Forums

Topic: Most anticipated Wii U game......

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

The_Ninja

Untitled

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CaviarMeths

skywake wrote:

I saw a digital code in a box for Child of Light at a retailer for $30AU. Which is odd because the game was $20AU on the eShop.... but not that odd because that game is definitely worth $30AU

Why does Australia's powers-that-be try so hard to prevent anyone from taking an interest in video gaming? It's like the entire industry is run by the Soup Nazi.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamz

While it's a bit premature to declare it digital GOTY, it should definitely be a nominee. I would have happily paid full retail price for the game. For $15, it's an unreal value.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

skywake

Just found out that the more expensive version is the Deluxe edition. Which doesn't include a disk or anything, it's just a code for the game. However it does include an art book and various other bits and pieces. Anyways...

CaviarMeths wrote:

skywake wrote:

I saw a digital code in a box for Child of Light at a retailer for $30AU. Which is odd because the game was $20AU on the eShop.... but not that odd because that game is definitely worth $30AU

Why does Australia's powers-that-be try so hard to prevent anyone from taking an interest in video gaming? It's like the entire industry is run by the Soup Nazi.

Well in this case it's not that bad given that the US price is $15US for the download. Plus the Australian dollar is slightly weaker now which means the US is paying $16AU and we're paying $20AU. meh, it ain't that bad. I say not as bad because we used to pay $90AU for games that cost $50US in the US a few years back. Now we pay $80AU for games that cost $60US.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

CaviarMeths

$30 for art book + game is a steal. I take back the Soup Nazi comment.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

The_Ninja

CaviarMeths wrote:

$30 for art book + game is a steal.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

jariw

...which is one of the many features that Child of Light doesn't use the GamePad for, giving me the feeling that I play a ported multi-platform game (which it is). But the price of that game is so low, it's more than worth it anyway.

The recent ONM review of Scram Kitty has caused me to have huge expectations on that particular game. But unfortunately, that game doesn't seem to contain trolls.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Action51

Dreamz wrote:

While it's a bit premature to declare it digital GOTY, it should definitely be a nominee. I would have happily paid full retail price for the game. For $15, it's an unreal value.

Wow...I have put off purchasing Child of Light because I'm highly skeptical of Ubisoft, but I keep hearing so many good things about it. (despite the Wii U getting a dumbed down 720p version)

• Does Child of Light allow exploration, or does it walk you along a rail?
  • Is there difficulty, or will you be able to just tap basic and occasionally more powerful attacks to win every battle with little worry?
  • Are there multiple equippable items and variable skill trees, or are weapon and ability level ups basically static?

If anyone can answer those for me, I'd appreciate it.

Action51

jariw

I haven't played the game until the end yet, but:

Action51 wrote:

• Does Child of Light allow exploration, or does it walk you along a rail?

You follow a main story, but can do some detours along the way.

Action51 wrote:

• Is there difficulty, or will you be able to just tap basic and occasionally more powerful attacks to win every battle with little worry?

That's dependent on the difficulty level you're playing on.

Action51 wrote:

• Are there multiple equippable items and variable skill trees, or are weapon and ability level ups basically static?

You follow one or more of the available skill "paths".

jariw

unrandomsam

Is uplay mandatory on the Wii U version ? (Cannot believe they have been allowed to put that garbage anywhere near the eshop).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Hy8ogen

My most anticipated game for 2014 is definitely Batman Arkham Knight. Imagine what the gamepad can do! Like driving the thumbler and stuff! Can't wait!

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

CheapCheepBeach

Hy8ogen wrote:

My most anticipated game for 2014 is definitely Batman Arkham Knight. Imagine what the gamepad can do! Like driving the thumbler and stuff! Can't wait!

Coming to Wii U 2014!

CheapCheepBeach

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

memoryman3 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Coming to Wii U 2014!

Day 1 purchase fo sho man.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Gingadreadman

I'd definitely say the most anticipated game is Super Smash Bros 4.

Gingadreadman

3DS Friend Code: 0791-3211-1175 | Nintendo Network ID: Gingadreadman

GerudoKing

... Unfortunately, Arkham Knight is not coming to the Wii U.

GerudoKing

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.