Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Wii U

Posts 121 to 131 of 131

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

lzbirdboy wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Koops3 wrote:

Monster hunter MUST be a launch title. Nintendo is good friends with Capcom and having Monster Hunter Wii u would lure hardcore gamers in.

I don't see how "friendship" would be enough for Capcom to commit financial suicide.

Isn't Monster Hunter like the Call of Duty of Japan? It'll sell like crazy no matter what?

Selling like crazy to 100,000 or 200,000 or however many consoles will sell at launch will still not hit Capcom's sales targets for a premier franchise.

When an important game undersells, company share value falls and suddenly the company finds itself with limited resources.

For the exact same reason a Dragon Quest game will not launch on the Wii U, a Monster Hunter game will not launch on it. Those games need to sell millions, not thousands.

Here we go again.

Games sell consoles. New consoles need big-name games to entice buyers. Launching in Japan with a big game like Monster Hunter will lure in all the MH fanboys, ensuring strong sales for a while. Then when sales die down (which is inevitable), another big franchise can come out and boost sales.

It's a cycle that happens all the time. More developer support = more games released. More available games = more console sales.

What's the point of getting a new game system if there are no big games for it during it's first few months? Game systems live and die by their games. Look at the N64. After the launch of Super Mario 64, the system went through months without any high-profile releases. As a result, less systems were sold. More third-party support was on the PS1 and gamers bought that system in droves.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

erv

Whatever. I'm buying the awesomeness.

But as a launch title? Nah. I think capcom will want to keep their names high, so to speak, and therefore be able to use more of the wiiU potential that'll undoubtedly be untapped during the launch timeframe. Plus - some more sales through different catalysts will probably happen, resulting in a bigger install base before taking advantage of that very fact.

Monster hunter is a huge franchise, but capcom will probably want to keep it that way by actually making a great and fine-tuned game that lasts.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Arcanum

zezhyrule wrote:

Arcanum wrote:

I didn't mean they are the same in the sense that they do the same things, I meant in the design of them. I see tiny Bows in each Bowgun and yes I have tried the Bow and the mechanics and the skills required are different, but they still are similar in terms of design.
Your right about the melee weapons but...well I don't see them that way because they use totally different fight styles....Except for maybe the SnS and the DS because they both use the hack and slash style.

You keep going on about design, no one cares about design, it's the gameplay that matters. There are a couple of LSs that look like a GS, so lets just get rid of the GS class, right?

And don't forget Lance and GL which are basically the same in MHFU except for the latter's shelling.

Fine, fine, fine. I only said it cause you (or someone else I forget who) responded. You also sound a bit annoyed by me so I'm sorry if I said anything offensive to you bro. I only said that because I like underwater hunting...

Again sorry if I offended you bro.

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

zezhyrule

@arcanum: yeah, I'm sorry, I just don't see the big deal about cosmetic designs, it's no reason to take a weapon out of the game D:

erv wrote:

Whatever. I'm buying the awesomeness.

What 'awesomeness' are you planning on buying? MHWiiU Hasn't been announced yet, this is just a speculation thread.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

komicturtle

I liked swimming underwater, but not fighting Lagi, Gobul and that other monster that's yellow. I kept saying "Get out of the damn water so I can beat the s**t outta you!"

But that large underwater section in the woods (not flooded forest, the one outside of town- Mogul Woods? I forget the name) actually made it fun fighting Lagiacrus.

komicturtle

zezhyrule

Deserted Island you're thinking of. And I know exactly that you mean, it was fun gathering and stuff under there, but underwater fighting was just tedious. It was a cool idea, but one that either needs to be refined or thrown out. Because if I actually hate battles underwater compared to land, something is wrong lol
dodging was so different. I got hit way more underwater than on land Dx

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Yes please ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Bankai

tendoboy1984 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

lzbirdboy wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Koops3 wrote:

Monster hunter MUST be a launch title. Nintendo is good friends with Capcom and having Monster Hunter Wii u would lure hardcore gamers in.

I don't see how "friendship" would be enough for Capcom to commit financial suicide.

Isn't Monster Hunter like the Call of Duty of Japan? It'll sell like crazy no matter what?

Selling like crazy to 100,000 or 200,000 or however many consoles will sell at launch will still not hit Capcom's sales targets for a premier franchise.

When an important game undersells, company share value falls and suddenly the company finds itself with limited resources.

For the exact same reason a Dragon Quest game will not launch on the Wii U, a Monster Hunter game will not launch on it. Those games need to sell millions, not thousands.

Here we go again.

Games sell consoles. New consoles need big-name games to entice buyers. Launching in Japan with a big game like Monster Hunter will lure in all the MH fanboys, ensuring strong sales for a while. Then when sales die down (which is inevitable), another big franchise can come out and boost sales.

It's a cycle that happens all the time. More developer support = more games released. More available games = more console sales.

What's the point of getting a new game system if there are no big games for it during it's first few months? Game systems live and die by their games. Look at the N64. After the launch of Super Mario 64, the system went through months without any high-profile releases. As a result, less systems were sold. More third-party support was on the PS1 and gamers bought that system in droves.

Here we go again.

It's not CAPCOM's responsibility to sell NINTENDO consoles. It's CAPCOM's responsibility to make as much money as possible, because otherwise the shareholders (you know, the ones that own Capcom) get pissed off. That's why consoles very rarely launch with good quality THIRD PARTY games from established, major franchises, because there's no benefit to the publisher of those games.

Look at Samurai Warriors Chronicles. In Japan, that franchise is massive. Because it launched the 3DS, it sold substantially under what the PS3/ Wii games have done. It's just as well for TK that it mostly reused Wii assets. If it was a game that was built from scratch, it would have been considered a failure. Yes, the 3DS got a major third party franchise (in Japan), but that didn't help TK any now, did it? (that said, I suspect Nintendo invested in TK's 3DS support, DoA and Samurai Warriors are pretty significant games, and Nintendo did publish them in some regions. A deal was probably made somewhere)

I really don't understand why people insist that publishers should lose money to Nintendo's benefit. It's an insane suggestion that hurts the gamers in the long run (underselling game = less profit = less money for making new games = Mega Man games cancelled).

The only way a console will launch with a Monster Hunter game is if Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony paid Capcom significant money, or provided some other big kickback, to make it happen. The same goes for Call of Duty, Final Fantasy and any other major franchise out there.

Arcanum

Didn't Nintendo say somewhere that they are willing to help out 3rd party games by investing in them? I forget where, but I read it somewhere. Is that what it is you mean? orrrr...?

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Nintendo6400

Yeah they said that.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Bankai

Arcanum wrote:

Didn't Nintendo say somewhere that they are willing to help out 3rd party games by investing in them? I forget where, but I read it somewhere. Is that what it is you mean? orrrr...?

The question is if Nintendo's willingness will extend far enough to compensate for the lack of numbers a launch Monster Hunter Wii U game would sell.

I doubt it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.