Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,519

moomoo

So I played the demo on 3DS and Wii U. I already own Tri, but I was thinking I might get both. Well, I'm pretty unimpressed with the Wii U version. The textures are pretty bad and the game just doesn't look that great. Meanwhile, I'm really liking it on 3DS. I wish the 3DS version had online, because I'd definitely be getting it, but as it stands... I'm not sure. Maybe I'll just wait on this one for a while. I still have Fire Emblem Awakeing (amazing) and Paper Mario Sticker Star (incredibly underwhelming so far, but still giving it a shot) to beat.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

Paper Mario Sticker Star (incredibly underwhelming so far, but still giving it a shot)

don't play Paper Mario Sticker Star for anything beyond the gameplay and some of the writing, you will be disappointed otherwise.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Paper Mario Sticker Star (incredibly underwhelming so far, but still giving it a shot)

don't play Paper Mario Sticker Star for anything beyond the gameplay and some of the writing, you will be disappointed otherwise.

That's basically why I didn't like it so much. I liked The N64, GCN, SNES Mario RPG, and the first 2 Mario & Luigi games, but after that I kinda lost interest.

I'm still debating on the 3DS version of MH3U. I keep changing my mind. If there's a digital bundle discount, or extra content I'll probably get it, but I won't be needing it for local multiplayer or on the go play for 99% of the time unless my brother gains interest, but those chances are pretty low.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Astraea

Its the same game on both versions with the only difference being the online capabilities for 3DS.

Astraea

Sean_Aaron

Aviator wrote:

The thing about Monster Hunter is your not meant to be able to attack 24/7 while you control the camera. It's rare for you to get more than 4-5+ hits at once. You have a small opportunity after a monster attacks, or if they are distracted by Cha-Cha (or the other one). All the other times, you're focused on surviving.

If that's the case then why so little time in which to kill the beast? Why not lift the time limit completely so you can do it over a period of many hours?

And what I'd rather do than stay underwater for extended times is not fight underwater at all; I think I was pretty clear on that. I think putting an underwater fight in the demo was a mistake really. They should have kept it to land-based monsters to sell the game on its strengths.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Tasuki

I dont know about you guys but I find playing the game on the Gamepad really cumbersome. Has anyone used the Pro contorller at all or the CCP?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WebHead

I like the demo. Honestly, I am a MH newbie, yet I was able to take down the Lagombi fairly easily.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

SCRAPPER392

I didn't have any problems with the controls in terms of 'they don't work', I was having trouble in actually knowing the controls. The controls work well, even underwater if you know how. The electronic manual in the home menu helps alot.

Qwest

Joeynator3000

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Aviator wrote:

The thing about Monster Hunter is your not meant to be able to attack 24/7 while you control the camera. It's rare for you to get more than 4-5+ hits at once. You have a small opportunity after a monster attacks, or if they are distracted by Cha-Cha (or the other one). All the other times, you're focused on surviving.

If that's the case then why so little time in which to kill the beast? Why not lift the time limit completely so you can do it over a period of many hours?

And what I'd rather do than stay underwater for extended times is not fight underwater at all; I think I was pretty clear on that. I think putting an underwater fight in the demo was a mistake really. They should have kept it to land-based monsters to sell the game on its strengths.

...Um, because 50 minutes is MORE than enough to take down any monster...if you want to take yor time practicing various monsters there's the Moga Woods free hunt mode. (unlimited time, no penalties from dying, etc etc...just no regular rewards either)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Aviator

I remember the first time I fought the Great Jaggi, it almost took me 50 minutes to beat it (on my last life too).

At the start, you will suck. And it will take a newbie a long time to get acquainted with all the monsters and how they work, but soon, like me, you'll be able to down that Jaggi in less than 2 minutes.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Spoony_Tech

Aviator wrote:

I remember the first time I fought the Great Jaggi, it almost took me 50 minutes to beat it (on my last life too).

At the start, you will suck. And it will take a newbie a long time to get acquainted with all the monsters and how they work, but soon, like me, you'll be able to down that Jaggi in less than 2 minutes.

That long huh!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Tech101 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

That long huh!

Pffft, 20 seconds for me now. :3 (offline mode anyways, lol...dunno about online High rank, probably 2) But yeah it is kinda funny how a monster once gave you a very hard time during your first few encounters...then later when you've played the game for quite some time that same monster can be dealt with easily.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SCRAPPER392

Ya, like RE4. I got that game the first month it came out on GCN. I was scared out of my mind being 12 years old, but I said, 'I paid $50 for this game, and I need to beat it!'. Eventually I ended up laughing how easy it was, would use the knife constantly instead of firearms, and point out stupid AI. I could even hit running targets(Ganados) with Jack Krauser's bow in the face by aiming in front of them by a second.
I figured this experience was worth sharing since were on tne topic of a Capcom game, and being able to completely obliterate a game after knowing all the best ways.
I could even dodge the crazy chainsaw man's constant swinging running at him, and I think this game will be my next RE4.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Lan

Anyone succeed in beating Lagombi with a bow? I can get him limping away but I can never beat him.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Chrono_Cross

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Just the idea of swinging a sword underwater is stupid - and are these guys wearing aqualungs or something? How the hell do they hold their breath so long?

It's a video game. It's not supposed to be ultra-realistic.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Just the idea of swinging a sword underwater is stupid - and are these guys wearing aqualungs or something? How the hell do they hold their breath so long?

It's a video game. It's not supposed to be ultra-realistic.

I get that video games aren't supposed to ge realistic all the time, but some things can be questionable. Maybe these monster hunters have air tanks in their armor? They do have oxy supplies in the game. When it comes right down to it, there's a difference between realism and abstract realism. There is basically no video game ever that is completely realistic, besides maybe sports games, but even those have glitches.
The whole point of video games is to immerse you in a fantasy world as realisticly as possible.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

I get that video games aren't supposed to ge realistic all the time, but some things can be questionable. Maybe these monster hunters have air tanks in their armor? They do have oxy supplies in the game. When it comes right down to it, there's a difference between realism and abstract realism. There is basically no video game ever that is completely realistic, besides maybe sports games, but even those have glitches.
The whole point of video games is to immerse you in a fantasy world as realisticly as possible.

If that breaks the immersion, then that's a personal problem not the game's.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

Warriors from medieval Japan were not able to kill thousands of enemies over the course of 15 minutes, either.

There are certain parts of 99 per cent of games where it's a good idea to suspend disbelief.

SCRAPPER392

I noticed there was no explanation to breating underwater either, but I think is possible to hold your breath that long anyways. 4-5 minutes might sound like a long time, but it's possible, even under water pressure. I used to be able to hold my breath for like 2 minutes, even when I wasn't in the best of shape.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

I think it's a good idea to be putting the water fights in, because it shows that you are going to have to fight underwater in the full game if you want to improve in the game. I didn't really mind it.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.