Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 301 to 320 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

301. Posted:

So i was considering buying this game purely off the excellent things I have heard about the franchise, but the demo drove me away. There seems to be a severe lack of a combo system, which is an instant no go for me.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

302. Posted:

Kagamine wrote:

So i was considering buying this game purely off the excellent things I have heard about the franchise, but the demo drove me away. There seems to be a severe lack of a combo system, which is an instant no go for me.

Depends on the weapon you are using really some can attack with different button presses and combinations if you know the controls.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

303. Posted:

Kagamine wrote:

You can get some pretty sick combos with the long sword! I hit a monster like ten times and it only gets stronger with each hit. It's awesome.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

304. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Kagamine wrote:

You can get some pretty sick combos with the long sword! I hit a monster like ten times and it only gets stronger with each hit. It's awesome.

Dual blades seems good as well. It wasn't offered in the wii version so I'm eager to try them out to see just how good they are once the real game comes out.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

305. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Kagamine wrote:

Dual blades seems good as well. It wasn't offered in the wii version so I'm eager to try them out to see just how good they are once the real game comes out.

I tried out both those weapons and the combat still felt incredibly simple. For a game like this i like to be able to perform long combos, without being able to have the same effect by button mashing. Only two combat buttons is a serious letdown for me, but i'm sure the rest of you will enjoy the game.

Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

AuthorMessage

Raiko

306. Posted:

The combat is more than simple button combinations. It's more strategical. It's about timing, reading enemy attacks, dodging and luring the enemy into traps, tripping them, distracting them, covering and aiding friends, and such.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

307. Posted:

Raiko wrote:

The combat is more than simple button combinations. It's more strategical. It's about timing, reading enemy attacks, dodging and luring the enemy into traps, tripping them, distracting them, covering and aiding friends, and such.

I know hot it works, I actually quite like games that are like that. But this game is very simple for my tastes, and far too easy. As for the multiplayer, obviously i have not yet experienced it. If it wants a buy from me the multiplayer must be pretty spectacular for me to even pick it out of the bargain bin. I get a much deeper more rich experience from several other games on my PC.

Some_Chords

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

308. Posted:

Easy?...Yeah no, Monster Hunter isn't easy. You can't judge difficulty by only 2 quests.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

309. Posted:

People that generally play video games know there's not much to a DEMO compared to the full game. There is also an electric manual to read which helped me figure out how to play.
If you play a video game, and you really want to figure out how to play it, you're gonna try and learn.
I'm probably gonna be playing this game alot when it shows up. I'm not relying on a bundles to buy the digital copies like the cards on Amazon, but I'm not counting that option out yet.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

iroxursox

310. Posted:

hey guys check the 3ds eshop inof it says it has online play and supports nintendo network

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

311. Posted:

I'd say that rabbit thing is pretty easy. I killed that thing without even knowing the conrols at all. As for the water monster, I've tried like 4 times knowing the controls and tactics for the most part 2 times. I'm gonna give it another go pretty soon here. I've only been using the Great Sword for now. I just don't want to switch weapons constantly and try to beat it with what I know first.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

312. Posted:

xmasursox wrote:

hey guys check the 3ds eshop inof it says it has online play and supports nintendo network

Maybe that's when your going online with a local character using a Wii U, or they really did add online for the versions outside of Japan. Who knows, well have to wait and see, or ask Capcom.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

313. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

xmasursox wrote:

Maybe that's when your going online with a local character using a Wii U, or they really did add online for the versions outside of Japan. Who knows, well have to wait and see, or ask Capcom.

...Well it does use online to download quests, soooo...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

314. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

xmasursox wrote:

...Well it does use online to download quests, soooo...

Oh, for sure. Well, it still depends. You could import one of those LAN connectors from Japan and could still count as being NN with online play. That's why I think they're gonna release it here.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

315. Posted:

I sooooo hope its online right out of the box!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Aviator

316. Posted:

Seeing as it is using Nintendo servers I don't see why it wouldn't. I don't even think Japan has to pay for a subscription this time.

Shame about region locking though. :(

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

317. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Seeing as it is using Nintendo servers I don't see why it wouldn't. I don't even think Japan has to pay for a subscription this time.

Well the Wii U version will be online right there...3DS won't have online play though. Something tells me that adapter for the Wii U will be released here too.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

318. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

They rarely ever not release hardware though. The only time they don't release hardware outside of Japan, at least when it comes to Nintendo, is because it's not compatible with basic services over here, it didn't do so good over there, or it's a special service that is easier to handle in their home land. That's why we didn't see internet on NES and SNES like they did in Japan.

They could have made the game online in the time it hasn't been over here, or they plan to release that LAN connector that has over ride software built in to connect you to the server. I'm guessing they're gonna update the MH3G game over there to have the online menu, but you still can't use it unless you have the LAN cable.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

319. Posted:

Eh, I think it'll just make it seem like the people you play with online are being played with locally. I dunno what its called...but that whole thing. lol

AuthorMessage

Darkflame411

320. Posted:

I dunno if it's wrong of me but so many people recently have been complaining about the game for having one or two button combat despite it being a 4 button combat game XD also unrelated hastily drawn comic D: http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x211/rin345/Monsterhunterc...

Darkflame411