Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,519

Tasuki

Lan wrote:

So... What is your favorite weapon?

Well so far I like the Dual blades. Not sure if thats like a noob weapon or what but I am just having a blast with them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Lan wrote:

Insert attempt at changing the subject again here

Lol I know right. Seriously guy lets not turn this into the miracle thread all over again. It's a game. That is all. Move on!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@Bankai
How do we know that weapon in the picture is entirely metal? It could have a wooden core, and have metal on the ouside. Having a wooden core, and a metal ouside would make it weigh less.
Anyways, it's better if we just leave it at, it's a game. It does kinda help engage the player if it's relatable though.
I beat both quests, so I'm waiting for the full game now.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Lan

I've only ever been good with SnS and LS. I need speed and maneuverability. I'm okayish with the GS, started using the bow on the demo and, while I don't get hit a lot, I can't do enough damage to kill

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Tasuki

Lan wrote:

I've only ever been good with SnS and LS. I need speed and maneuverability. I'm okayish with the GS, started using the bow on the demo and, while I don't get hit a lot, I can't do enough damage to kill

Yep I found that problem too. I need something quick which is why I like the dual blades. I tried the bow but like you I couldnt do enough damage. I might try the bow again in multiplayer mode when I get the full version. As for the slower weapons yeah they are too slow for me as well.

My Backlog

Joeynator3000

Tasuki wrote:

Lan wrote:

So... What is your favorite weapon?

Well so far I like the Dual blades. Not sure if thats like a noob weapon or what but I am just having a blast with them.

Probably gonna play with those in the full game. They were fun when I did use them that one time, but I think my main will be the Gunlance. (Hunting Horn for multiplayer)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Lan wrote:

Yep I found that problem too. I need something quick which is why I like the dual blades. I tried the bow but like you I couldnt do enough damage. I might try the bow again in multiplayer mode when I get the full version. As for the slower weapons yeah they are too slow for me as well.

They're slow but powerful. They're only good for a couple of hits at a time though specially on single player. As for the light bowgun I can totally wipe out the rabbit one in like 10 mins with it. It help to pick up the fire ammo from the chest in the camp. It's more vulnerable to it. What I do first is put it to sleep then set bombs around it then step back and set them off. Then I poison it a couple of times and fire away with the fire ammo. After rthats out I just use the next strongest ammo I have till its dead.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lan

The rabbit thing is called Lagombi.

Dragon friend safari

Joeynator3000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think I like the long sword best. I beat the Plesioth with the Great Sword though so I'm liking that too. Plus it looks cool.

I saw in a trailer you have a normal looking person before you get armor for him. Do you get to customize that avatar's features like hair color, ect.?

Which trailer was this? Cant remember this. o.0

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Betelgroose

@Erica_Hartmann
Me and @AmazingPopo_Man were playing tri today and someone named Joey came in. We kept asking him Erica is that you? And we ended up scaring him off.

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

Joeynator3000

Groose_Lord wrote:

@Erica_Hartmann
Me and @AmazingPopo_Man were playing tri today and someone named Joey came in. We kept asking him Erica is that you? And we ended up scaring him off.

lol....yeeeeeaaaaah I've been playing Skyward Sword today. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Betelgroose

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Groose_Lord wrote:

@Erica_Hartmann

lol....yeeeeeaaaaah I've been playing Skyward Sword today. xD

And yet another person on tri who is scared of me

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

Matsumae

Sean_Aaron wrote:

My main gripe is that a monster can quite easily be somewhere off-screen and you end up fumbling around like a blind person which feels a bit odd given you're supposed to be some kind of professional monster hunter

Not really. technically when you first show up you're a rookie greenhorn who doesn't know how to forage for food.
The village teaches you how to forage and hunt, and then from there you move forward at your own pace (you can repeat quests as many times as you want, gaining rewards every time you do)

My only gripe with the demo is it doesn't showcase what the game is 'actually' about.

Yes, hunting big monsters is usually the short-term goal of most quests, but the longterm goal is foraging, carving, combining and crafting.

The 'easy' quest should have been a kelbi hunt combined with foraging for blue mushrooms.

The 'hard' quest should have been yian-kut ku. If you defeat kut-ku with time to spare, a plessie/rath/lagi/whatever appears and you can try to kill it with the time remaining!

This would have given good challenge to the fanbase that already play, and already know they're going to get the game, while also giving the new players (the audience I would aim a demo at) a chance to be eased into the game a bit

Personally I love the camera controls of MH, I have no problem navigating around on land or in water. Dodging enemy attacks are easy on either water and land as well, especially when the direction of the dodge often doesn't matter. So the camera controls wouldn't even really play into that. Especially since you can auto-target the monsters now, it's harder than ever to not know where the monster is.

Matsumae

Ecto-1

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think I like the long sword best. I beat the Plesioth with the Great Sword though so I'm liking that too. Plus it looks cool.

I saw in a trailer you have a normal looking person before you get armor for him. Do you get to customize that avatar's features like hair color, ect.?

Haven't seen the trailer Retro's talking about, but the original on Wii allowed you to customize your character's gender, face, skin tone, hair style/color, voice, and, if I remember correctly, eye color. I would assume that they haven't removed it from these editions.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Joeynator3000

Ecto-1 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Haven't seen the trailer Retro's talking about, but the original on Wii allowed you to customize your character's gender, face, skin tone, hair style/color, voice, and, if I remember correctly, eye color. I would assume that they haven't removed it from these editions.

Well it sounded like to me he was talking about someone else other than your character.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Tasuki

Is there a way to lock the camera on the monster in the Wii U version. I was trying to find a way but I couldn't lol.

Also I have to agree the demo isnt friendly to newcomers to the series. At first I just didnt understand it but after talking to you fine people here on this site and going to some MH forums I found out what there was to do, now I am totally hook. But it shouldnt have taken going to forums to figure out the demo.

My Backlog

Lan

Tasuki wrote:

Is there a way to lock the camera on the monster in the Wii U version. I was trying to find a way but I couldn't lol.

Also I have to agree the demo isnt friendly to newcomers to the series. At first I just didnt understand it but after talking to you fine people here on this site and going to some MH forums I found out what there was to do, now I am totally hook. But it shouldnt have taken going to forums to figure out the demo.

Press the monster icon on the touch screen while you're battling the monster, and tap L

Dragon friend safari

Tasuki

@Lan; Thanks I will have to try that when I buy it since my son used up all the playtime of the demo on the Wii U.

My Backlog

ShadJV

So I've only tried the demo four times so far (so busy with fire emblem and want to finish that before this game comes) but... Well, first I tried Lagombi with the sword and shield and lost but I chalked it up to trying to learn the controls and mechanics. Then I tried it again with the dual blades and won. I switched to trying Plesioth with the dual blades and lost pretty badly, so I went back to Lagombi to try some other weapons and picked the long sword... And lost. Thus far I haven't beaten Plesioth and lost to Lagombi after successfully beating it once. Does this mean I'm already getting worse or might've had dumb luck? I thought I was getting the hang of it but now I feel like I might be behind the learning curve, and I have a lot of trouble figuring out where to target monsters and how to effectively use items. I read tips on how to beat them but when I actually play the game I fold under the 20 minute stress and have trouble applying what I read. Should I be winning against these monsters by now or at least coming close? Or do I just suck? I see a lot of people saying that they found both fights pretty easy and other than my one win (which I felt I actually knew what I was doing), I've been struggling.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.