Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,519

erv

This is great news, it really is. I hope the lag won't be insane, but whatever - off screen play will be the best thing hat happened to this time consuming series while I play it when everybody else wants to watch something on tv

It's actually a lot of fun to be able to find americans online, and to allow them to enjoy the stubborn and annoying french and german players who refuse to speak anything but their native language. Berliner wurst!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Aviator

Good work Retro. (You did all this so you wouldn't have to bu me a Wii U right).

Oh and prepare to feel bad hunting next to me.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Void

Aviator wrote:

Good work Retro. (You did all this so you wouldn't have to bu me a Wii U right).

But how do we know that the Aussies and the Europeans have the same server?...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Chrono_Cross

Are you sure it's not region locked?

This is too good to be true.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Razalom

Well they have confirmed US can play with EU so guess its region free to a degree as Japan is not mentioned

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

Chrono_Cross

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Yup. Mission accomplished. Took a lot of....dangerous business! But it was worth it.

This is so awesome. I'm probably getting this day one now!

Now we can all play togever.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Joeynator3000

Together forever and ever. (except me, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Void

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Yup. Mission accomplished. Took a lot of....dangerous business! But it was worth it.

This is so awesome. I'm probably getting this day one now!

Now we can all play togever.

Weeeeeell, come April, that is.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Retro_on_theGo

Nardar wrote:

I wanted to let yaw know that Gamestop's bonus for this game is that no matter which version you buy, if you pre-order the game you get a free (digital) strategy guide from Brady games. Which if you think of all that will be in this game, the guide could be useful. Here is the Wii U page. The 3DS page says the same thing. http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/monster-hunter-3-ultimate...

Well that's a really lame bonus. I won't be preordering then.

SCRAPPER392

That seems like a good preorder bonus to me. It's better than no bonus if you're gonna get a physical copy on day one.

I'm getting pretty anxious for this game to come out. I can't resist when a game plays so seamlessly like this(or at least seems to). Same with Bit.Trip Runner 2. There's just no possible way for glitches and out of place events/weird occurrences to happen. The depth actually makes you want to play the game 100%. The graphics and everything are just great. It took me 8 years to finally get a perfect setup for video games(HD more so), and I can already feel all the good games I bought my Wii U for getting closer.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Tasuki

Ok I think I may hold off on Monster Hunter till the April update so that way I can play it off-tv. Plus that will give me time to play LoS:MoF.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gameday

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

MrGawain

I just downloaded the Demo. I've been trying to talk myself into it and although I admit it looks very polished, I found it really... well, dull to be honest. Plus the controls appear to be upside down and arse about face (Why is X attack? attack should always be either Y or B!). Not convinced as I prefer a more narrative game, and I don't play online so it probably loses something that other people find so special.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Jellitoe

MrGawain wrote:

I just downloaded the Demo. I've been trying to talk myself into it and although I admit it looks very polished, I found it really... well, dull to be honest. Plus the controls appear to be upside down and arse about face (Why is X attack? attack should always be either Y or B!). Not convinced as I prefer a more narrative game, and I don't play online so it probably loses something that other people find so special.

Well, This game is not for everyone, one of the biggest parts of this game is hunting with others online.
There is a small story offline, but it takes a back seat to the game itself which consists of preparing equipment for hunting bigger things to then get better equipment to then hunt bigger things to then to then get better equipment to then hunt bigger things to then get better equipment to then hunt bigger things.............

Jellitoe

Twitter:

cornishlee

OK, I have heard that the demo for this isn't great but, having now played that demo, I officially don't get this game. I'm meant to run around a landscape sparsely populated with cute, harmless megafauna and cats? Why?

I've still got NG3: Razor's Edge and Skyward Sword to complete, so I think my next purchase remains some way off.

Edited on by cornishlee

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Lan

cornishlee wrote:

OK, I have heard that the demo for this isn't great but, having now played that demo, I officially don't get this game. I'm meant to run around a landscape sparsely populated with cute, harmless megafauna and cats? Why?

Because it's HD

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Romeo

well...i have never before played castlevania or monster hunter, but i always heard good things
so when the demos got out i was excited... first i tried castlevania - i was REALLY disappointed, so boring... of course the demo is short, but i felt like the game wasn't any good - like i said before in another thread

after that i tried out Monster Hunter and i expected much more... i realize that this franchise is quite big and really popular.. and i don't know what exactly i was expecting, but definitely not something this bad (opinion.)

i choose a mission.. i then pick a class and i set out to hunt down a monster - okay
but wtf is this? 5 mini islands, on each island there are like 2 monsters... it takes me 8seconds to get from one island to another, every time i travel to another island there's a loading screen
controls were annoying (maybe due to lack of circle pad pro support), combat was annoying.. i felt like overall it was just a huge disappointment
i always thought Monster Hunter was more of an open RPG with all kinds stuff, but it turned out to be a pretty lackluster experience (in my opinion)

Romeo

SCRAPPER392

I liked the Wii U demo. It was pretty seamless and looked/sounded pretty good.
The 3DS demo was OK, but nothing without the CPP XL. It's playable, but this game screams CPP on 3DS.
I'm only getting the Wii U version for sure.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Romeo

also... i would like to add:
i couldn't care less about graphics, im not a graphic whore like others - what i care about is gameplay, and all that kind of stuff

and especially in singleplayer games (i realize MH Wii U can also be played online) the story is VERY important
i don't know if it was due to it being a demo... but there was no story whatsoever and from playing the demo... it really looks like you're just a monster hunter and that's all there is to it
i mean.. how is that supposed to get me excited? a singleplayer game with no story... that's just like a movie with no story - or is there one? i wouldn't know.

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.