Forums

Topic: Need for Speed: Most Wanted Wii U based off of PC, not 360

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

Bankai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

So.... we hate EA but when EA does a good game on Wii U we all go out and buy it?

And you guys really wonder why EA continues to do what it does?

Valid point but not liking a company and liking a few of their 4 billion games is not necessarily a contradiction.

Well, my point was more that people don't seem to understand the idea behind a "boycott"

by most people you mean the (much?) less than 1000 that spent 15 hours that day talking about games on the internets right?

Well, yes. I never said the boycott would work, or the rage against EA was in any way worthwhile. EA knows that people will buy Mass Effect 4, too, despite the tantrum people threw over the last game's ending.

But, if you're going to run around the Internet being one of the small minority of people that actually care that EA doesn't put much effort into Nintendo games, then at least have the courage of your convictions to not buy EA games.

rallydefault

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

So.... we hate EA but when EA does a good game on Wii U we all go out and buy it?

Valid point but not liking a company and liking a few of their 4 billion games is not necessarily a contradiction.

Well, my point was more that people don't seem to understand the idea behind a "boycott"

Kinda shooting your own protest in the foot if you boycott one game and then go buy something else by the same company.

@Bankai- Just. Stop. You don't impress me. Your snide comments rarely add anything intelligent to the discussions going on. In the gaming model we must live in, when you buy a game you are supporting both the publisher and developer. In this case, I take my hat off to the developer for putting the time and effort into the console I own and enjoy, and therefore I feel perfectly fine stating that I am considering buying the game.

If you want to bring all of the EA nonsense into this, then that is your own perogative, but you need to know that to viewers like me and many others who won't comment in this thread but are nodding at their monitors right now, you seem like a whiny baby looking for attention by pointing out every nitpicky "mistake" in others' logic, as if your own logic is flawless.

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

by most people you mean the (much?) less than 1000 that spent 15 hours that day talking about games on the internets right?

Well, yes. I never said the boycott would work, or the rage against EA was in any way worthwhile. EA knows that people will buy Mass Effect 4, too, despite the tantrum people threw over the last game's ending.

But, if you're going to run around the Internet being one of the small minority of people that actually care that EA doesn't put much effort into Nintendo games, then at least have the courage of your convictions to not buy EA games.

Agreed. I'm honestly not exactly the biggest fan of EA all the time and did boycott them for a few years because of the big anonymous employee controversy, but they are a smart if "evil" company (emphasis on the ""). As I've said before, I'd honestly respect people more if I actually believed they were serious.

So racing game! I like Need for Speed, I liked what I played of Burnout Paradise, not exactly high on my list of must-haves but it looks really good. Modern PC graphics confirm for me that realistic HD graphics for PS360 by comparison are often worthless and dated already

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bankai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Agreed. I'm honestly not exactly the biggest fan of EA all the time and did boycott them for a few years because of the big anonymous employee controversy, but they are a smart if "evil" company (emphasis on the ""). As I've said before, I'd honestly respect people more if I actually believed they were serious.

So racing game! I like Need for Speed, I liked what I played of Burnout Paradise, not exactly high on my list of must-haves but it looks really good. Modern PC graphics confirm for me that realistic HD graphics for PS360 by comparison are often worthless and dated already

Regardless of whether this version looks the best or not, it is a seriously good game. I've played through the PS3 version and it's so, so slick.

Gamesake

I would hate to boycott EA. Some of my best used games are published by them.

...in my pants.

Ecto-1

Wow, I wasn't really too interested in this, but after seeing that video I am adding it to my ever growing list of games I want to pick up for Wii U.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

scrubbyscum999

Um, @Bankai who said anyone was boycotting EA? I don't really like them but if they make a good game they make a good game. I'm going to buy what I like, got a problem with that? Maybe it would, you know, actually make good games if you buy a game you think is good. As for this game, I'm not a big racing fan so I probably won't get it.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Scollurio

All good and nice, but having played Most Wanted I can only say: It drives nice, looks nice, sounds nice, and thats it. You might think "what else is there?!" - well I played and loved the original Most Wanted - which was in every regard better. The new Most wanted does NOT feature:

• break points where you can collapse buildings onto chasing cops, thus making escape easier
  • cop AI based on line of sight, instead they just have an "attention radius" in which they will always catch you/you cannot escape even if they physicly cant see you
  • customizing your car with individual performance parts (instead its always the same upgrades, tiered, unlockable and switchable by a button)
  • customizing your car VISUALLY (no spoilers, rims, etc...) other than color which is random if you drive through a paint job
  • some more things I forgot as the game drifted into irrelevance for me

Just as a warning, if you're die hard fan of the original game, don't get it, that "new game smell" is gone after an hour or two and then its really bland. If you don't have too high expectations and just want it for the pure driving and engine sound, you should be save getting it!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Scollurio

Gamesake wrote:

I would hate to boycott EA. Some of my best used games are published by them.

Like? For me EA killed every franchise I liked. Im especially sad over Battlefield...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Banker-Style

I'll be going for this,always wanted to play a proper Need for Speed.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

ocelot20

Am not sure if this is true. But if I remember correctly but Need for Speed Most Wanted for the PC was just a console port. Again I don't remember if this is true but there is a lot of website and forums saying it is. Some even say it is on the same level of port as Dark Souls was when that went to PC and that was horrible until some clever person put together a unoffical patch to make it look/work better.

ocelot20

Sean_Aaron

EA very rarely publishes anything I want so this will hopefully follow in the tracks of Nitro, which was quite fun - barring the lack of online play.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Amigaengine

Nintendo should pick up the phone and see if Criterion would like to co-develop a certain high-speed Nintendo racing franchise we haven't seen for a while

Amigaengine

Chrono_Cross

Amigaengine wrote:

Nintendo should pick up the phone and see if Criterion would like to co-develop a certain high-speed Nintendo racing franchise we haven't seen for a while

Wave Race U would be far out.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Amigaengine wrote:

Wave Race U would be far out.

Open seas racing game ftw

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

tloc365

Ecto-1 wrote:

Wow, I wasn't really too interested in this, but after seeing that video I am adding it to my ever growing list of games I want to pick up for Wii U.

Same here, I didn't get it on Xbox and Vita, but after reading all the positice comments from devs I pre-ordered.

tloc365

PinkSpider

This is a good little video about the game

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.