JUN: Bayonetta 2
JUL: Super Smash Bros.
SEP: Wii Sports Club Retail Version
OCT: Hyrule Warriors
NOV: X
NOV: Unknown game that will be first shown at E3 or a Q1/Q2 Nintendo Direct
NOV or DEC: Yarn Yoshi

===========================

I think Nintendo will use Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. to tide us over during the spring and summer months. I’m expecting at least one new game for the fall shopping season that has yes to unveiled, could be a new Mario Party / Wii Party-Play, but hopefully something much more substantial and surprising. I think Retro may have something else up their pocket, considering they boosted there work force during the last two years and Monster Games helped them out with DKC: Tropical Freeze, so they may have dual projects.

I think this year will be absent of a significant Zelda or Mario release for the fall season, so Nintendo will try to boost sales by selling Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. bundles with the Wii U.

With Yoshi’s New Island coming around on the 3DS, some people are clamoring this will be the “Year of Yoshi”, and I think Nintendo may end that with Yarn Yoshi (in either late November or early December), considering we have seen nothing new on it in almost a year, I think Nintendo is waiting for the right time to showcase all the progress it has made.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

Cyberbotv2

An interesting guess. But if that's all Nintendo has, they are toast. I would hope that everything except for X that has been shown arrives by E3. And they better have some huge e shop exclusive titles.

Cyberbotv2

JetForceSetGrind

I see Smash in November or December.

JetForceSetGrind

MAN1AC

That's a pretty optimistic Smash Bros release date.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

LzWinky

Cyberbotv2 wrote:

An interesting guess. But if that's all Nintendo has, they are toast. I would hope that everything except for X that has been shown arrives by E3. And they better have some huge e shop exclusive titles.

Why are you expecting a huge first party presence in the first half of the year?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Cyberbotv2

^ Mainly because the PS4 will be arriving in Japan this spring, and Nintendo cannot afford to sit and wait. Didn't Iwata's project by the end of this quarter, they were to have sold 9 million consoles? The only way that happens is with a strong push early.

Cyberbotv2

LzWinky

Cyberbotv2 wrote:

^ Mainly because the PS4 will be arriving in Japan this spring, and Nintendo cannot afford to sit and wait. Didn't Iwata's project by the end of this quarter, they were to have sold 9 million consoles? The only way that happens is with a strong push early.

I imagine there will be a few big hits coming to Japan but I doubt even then it would make that much of a difference

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

sub12

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I just don't see Smash Bros releasing in July for some reason.

Nintendo has very little 3rd party support for the Wii U this year, so I think they may use Smash Bros. to cover down on the summer months, right after E3. If their goal is to not have a drought, Nintendo will at least need one significant release every two months until the fall shopping season.

sub12

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.