Forums

Topic: My one lingering Wii U question

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

tgpitts11

For anyone who gets a Wii U tomorrow, one question: Can you play a game on the Gamepad while simultaneously watching something on the Hulu Plus or Netflix apps on the television? I doubt it, but I haven't seen anyone discuss it.

Thank you!

tgpitts11

TheDreamingHawk

If it's from the wii or another console; yes, but if it's from the Wii U's own apps, no.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

GameLord08

I think it's potentially possible to do so with games that support play solely on the GamePad, e.g. Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Darksiders II and New Super Mario Bros. U.

I'm not sure, but I believe you can also do this with the Wii U's own system (in the latest NoA video, the Wii U menu seems to be accessible while playing on the GamePad), but Nintendo TVii won't be available on the console until a system update is introduced in December. Again, unsure.

Edited on by GameLord08

GameLord08

LzWinky

No

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gamesake

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

If it's from the wii or another console; yes, but if it's from the Wii U's own apps, no.

That would be too bad. You can keep playing NSMBU if someone wants to use the TV. But you can't keep playing NSMBU if someone wants to use the TVii?

...in my pants.

teus

No, you will need another device capable to run Netflix or Hulu+ while you play a game using wit game pad.. The wiiu defiantly cannot multitask

NintendoID: Lazymutant

theblackdragon

@MrWalkieTalkie: if you only knew how many hours i spent multitasking between a handheld game and a TV... even if you're not paying attention to the TV, it's great for background noise. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

HaastMK7

@theblackdragon

Can I race you sometime?

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

SparkOfSpirit

Play a movie on Wii's Netflix (or something else) on the TV and a game on your gamepad.

Problem solved!

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MAB

I have 2 HDTV's sitting next to each other in my lounge room + a laptop and 3DSXL... I have already been doing this multitasking of entertainment for 4 years now

Edited on by MAB

MAB

Super-Mario-Fan

theblackdragon wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie: if you only knew how many hours i spent multitasking between a handheld game and a TV... even if you're not paying attention to the TV, it's great for background noise. :3

That is so true! I just can't play without some backround noice

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

the_shpydar

theblackdragon wrote:

Ha! That's how the vast majority of my gaming time is spent these days.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.