

154. Posted:

As someone has already said, this is getting offtopic. Seriously, this is almost as bad as the first chapter of The Mark of Athena. :P

Anywho, I pretty much don't have much to say, as I may just be playing my 3DS and PC for the next 4-6 years and not plan on getting a Wii U. But this console doesn't look as if it can replace my beloved PC. The PC is basically the thing that can do almost everything I want to do: play games, communicate, and watch movies. :D

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

155. Posted:

The Onion = a satirical news site.

For those that don't often venture away from this children's playground of a forum.

PrimedMetroid wrote:

As someone has already said, this is getting offtopic.

I don't understand the need to follow the exact topic at hand without any evolution whatsoever.

This is the only forum I've ever been on where people absolutely freak out if posters don't 100% abide by the discussion laid out in the original post. It's like people here only like answering questions, they don't really want to discuss anything.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

pixelman

156. Posted:

Untitled

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

157. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

if you think there's a problem, report it. otherwise, leave it alone, please — you're creating an issue when there wasn't one in the first place.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

RazorYoshi

158. Posted:

I don't really think this'll compete well with the Wii U.
It is a rip-off, and it's basically just a Wii U without the awesome Nintendo touch.

RazorYoshi

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

159. Posted:

RazorYoshi wrote:

I don't really think this'll compete well with the Wii U.
It is a rip-off, and it's basically just a Wii U without the awesome Nintendo touch.

Well we've already determined Nintendo is pretty much responsible for inventing technology itself, so this is a given. Everything is basically a Nintendo product without something or another.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Scollurio

160. Posted:

Hmm some of you say its only shovelware coming to this,
some of you say its not original.
Well I tell you, its nothing for ME personally, but if it can cut a depp chunk off the flashgame casuals playing on android and idevices AND off the casual crowd of nintendo it COULD make some impact. Not so much to nintendo but to the mobile-phone-gamers-market maybe. After all 99 $ is really cheap.

If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough...

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998