Forums

Topic: Multi-Platform titles you'd like to see on the Wii U

Posts 41 to 52 of 52

cornishlee

CanisWolfred wrote:

^These are never going to be multi-platform, Scarhino...

You'd have liked to have thought that that was obvious...

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

CanisWolfred

cornishlee wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^These are never going to be multi-platform, Scarhino...

You'd have liked to have thought that that was obvious...

Well, it is obvious. Unless Nintendo Goes under next week, those won't be released on anything besides Nintendo's consoles.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Ryno

Gamesake wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Dead or Alive 5.

Touch.

It's coming.

Dead or Alive 5 is coming to Wii U? Source? I have just heard rumors it might.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cornishlee

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Dead or Alive 5 is coming to Wii U? Source? I have just heard rumors it might.

I think probably an educated guess based on the good relationship Team Ninja seem to have with Nintendo right now.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Sean_Aaron

cornishlee wrote:

I've never played Angry Birds and I don't really get what it's about. Would many people really want it on a home console?

It's a fun physics-based puzzle game. I enjoy it most on iPad, but It plays well on phones too. I can't really see the point of having it on anything you cannot directly interact with however - touch screens seem like a must for it - but I couldn't see buying a game just to play it on the Gamepad. I guess if you didn't have an iPad or a smartphone it might be appealing...

BLOG, mail: sean@seansworld.scot
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

cornishlee

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I enjoy it most on iPad, but It plays well on phones too. I can't really see the point of having it on anything you cannot directly interact with however - touch screens seem like a must for it - but I couldn't see buying a game just to play it on the Gamepad. I guess if you didn't have an iPad or a smartphone it might be appealing...

That's pretty much what I was thinking - it's not the kind of game that a console would add anything to and seems perfectly suited to the new portable formats. It wouldn't surprise me if it does appear though. My little brother works out in Taiwan and he says they're mad for it out there - apparently every other item for sale in the markets is Angry Birds merchandise.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Bankai

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Dead or Alive 5.

Touch.

It's coming.

Dead or Alive 5 is coming to Wii U? Source? I have just heard rumors it might.

Gamesake was either referring to 1) Tecmo Koei end up releasing just about every game it can on every platform or

2) The Vita version is out shortly and it has touch controls.

I suspect the former, given it's Gamesake.

On a somewhat unrelated note, every time I hear about haptics being the next big thing in touch screen technology, I literally immediately image the Dead or Alive series.

Edited on by Bankai

skywake

Well the Wii U is getting the first R rated game in Aus in Ninja Gaiden.... so I'd like to see a Wii U version of Mortal Kombat released just before the versions on other platforms. I wouldn't get it, it's not my thing, I want this purely for the lolz.

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Aviator

I doubt Warner Bros will go through the hassle of trying to get MK classified for a third time.

QUEEN OF SASS
In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

Cubits

I would like to see ports which give the hardware a real leg up over competing platforms. Two games strike me as almost being wasted on their current platforms, their difinitive versions would be on Nintendo's hardware:

1) Natural Selection 2: The commander gameplay is a perfect fit for the gamepad, more perfect than using a mouse! Then soldier gameplay can be either with the gamepad, pro controller, or wiimote. Lots of options, great utilisation of the system.

2) War of the Roses: The PC game has brilliant weapon and armour damage mechanics. The actual swinging of weapons is clumsy as hell, and there's a horrible lack of weapon balance across the board. Using "wii sports resort" style controls, weapons would have well telegraphed big swings, bows would feel immersive (archery anyone?!), and crossbows and lances could utilise the wiimote's fantastic IR aiming. The immersion of the controls would boost the viscerality of the game, and if they could just work out the weapon balance it would be an amazing game.

Cubits

cornishlee

Cubits wrote:

2) War of the Roses: The PC game has brilliant weapon and armour damage mechanics. The actual swinging of weapons is clumsy as hell, and there's a horrible lack of weapon balance across the board. Using "wii sports resort" style controls, weapons would have well telegraphed big swings, bows would feel immersive (archery anyone?!), and crossbows and lances could utilise the wiimote's fantastic IR aiming. The immersion of the controls would boost the viscerality of the game, and if they could just work out the weapon balance it would be an amazing game.

You make this sound like Red Steel 3 (and that's a good thing in my book).

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic