Forums

Topic: More Zelda Wii U info will be revealed at E3 2014, Eiji Aonuma

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Azooooz

Mashable.com interviewed Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma about The Legend of Zelda franchise, and one of the questions asked in the interview was to tell anything about Zelda Wii U:

Mashable:Can you tell us anything about the Wii U Zelda game?

Aonuma: I'll say more at E3 2014.

source http://mashable.com/2013/10/14/legend-of-zelda-aonuma/

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

shingi_70

shocking news.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Snagrio

What does he mean by "more" anyway? It's not like he's given out any real information prior, at least technically.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

shocking news.

Indeed

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

Damn it now I can't wait until next year's E3.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

parallaxscroll

As expected.

E3 2014 will be for Zelda U what E3 2010 was for Skyward Sword where they talked about it and showed a single piece of artwork.

Late 2015 release almost confirmed.

parallaxscroll

mamp

"link has new colored boots" - Aonuma's definition of more info.
Can't wait a whole year to hear about this XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

kkslider5552000

After this year's E3, I feel confident in saying that Nintendo should never announce games being at E3 ahead of time, unless we've already seen trailers for them.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sidewinder

I can't wait.

Sidewinder

cookiex

parallaxscroll wrote:

As expected.

E3 2014 will be for Zelda U what E3 2010was for Skyward Sword where they talked about it and showed a single piece of artwork.

Wrong year.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

parallaxscroll

cookiex wrote:

parallaxscroll wrote:

As expected.

E3 2014 will be for Zelda U what E3 2010was for Skyward Sword where they talked about it and showed a single piece of artwork.

Wrong year.

There's almost zero chance for a late 2014 release. I think anyone hoping for that will most likely be sorely disappointed. With Wind Waker HD being a training exercise for the new game, I wouldn't expect the new one to get released only 1 year after. So late 2015 at the soonest.

Unless you're thinking it won't be out until 2016, which would not surprise me at all.

parallaxscroll

BandG

I really believe at latest it will be out late 2015, probably earlier. I think this because Aonuma said that they were going to show Zelda wii u at E3 2013, but at the last moment decided not to. I'm very confused to why they are choosing now to show it a full year later.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

TheLilK98

BandG wrote:

I really believe at latest it will be out late 2015, probably earlier. I think this because Aonuma said that they were going to show Zelda wii u at E3 2013, but at the last moment decided not to. I'm very confused to why they are choosing now to show it a full year later.

Probably because they were still debating what art style to use at the time, and began to focus on WWHD instead. Now that that's out of the way, it's back to the main event. Based on the fact that they probably had enough gameplay to show off at e3, I'm calling mid-late 2014 or early 2015

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

BandG

TheLilK98 wrote:

BandG wrote:

Probably because they were still debating what art style to use at the time, and began to focus on WWHD instead. Now that that's out of the way, it's back to the main event. Based on the fact that they probably had enough gameplay to show off at e3, I'm calling mid-late 2014 or early 2015

agreed

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

triforcepower73

parallaxscroll wrote:

As expected.

E3 2014 will be for Zelda U what E3 2010 was for Skyward Sword where they talked about it and showed a single piece of artwork.

Hopefully they've learned from that though. I think that's one of the reasons it sold less than expected. People just loss interest because they released it so much later than when they announced it. When they know that Zelda U is 100% complete, like when they delayed SS from 2010 to 2011 to work out some of the bosses or whatever, then they should announce it like 4 or 5 months from its release.

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

kkslider5552000

triforcepower73 wrote:

parallaxscroll wrote:

As expected.

Hopefully they've learned from that though. I think that's one of the reasons it sold less than expected. People just loss interest because they released it so much later than when they announced it. When they know that Zelda U is 100% complete, like when they delayed SS from 2010 to 2011 to work out some of the bosses or whatever, then they should announce it like 4 or 5 months from its release.

The only reason there would be a decrease in sales (which I've not heard of, it seemed to do quite well for a late 2011 release) would be because of people abandoning the console at that point. In fact, that makes less sense because Wii actually had other games out in late 2010 so it would just be competing with other Nintendo titles.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

triforcepower73

kkslider5552000 wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

parallaxscroll wrote:

As expected.

The only reason there would be a decrease in sales (which I've not heard of, it seemed to do quite well for a late 2011 release) would be because of people abandoning the console at that point. In fact, that makes less sense because Wii actually had other games out in late 2010 so it would just be competing with other Nintendo titles.

This is where I got some of my thoughts. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/talking_point_why_sk...

MAN1AC

Nintendo seems really desperate with these announcements on what they'll be presenting at E3 months in advance.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

triforcepower73

MAN1AC wrote:

Nintendo seems really desperate with these announcements on what they'll be presenting at E3 months in advance.

He was asked for information in an interview about Zelda U. He wasn't announcing it. He was just giving the interviewer the only answer he was allowed to give probably.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.