Wii U Forum

Topic: More details about Smash Brothers on the Wii U/ 3DS

Showing 21 to 40 of 59

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

21. Posted:

I don't know is I like this....I hope its not true. I prefer Smash Bros. to stay purely Nintendo with just a couple splashes of outside companies. I don't like the idea of half and half...

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

22. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

I don't know is I like this....I hope its not true. I prefer Smash Bros. to stay purely Nintendo with just a couple splashes of outside companies. I don't like the idea of half and half...

Sorry, this is completely 100% no-doubt truthful true. I mean, did you honestly think that this wouldn't happen? WaltzElf is obviously a very reliable source.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LittleKing

23. Posted:

:D
Indeed. Waltz is 100% accurate. VERY reliable. I know a reliable source when I see one, my fine friend, and there's no one more reliable than someone who has a Chocobo as their avatar. Or maybe a Moogle. I've found Slimes to be semi-reliable, too.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

John-John

24. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

Hmm, Square Enix and Nintendo have been cross-collaborating a lot recently, so it's not that far-fetched to me. I'm sure that if they retain SSB's prominence in the title and keep the fighting mechanics the same, it should do pretty well.

Ok I didn't expect anyone to take me seriously. So that in itself means it just might happen - since games developers tend to know what is a good idea and what isn't and, well, there's Fortune Street to prove the characters work well together.

Frankly, it should happen. Square Enix and Nintendo absolutely dominate the industry's most loved characters, so bringing them together in a Smash Brothers game just makes sense.

Even if not a full cross over, Chocobo, Moogle, Slime and one or two of the Final Fantasy characters should put in an appearence.

I thought you were serious and I was like noooooooooooo. D: It's Nintendo's all stars. I don't even know much about all these other characters everyone's mentioning!

John-John

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

25. Posted:

IDK. I heard that as well, but where I heard it nintendo didn't sound so sure. They stated it would be hard to put the different style game characters together.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ToadFan

26. Posted:

I do agree that the next Super Smash Bros will have a couple SE's Characters (Moggle, Chocobo, Slime, White Mage, etc) but I'm not that sure it will be like Square Enix VS Nintendo, also the head leader of Super Smash said that they haven't even decided what characters will be in the game yet: http://bit.ly/mShIl6

ToadFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

27. Posted:

If a silly Chocobo takes Ness' spot, then I will be beating it with Kirby and Jigglypuff for eternity.

But no, seriously? Smash Brothers best stay Smash Bros. Because that's the appeal. And I'm talking about the gameplay. Street Fighter isn't my type of fighter. Maybe the VS. styled games, but I prefer the chaotic, free, and uncomplicated gameplay of Smash Bros.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

28. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

If a silly Chocobo takes Ness' spot, then I will be beating it with Kirby and Jigglypuff for eternity.

But no, seriously? Smash Brothers best stay Smash Bros. Because that's the appeal. And I'm talking about the gameplay. Street Fighter isn't my type of fighter. Maybe the VS. styled games, but I prefer the chaotic, free, and uncomplicated gameplay of Smash Bros.

Wut? And this relates to Square Enix how? :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

29. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

If a silly Chocobo takes Ness' spot, then I will be beating it with Kirby and Jigglypuff for eternity.

But no, seriously? Smash Brothers best stay Smash Bros. Because that's the appeal. And I'm talking about the gameplay. Street Fighter isn't my type of fighter. Maybe the VS. styled games, but I prefer the chaotic, free, and uncomplicated gameplay of Smash Bros.

Because Sonic and Solid Snake are "staying" Smash Brothers, but Chocobo wouldn't be.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

30. Posted:

... I don't get what you're saying.

But you're sounding like them journalists on IGN with the "This should happen" articles they put up in regards to Animal Crossing and Wario Ware being on iPhone, when in fact their suggestions pretty much matches what the 3DS can and already does...

But anyhow, I don't mind if Sonic or Snake stays, really. More characters is a good thing and variety is what I like.

Not insulted in the least.

@Iz Don't be too quick- I never said anything about Smash Bros' gameplay turning to something like Street Fighter is related to Square Enix. I was subtly referring to someone's post about how he wouldn't want Smash Bros to turn into something like Street Fighter, and because originally, Waltz mentioned "Capcom-esque" along those lines.

Don't read far into things.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

31. Posted:

More characters is a good thing and variety is what I like.

So how would a hypothetical Smash Brothers Vs Square Enix, then, since you're pro variety, mean that Smash Brothers won't be Smash Brothers?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

32. Posted:

Ugh, no Square Enix characters...the closest thing I want to Square Enix in this game is Geno/Mario RPG references.

So yeah, hope this stays fake. :P

Edited on by MetalMario

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

33. Posted:

... Waltz.

I'm talking about the gameplay changing as a problem. Not Smash Bros. having SE characters. I don't have a problem with that.

Are you reading things backwards or something?

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

34. Posted:

I'm talking about the gameplay changing as a problem. Not Smash Bros. having SE characters. I don't have a problem with that.

Why are you assuming that a hypothetical Smash Brothers Vs Square Enix game would change the gameplay?

In other words you're not actually making any sense to this topic.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

35. Posted:

I am making perfect sense because I don't think a Square Enix crossover would drastically change the gameplay. I think I made that perfectly clear 4 comments ago.

Let's just say I was being hypothetical about Smash Bros. turning into something like Street Fighter regardless if SE was involved or not and how I think it'd ruin the series for what it is. And it has nothing to do with SE being involved, just to make sure you understand.

Sheesh.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

36. Posted:

I am making perfect sense because I don't think a Square Enix crossover would drastically change the gameplay. I think I made that perfectly clear 4 comments ago.

No, you're assuming something very random, and completely unrelated to this topic. There is nothing to indicate that even a hypothetical cross over game would change anything about the gameplay, especially since Square Enix's involvement in Mario Sports Mix didn't change much at all about how Mario sports games play - it plays exactly like any other Mario Sports game. Clearly Nintendo and Square Enix are aligned about this stuff.

Sheesh.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

37. Posted:

Whatever you say.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

38. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

Whatever you say.

So back on topic: I would hate if Smash Brothers started playing like a Call of Duty game because of Square Enix's involvement!

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

39. Posted:

Not funny.

Try harder and you may get a chuckle :P

Maybe.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

40. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

Not funny.

Try harder and you may get a chuckle :P

Maybe.

Hey, you were the one that made that kind of comment, I was just copying you. If it's not funny that's your fault.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)