Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

381. Posted:

I don't see what's so bad about underwater hunting. D: It didn't turn me off. It's slower and I hate that but it doesn't bug me as much.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

382. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I don't see what's so bad about underwater hunting. D: It didn't turn me off. It's slower and I hate that but it doesn't bug me as much.

For me my attacks always missed...and when hunting in the Flooded Forest, it can be very hard to see sometimes...especially when Lagia or Gobul has you cornered.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

383. Posted:

All man I am out of Demo uses. :(

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

384. Posted:

So yeah, I'm definitely buying this after the demos! :D I really want both versions though! I can't afford that! >.< I think I'll buy the Wii U version a bit after launch and get the 3DS version when ever it goes on sale.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

385. Posted:

I'm not saying the free camera view should be disabled, but the camera lock could be more intuitive than it is.

What do you mean by "get far" - are you saying other monsters won't appear until after you hunt some that you can only fight underwater? If that's the case then I'm skipping this altogether; I refuse to play a game where I feel like I have to fight the controls.

I honestly don't care about "completing" the thing or being unable to craft this or that as a result of choosing not to fight certain monsters.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Yrreiht

386. Posted:

I don't see what's the problem with the lack of a second stick for the camera. Didn't stop me in the PSP version.

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

387. Posted:

There's going to be some key quests and urgents that will stop you until clear them. Plessioth is actually one of those quests, but I think your first will be Gobul. And he can be quite tricky underwater. (not to mention the final boss of the village's low rank is fought completely underwater, then again he's easy anyways, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Beta

388. Posted:

For some reason, when I played the demo, I found a mammoth-like creature and it's child... then I felt cruel for hitting them... And when Lagombi ran away and you chased it, I also felt bad... I mean, it gave up and ran why insist on killing it? T.T I am okay with killing sinister-like monsters like those dinosaurs and dragons, but the Lagombi looked like it was just attacking you out of fear. As for the mammoth-like creature... I think it's self-explanatory ;_;

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

389. Posted:

Beta wrote:

For some reason, when I played the demo, I found a mammoth-like creature and it's child... then I felt cruel for hitting them... And when Lagombi ran away and you chased it, I also felt bad... I mean, it gave up and ran why insist on killing it? T.T I am okay with killing sinister-like monsters like those dinosaurs and dragons, but the Lagombi looked like it was just attacking you out of fear. As for the mammoth-like creature... I think it's self-explanatory ;_;

Oh I wasn't the only one then? Oh good! ;~; I felt SO bad hunting Lagombi the first time. When it started limping away. D: Oh man, it's cute and fuzzy. I don't wanna kill it. ;~~;
I didn't feel as bad with the Plesioth either though. it felt more self defense-ish and the thing puts up a friggin' fight! I still can't kill it! The Lagombi just kind of attacks out of desperate need to survive. :(

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

390. Posted:

Only time I feel bad when fighting monsters is with Qurupeco, he looks like he'd be the kind of monster that would leave you alone in reality. xD
Then there's when with all of the monsters limp when trying to get away. (except Jho, everyone hates him, lol)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

391. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Beta wrote:

Oh I wasn't the only one then? Oh good! ;~; I felt SO bad hunting Lagombi the first time. When it started limping away. D: Oh man, it's cute and fuzzy. I don't wanna kill it. ;~~;
I didn't feel as bad with the Plesioth either though. it felt more self defense-ish and the thing puts up a friggin' fight! I still can't kill it! The Lagombi just kind of attacks out of desperate need to survive. :(

Its called survival of the fittest. Honestly how do you think our ancestors got food and clothing. By hunting cute little things like rabbits and deer.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

392. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So yeah, I'm definitely buying this after the demos! :D I really want both versions though! I can't afford that! >.< I think I'll buy the Wii U version a bit after launch and get the 3DS version when ever it goes on sale.

You are aware of the Amazon sale, right?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

Beta

393. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Beta wrote:

IKR?! It felt like it just wanted me to go away... and it made me feel bad more when it began to kinda crawl and it couldn't properly DX I just hope there aren't a lot of similar situations in the rest of the game or my weak heart wouldn't bare to take it ;_;

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Beta wrote:

Its called survival of the fittest. Honestly how do you think our ancestors got food and clothing. By hunting cute little things like rabbits and deer.

That's what I was actually wondering! I was wondering if MH was based on pre-historic times where you hunt for a living XD

Edited on by Beta

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

AuthorMessage

Kuuko

394. Posted:

Hey I like fighting Jho. He's super easy despite looking so intimidating. Although he does get a new move in 3U I'm pretty sure I'll have it down in no time.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

395. Posted:

Yrreiht wrote:

I don't see what's the problem with the lack of a second stick for the camera. Didn't stop me in the PSP version.

If you're responding to me, I"m playing the Wii U demo - this is the Wii U forum you know. The issue isn't a lack of second stick, it's the clunky nature of being dependent upon it and the fact that you need to choose between helping your Mr. Magoo character know what the hell is going on and actually hitting something.

In any event it sounds like underwater battles are required to get anywhere, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Sounds like you folk will enjoy it though so have fun.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

396. Posted:

The story kinda goes like this. Your village is being threatened by these monsters. If you don't take care of them then its your hide. There is more to the story but ill just leave it at that!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

397. Posted:

Don't know where else to ask this, but is anyone still playing tri?

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

398. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You are aware of the Amazon sale, right?

Yeah, but that's still a lot for me though. I don't have too much spare cash and what I did is set aside for other stuff. lol

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

399. Posted:

Astraea wrote:

Hey I like fighting Jho. He's super easy despite looking so intimidating. Although he does get a new move in 3U I'm pretty sure I'll have it down in no time.

Yeah but we still hate him. lol
Also have you seen his G-Rank form for this game? :p
@Sean: Really, you just need to practice with underwater more, try different weapons and all that. I didn't like it much at first but after a while it started getting easy for me. (only real issue still being the camera backed up against a wall. :/ )

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

AuthorMessage

Kuuko

400. Posted:

There's a really old forum thread that died almost a year ago here for NA. http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/online_gaming/na_monster_h...

I still play Tri but not as much as I used to since most of my online friend's had their Wii's die on them, and I'm busy focusing on my studies at the moment.

Edited on by Kuuko

Capcom-Unity: BAKA