Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,519

Chrono_Cross

I beat the Arzuros with the crappiest long sword known to man, default armor and used no healing items with no deaths!

I should calm down.

Edit: And Great Jaggi and Querepeco.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

andreoni79

Just put my hands on my copy... it's so light! Than I saw the "manual" ...
Will there be problems if I register the game today, considering that in Europe it officially hits the shelves on Friday?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

LittleKing

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I beat the Arzuros with the crappiest long sword known to man, default armor and used no healing items with no deaths!

I should calm down.

Edit: And Great Jaggi and Qurupeco.

I thought that was immensely impressive until I remembered that Arzuros is the official name for Aoashira and not some new Elder Dragon. Oh well.

I still remember trying to kill that Lagiacrus in Tri's Monster Guts mission with the starter Lance after being told to flee for my life. After fifty minutes of bouncing off his shell, I realized that he couldn't be killed and I felt like an idiot. So, at least you actually accomplished something.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

Chrono_Cross

Metabble_King wrote:

I thought that was immensely impressive until I remembered that Arzuros is the official name for Aoashira and not some new Elder Dragon. Oh well.

I still remember trying to kill that Lagiacrus in Tri's Monster Guts mission with the starter Lance after being told to flee for my life. After fifty minutes of bouncing off his shell, I realized that he couldn't be killed and I felt like an idiot. So, at least you actually accomplished something.

I know, it's kind of pointless bragging. woot

You could've probably killed him if you had a stronger weapon. But at least you tried!

Just for you.

SCRAPPER392

How do I know what monsters are which? Is there an encyclopedia in the game? I don't know the monsters' names and I don't want to use Google.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

How do I know what monsters are which? Is there an encyclopedia in the game? I don't know the monsters' names and I don't want to use Google.

Yes there is an encyclopaedia but the easiest way is when you hunt them the request will tell you with it picture!

You have to meet them first before they register in the encyclopaedia.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ThomasBW84

Tech101 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Yes there is an encyclopaedia but the easiest way is when you hunt them the request will tell you with it picture!

You have to meet them first before they register in the encyclopaedia.

You can also buy books from the store in Moga Village, they fill out your hunter notes with more details on all of the "main" monsters

Edited on by ThomasBW84

ThomasBW84

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

LittleKing

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Metabble_King wrote:

I know, it's kind of pointless bragging. woot

You could've probably killed him if you had a stronger weapon. But at least you tried!

Actually, his HP was hard coded. I probably should've killed him by the fifteen minute mark, but they put a lower cap on his HP so that you have to wait for an "official" Hunt the Lagiacrus quest later. I did get a tail carve, though. My biggest accomplishment ever was solo dual Deviljho (AKA Rage Match) in the arena online in Tri. It sounds impressive, but all I did was put the two Deviljho to sleep near the Dragonator, place some LBB+ and hit the button. Did that twice, turtled a little and they were dead.

I think I've died more times to Gigginox than Deviljho. My first ever cart back to base was when he shimmied above me on the ceiling and devoured me whilst I mined Blood Stones. I'm still not sure which one is more, um, explicit looking; gigginox or khezu. I swear, I don't know whether I should laugh or scream.

Anyone who's played Tri and/or Portable 3rd care to comment on the difficulty? Is it the same difficulty as Tri? As easy as P3rd? Harder?

@SCAR32

That big dragon is probably a Rathian. Try gathering some Dung and combining it with a Bomb Casing. That results in a Dung Bomb, which can be thrown at monsters like Rathian to scare them away from the area. It's usually easier to scare away Qurupeco than Rathian, though. If you throw a Sonic Bomb (Screamer + Gunpowder IIRC) at Qurupeco when he cries out, you'll silence him.

LittleKing

Chrono_Cross

Metabble_King wrote:

Actually, his HP was hard coded. I probably should've killed him by the fifteen minute mark, but they put a lower cap on his HP so that you have to wait for an "official" Hunt the Lagiacrus quest later. I did get a tail carve, though. My biggest accomplishment ever was solo dual Deviljho (AKA Rage Match) in the arena online in Tri. It sounds impressive, but all I did was put the two Deviljho to sleep near the Dragonator, place some LBB+ and hit the button. Did that twice, turtled a little and they were dead.

I think I've died more times to Gigginox than Deviljho. My first ever cart back to base was when he shimmied above me on the ceiling and devoured me whilst I mined Blood Stones. I'm still not sure which one is more, um, explicit looking; gigginox or khezu. I swear, I don't know whether I should laugh or scream.

Anyone who's played Tri and/or Portable 3rd care to comment on the difficulty? Is it the same difficulty as Tri? As easy as P3rd? Harder?

I never knew that. It makes sense though, that would be sort of sequence breaking if you could (even though it would be awesome to accomplish).

I've had a few good matches. A friend and I killed a Deviljho+ in under five minutes. We tried it again and beat a Barioth as well in a little over ten. Not that astonishing though. With my friends we hunted a Agnaktor and Uragaan and I didn't even use a potion. Though, I hate Gigginox so much, I avoided fighting it as much as possible. I feel your pain!

Ultimate is about the same difficulty as Tri. I'm not entirely sure because I'm only on the four star quests. There's a learning curve for me due to the new weapons. Face it, they're irresistible.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

SCRAPPER392

Ok. I know about the books, and I was going to buy them when the trader came to town to get 1/2 off, but of course those weren't part of the deal... I'm getting pretty accustomed to the game, this being my first of the series, but accidentally skipping half of the tutorial set me back quite a bit at first.

Is it important to complete every quest whether you did the urgent one or not?

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

Money and practice is vital if you're expecting to play the game after you complete the offline.

Just for you.

Mrrikki

My copy arrives in the morning, can't wait to play it!

Mrrikki

LittleKing

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I never knew that. It makes sense though, that would be sort of sequence breaking if you could (even though it would be awesome to accomplish).

I've had a few good matches. A friend and I killed a Deviljho+ in under five minutes. We tried it again and beat a Barioth as well in a little over ten. Not that astonishing though. With my friends we hunted a Agnaktor and Uragaan and I didn't even use a potion. Though, I hate Gigginox so much, I avoided fighting it as much as possible. I feel your pain!

Ultimate is about the same difficulty as Tri. I'm not entirely sure because I'm only on the four star quests. There's a learning curve for me due to the new weapons. Face it, they're irresistible.

You mean World Eater Deviljho, right? That's a good time. I remember someone got 3 Deviljho Gems in a row on the first one he killed, while I had been farming for hours without getting one. Well, lower odds with a larger number of chances means higher deviation to the extremities.

For example, if the drop has a 50% drop rate and you carve 2 times, the average number you'll get is 1. The chance of getting one or more is 75%.
Now, if the drop rate is 2% and you carve 50 times, the average number you'll get is still 1. The chance of getting one or more, however, drops to 63.5%. Since we need fewer of rarer drops, it becomes especially noticeable. More people get more than one, which is balanced out by more people getting none. So, instead of two guys getting one, one guy getting none and one guy getting two, you have stuff like two guys getting two and two guys getting none. Same average, more concentrated distribution, BOOM; desire sensor myth. At least, that's what I think. I still pat the pig, though.

I felt that the difficulty curve in Tri was just right as a beginner, so it's good to know that it's similar this time around. I'm still not sure whether or not to get the game, though, considering I've played Portable 3rd. It's too bad the 3DS version doesn't have online co-op.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

SCRAPPER392

Well, I just beat the Great Jaggi in that desert.

Qwest

Razalom

2 more days

Fun watching the twitch streams though

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

Aviator

Break street date Australians!!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

cyrex

1 day and too many hours left

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

Razalom

Aviator wrote:

Break street date Australians!!

In our dreams

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

Bloodysaber

Anyone down for some low rank quests? I'd like to start a bow character from scratch.

MHTri
Name: Saber ID: MKV2GQ Rank: 62 Weapon of Choice: Lance
Keyboard/No Wii Speak

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.