Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

401. Posted:

Tri is rare for me too...I might play it some more when it gets closer to Ultimate's release date just to have some "final moments" with it. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

402. Posted:

AmazingPopo_Man wrote:

Don't know where else to ask this, but is anyone still playing tri?

I thought about picking it up now since I am soooo hooked by this demo but honestly with the servers shutting down in April I figure it would just be a waste of money.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

403. Posted:

@Sean I put over 600 hours on the wii version and I still hate the under water parts. I didn't let that stop me from enjoying the game. You can also get to fight a good deal of those underwater parts on land as well. If you enjoyed the demo at all you should give it a shot at least.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

404. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

@Sean I put over 600 hours on the wii version and I still hate the under water parts. I didn't let that stop me from enjoying the game. You can also get to fight a good deal of those underwater parts on land as well. If you enjoyed the demo at all you should give it a shot at least.

Not to mention we'll be here if you need tips and all that. :p Hell, once you finish the village quests and move on the port (harder quests), you'll be able to play online with the Wii U version. So any other new underwater urgent/key battles (I think there's like...one, not counting the end game boss since he's like...both land and water, lol) can be helped with.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Kuuko

405. Posted:

I have about 5,400 hours in Tri lol...Yeah that's a lot. Playing online with friends makes this series awesome.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

406. Posted:

Astraea wrote:

I have about 5,400 hours in Tri lol...Yeah that's a lot. Playing online with friends makes this series awesome.

O.o

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

iroxursox

407. Posted:

hey guys check the eshop page it says online paly and online interactions not rated by esrb

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

408. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Astraea wrote:

O.o

Wat? The game is, like, EXTREMELY time consuming. :p
And that's just Tri, Ultimate is going to be, like...ten times worse. xD

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

AuthorMessage

iroxursox

409. Posted:

this is for the 3ds version

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

410. Posted:

Yea!! killed the Lagomorph thing without dieing XD. But of course it helped that I found the box in the camp with the supplies this time.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

411. Posted:

xmasursox wrote:

this is for the 3ds version

This is the thread for the 3DS version http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/monster_hunter_3_ultim... but honestly I dont see why we need two threads since they are pretty much the same. This thread is a bit more active though.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

412. Posted:

I just beat Plessy for the first time. It took me the first time I boot up the game to beat the rabbit thing without knowing the controls(really is easy), and 7 times with 2 times not knowing the controls to beat the fish monster. Is that good? I bombed it twice, and just continuously hacked and slashed more effectively this time, but I know I was close the other times.
What scale on 1-10 difficulty wise would you say Plessy is in the whole game?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

413. Posted:

Oh my god! YES! YES! YES! I beat the Plesioth dragon fish thing! YEEESSS! I want the full game NOOOW!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

414. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I just beat Plessy for the first time. It took me the first time I boot up the game to beat the rabbit thing without knowing the controls(really is easy), and 7 times with 2 times not knowing the controls to beat the fish monster. Is that good? I bombed it twice, and just continuously hacked and slashed more effectively this time, but I know I was close the other times.

Factoring the water being hard to move around I would say 6. There is much harder monsters in this game!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

415. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Factoring the water being hard to move around I would say 6. There is much harder monsters in this game!

For sure. Well, I don't know anything about Monster Hunter really, but I'm guessing I'll fair better against land monsters. The controls aren't even that bad IMO, just that fish can swim faster than the characters, and it's hard to keep up with it to hit it. I just used the Great Sword constantly, because I wanted to be consistent with the weapon I was using. Pretty cool game. I plan on getting both versions, and I wish I could try the 3DS demo, but Nintendo's fixing it(my 3DS XL) right now.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

416. Posted:

Anyone have 3G? (the original Japanese version, lol) Was wondering if there's any real differences with Green Plessioth.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

417. Posted:

@SCAR That was my weapon of choice back in the beginning. Used if for about 65% of my play through. I still love it but I'm going to switch up which one I start with this time. It takes forever to make all these loadouts with the different items you need to make everything!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

AzureFashionist

418. Posted:

Plesioth seemed hard at first but past experience of being underwater in Tri helped and I beat it on my first attempt. I beat him with the Gunlance (which I have almost no idea how to use).

But yeah looked on earlier pages of this thread and yes most of the starting monsters we hunt just defend themselves. I, however, have zero sympathy for monsters like the Deviljho. It does nothing but consume and consume.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

419. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Hell, once you finish the village quests and move on the port (harder quests), you'll be able to play online with the Wii U version. So any other new underwater urgent/key battles (I think there's like...one, not counting the end game boss since he's like...both land and water, lol) can be helped with.

Well, if online counts for progression in the main game then that's not a bad thing. I suppose if the sea monsters come out on land to get whaled on that can work too. I just don't get the fighting underwater at all. Just the idea of swinging a sword underwater is stupid - and are these guys wearing aqualungs or something? How the hell do they hold their breath so long?

Still looking like an April buy for me. Of course if Capcom doesn't put it in the eShop all bets are off; I'm not buying a disc for this.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Aviator

420. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Yrreiht wrote:

I don't see what's the problem with the lack of a second stick for the camera. Didn't stop me in the PSP version.

If you're responding to me, I"m playing the Wii U demo - this is the Wii U forum you know. The issue isn't a lack of second stick, it's the clunky nature of being dependent upon it and the fact that you need to choose between helping your Mr. Magoo character know what the hell is going on and actually hitting something.

In any event it sounds like underwater battles are required to get anywhere, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Sounds like you folk will enjoy it though so have fun.

The thing about Monster Hunter is your not meant to be able to attack 24/7 while you control the camera. It's rare for you to get more than 4-5+ hits at once. You have a small opportunity after a monster attacks, or if they are distracted by Cha-Cha (or the other one). All the other times, you're focused on surviving.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9