Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Wii U

Posts 101 to 120 of 131

Dynetheous

my bad haha ill say MHFO from now on well if sales pick up on the 3ds maybe they'll put a MH game on that, so there might be a bigger audience than the WiiU, i guess its up to us to make capcom see that the USA has a big audience for MH.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

komicturtle

When I finally move in a house, I'll boot up MHTri again. I need to beat offline pronto and beat Rathalos who's that brick wall in my way.

Anyhow, I do hope MHO does make it to the states at some point. I would pay monthly for that game, no doubt.

And about changing the formula- I'm with you on that. Althought I wanted an open world, in the back of my mind I thought about the cons in the way MH plays. Of course, if Capcom figures this out and it ends up being workable, like you, I'm all for it

komicturtle

Arcanum

komicturtle92 wrote:

And about changing the formula- I'm with you on that. Althought I wanted an open world, in the back of my mind I thought about the cons in the way MH plays. Of course, if Capcom figures this out and it ends up being workable, like you, I'm all for it

LOL I can imagine more of an open world MH...Jho chasing you EVERYWHERE. LOLOLOL! "Jho get outa here! I'm trying to hunt this frekkin los! NOT you!......NOOO!! D:< That trap was for the los!" rages for 10 min.

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Arcanum

Zephren wrote:

and if there can be fire/explosions and your able to shoot bowguns underwater then arrows should be able shoot through the water, just saying,

ikr I also don't really understand. The way Bowguns work is similar to normal Bows. The gun has that little rubber band thingy that Bows have as the mechanism to shoot arrows so Why cant bows do the same? goes to watch video on Bow in MHP3rd actually...that little power thing the arrows do when it flies into the air and it rains arrows looks pretty hard to be able to pull off underwater. Not that it can't be done in a video game...It's just that MH has always been a bit...like it has a sort of physics engine that they stick to. Not sure how to explain that so I'll just leave it at that.

Edited on by Arcanum

Currently playing:
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Dynetheous

sounds good @arcanum all i know is that i want my bow back

zezhyrule

Yeah I tested out the bow some in MHFU, and it seems like it would be pretty hard to pull off while not on level ground. I see why they took it out for the water. imo who needs water? it was a cool idea, but maybe it will be abandoned to only MHT. I mean, you can't tell me you would rather fight underwater than on ground, right?

actually... I do kinda enjoy underwater battles, but after playing MHFU so much, going on MHT with all the water is just... wet! or something...

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Dynetheous

It was a new experience and all but i like killing monsters on land. the underwater was alright, but i wasn't to impressed.
so my final verdict BOW>UNDERWATER there you go thats what i think, id rather have a bow than underwater battles, but who knows maybe capcom will come up with a even cooler weapon :3

Edited on by Dynetheous

Arcanum

I really loved the Under Water Hunting. It was a whole new way of hunting that required different skills. It is a new challenge that requires different strategy's. It is a welcome twist on hunting that just seems so right and fits with the atmosphere Monster Hunter creates. And it just opens many window's of opportunity's for different Monsters, Weapon attributes, and armor skills. It's an all around welcome addition to Monster Hunter, and even though I would most certainly enjoy the inclusion of the Bow, I still would vote Underwater hunting over just 1 more weapon that is pretty much the same as the ALMIGHTY Bowgun. I know blades are also the same in some factors and all, but Bow and Bowgun are much more the same compared to the similarities in blades(so no arguing about that). Even the frekkin names are the same!(not literally, but you know what I mean). Don't get me wrong, I would love for Capcom to include the Bow and Under Water Hunting. But if they can't...than.... yeah Underwater Hunting all the way.

Edited on by Arcanum

Currently playing:

Kyloctopus

Monster hunter MUST be a launch title. Nintendo is good friends with Capcom and having Monster Hunter Wii u would lure hardcore gamers in.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

irken004

Koops3 wrote:

Nintendo is good friends with Capcom

What world do you live in?

Edited on by irken004

zezhyrule

@arcanum: Yeah, um... Have you used a Bow? 'cause they're no where near the same as bowguns. At all. Really, look up some info on them, there are lots of melee weapons that are more similar than the Bow and LBG/HBG.

Edited on by zezhyrule

Dynetheous

Thank you @zezhyrule i just read what arcanum said and i was like "bowgun and the bow are definitely not the same, by far." im sure if @arcanum, if you tried the bow then you would might rethink the Bow>underwater fights.

LzWinky

WaltzElf wrote:

Koops3 wrote:

Monster hunter MUST be a launch title. Nintendo is good friends with Capcom and having Monster Hunter Wii u would lure hardcore gamers in.

I don't see how "friendship" would be enough for Capcom to commit financial suicide.

Isn't Monster Hunter like the Call of Duty of Japan? It'll sell like crazy no matter what?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bankai

lzbirdboy wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Koops3 wrote:

I don't see how "friendship" would be enough for Capcom to commit financial suicide.

Isn't Monster Hunter like the Call of Duty of Japan? It'll sell like crazy no matter what?

Selling like crazy to 100,000 or 200,000 or however many consoles will sell at launch will still not hit Capcom's sales targets for a premier franchise.

When an important game undersells, company share value falls and suddenly the company finds itself with limited resources.

For the exact same reason a Dragon Quest game will not launch on the Wii U, a Monster Hunter game will not launch on it. Those games need to sell millions, not thousands.

zezhyrule

Agree with Waltz, and might I add that the western MH fanbase is not at all large enough to warrant a worldwide simultaneous release of a MH game, not to mention on a new console that has zero in terms of fanbase. Sure, all the 5m+ MH lovers in Japan might buy a Wii U just for that, but the cost of localizing it for so many different places when it won't even sell many copies at all, isn't very smart.

correct me if I am wrong please, I don't wanna sound stupid D:

Edit: I also wanted to say that a PS3 release of MH4 would be smart, because lots of Japanese MHers bought one for Ad-Hoc Party, so they could play MH PSP online. AHP even has a special MH-themed server in Japan. So since they already have a PS3...

and it's region free...

Edited on by zezhyrule

Arcanum

zezhyrule wrote:

@arcanum: Yeah, um... Have you used a Bow? 'cause they're no where near the same as bowguns. At all. Really, look up some info on them, there are lots of melee weapons that are more similar than the Bow and LBG/HBG.

I didn't mean they are the same in the sense that they do the same things, I meant in the design of them. I see tiny Bows in each Bowgun and yes I have tried the Bow and the mechanics and the skills required are different, but they still are similar in terms of design.
Your right about the melee weapons but...well I don't see them that way because they use totally different fight styles....Except for maybe the SnS and the DS because they both use the hack and slash style.

Zephren wrote:

Thank you @zezhyrule i just read what arcanum said and i was like "bowgun and the bow are definitely not the same, by far." im sure if @arcanum, if you tried the bow then you would might rethink the Bow>underwater fights.

I....don't think I would exchange a whole new hunt system/challenge thingy for the Bow. I hope to have both and I do so adore the Bow (2nd place on my list of favorites ((which happens to be two weapons long since I don't "love" Blades...not that I hate them but I don't use them is all (((Bowgun takes first by a landslide btw))), but not enough merit the exclusion of Underwater hunting

Edited on by Arcanum

Currently playing:

Dynetheous

i dont see why we cant have both, i mean underwater fights are cool, and i really want the bow, why wouldn't the bow work underwater anyways? although if capcom come up with a really cool new weapon (not a blade weapon), other than the bow, then i guess i would be fine with that.

but we first have to get America to play monster hunter, other wise we will never see a monster hunter on the WiiU.

Arcanum

Zephren wrote:

i dont see why we cant have both, i mean underwater fights are cool, and i really want the bow, why wouldn't the bow work underwater anyways? although if capcom come up with a really cool new weapon (not a blade weapon), other than the bow, then i guess i would be fine with that.

but we first have to get America to play monster hunter, other wise we will never see a monster hunter on the WiiU.

Agreed with all of what you said.

Currently playing:

zezhyrule

Arcanum wrote:

I didn't mean they are the same in the sense that they do the same things, I meant in the design of them. I see tiny Bows in each Bowgun and yes I have tried the Bow and the mechanics and the skills required are different, but they still are similar in terms of design.
Your right about the melee weapons but...well I don't see them that way because they use totally different fight styles....Except for maybe the SnS and the DS because they both use the hack and slash style.

You keep going on about design, no one cares about design, it's the gameplay that matters. There are a couple of LSs that look like a GS, so lets just get rid of the GS class, right?

And don't forget Lance and GL which are basically the same in MHFU except for the latter's shelling.

Edited on by zezhyrule

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.