Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,519

JoyBoy

Aheeem... Remember my name people, it will be shouted from the mountains...

"Far overrrrrr the misty mountains coooold" ....

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

MAB

I bought those AfterGlow wireless headsets with the retractable mic especially for the occasion

@LongForgotten sounds like a name I will easily forget forever

Edited on by MAB

MAB

Lan

Anyone in NA wanna play some Tri?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

TsunamiSensei

Lan wrote:

I'll play. I'm only hr 15 though...

Edited on by TsunamiSensei

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Lan

AmazingPopo_Man wrote:

Lan wrote:

I'll play. I'm only hr 15 though...

It's whatever. I'm around 30 i think. Haven't played in a bit.

Dragon friend safari

TsunamiSensei

@Lan Okay. But did you mean play now or later?

-Skeletor

Lan

AmazingPopo_Man wrote:

@Lan Okay. But did you mean play now or later?

I meant right now. But I'll be up for whenever really.

Dragon friend safari

TsunamiSensei

@Lan I'm good for now, but I can only play for like an hour.

-Skeletor

Lan

Sure. My ID is CAH58L

Dragon friend safari

MERG

With the WiiU I had NO problem taking down the bunny. With the 3DS I failed miserably...I can't work the camera very well. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

And I'm lovin' the dual blades.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Lan

Tried the Switch Axe for the first time, beat Lagombi in record time, I'd say a little over 5 minutes. I love it but don't fully understand it yet.

Edited on by Lan

Dragon friend safari

xBASSxMONSTAx

I never played Monster hunter in my life but I thought I will watch the demo to see what all the fuss is about and my god,you fight the same boss for over 10 minutes. How boring is that?

Not only that but this game looks like its for the hardcore fanbase only I I had no clue on what to do or anything.

My moneys going to that Lego game instead. At least that game is user friendly.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Astraea

Ah, I've been wondering when the Switch Axe question would come up. I only have a 3DS but I'm guessing the buttons work the same way for a CCP.

When you hold the analog stick up, you can continually perform a triple attack by pressing X with one step forward at the start of each combo. You can directly go into Sword Mode by pressing R right after you do the forward chop attack (make sure you're still holding the analog stick up while you're doing this).

In Axe Mode, standing still and pressing X+A will do an upward chop. Right after you do an upward chop (which ever version), you can press A repeatedly to do an infinite number of chops (as long as you have Stamina). Press X while doing the infinite chop attack to stop and slam the axe downwards.

Similarly, you can go from Sword Mode to Axe Mode in mid attack by pressing A to do a horizontal slash in Sword Mode and then pressing R.

A Sword Mode discharge can be performed by pressing X+A. Keep pressing A to continue discharging until the weapon finishes and does a Phial Burst; It'll revert back to Axe Mode.

You can perform a Phial Burst right away for the Sword Mode SA discharge by holding down the analog stick and continue pressing A.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

erv

Astraea wrote:

You can perform a Phial Burst right away for the Sword Mode SA discharge by holding down the analog stick and continue pressing A.

Ah, I've been looking for that one. Do you mean pressing down with the stick or the click button of the stick? I suppose it's pointing down with the stick while hammering a to get there?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Ecto-1

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Is this going to support Wii Speak? Haha. Just kidding. Would be cool though, because I got that s***! It's a shame Wii Speak was never used. Basically the same tech ended up being in Kinect for voice commands...
This new Monster Hunter looks great in HD, and sounds fantastic in PCM 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic IIx.
I hope we get the 4th one, and that LAN thing.

Actually, there's a day 1 update for Ultimate that's going to allow you to use a microphone/headset thing as well as a USB keyboard.

You'll also be able to use the GamePad's mic if you're like me and hate trying to wear headsets.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Lan

Tried out the lance fro the first time, beat Lagombi in 11 minutes first time, then around 5 the second.

Dragon friend safari

Tasuki

MERG wrote:

With the WiiU I had NO problem taking down the bunny. With the 3DS I failed miserably...I can't work the camera very well. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

And I'm lovin' the dual blades.

There is a way to lock on to your target. I think its the L button on the 3DS.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MERG

[/quote]

@Tasuki...thanks. I think I just found it. There is an icon on the lower screen and then you just tap the L button. Not reading instructions on how to play a game before jumping in is a problem I have always had.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Lan

The lock-on feature is so great. I was playing Tri earlier and kept tapping L because I was already used to the lock-on

Dragon friend safari

Tasuki

MERG wrote:

@Tasuki...thanks. I think I just found it. There is an icon on the lower screen and then you just tap the L button. Not reading instructions on how to play a game before jumping in is a problem I have always had.

Yeah I know what you mean I had to talk the the people here and look up some other forums to figure out what I was doing when I first played the demo since I am new to the MH series.

Also another option for the 3DS is the CPP which cant be used on the demo but I heard that you will be able to use it on the full version and that can also be used to control the camera.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.