Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,519

TsunamiSensei

MERG wrote:

Stupid question time...I've been playing this on the 3DS but double-dipped due to the sale. My question is...how do I increase my HR? Do I have to go online and join other players? Or is there a way to do this in single player?

Hunter Rank is determined by doing quest in Port Tanzia. You can do the quests in single player, though.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Spoony_Tech

@MERG I'm hunter rank 2 as of yesterday lol! You need to talk to the cat by the boat. He will take you to the online/offline area of the game that let's you do quests to raise your hunter rank. I just did my first urgent yesterday and it was fun.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

I talked to the cat and went that area. I'm wondering if I need to do multiplayer to raise HR or if I can do it in single player.
I was playing last night and learned a valuable lesson...don't go on a quest unprepared. I ran out of whetstone and was unable to bring a monster down. Ugh...talk about a waste of time.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG you can raise it in single player. You just need to do the missions in that area. Do all the main ones and your urgent will pop up. Did you trnsfer over your data from the 3ds version?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Yes...I did transfer my data over.

And thanks!

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Sure would like to hunt with you one day!

MERG said:

MERG

@Tech...we'll see. Online multiplayer has never really been my thing.

erv

Good to see people still playing this, as I am playing it online often as well. You know you're playing a lot of monster hunter when you go see the hobbit and look at smaug and the first thought that pops into your head is "hammer or switchaxe?".

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Warruz

If anyone wants to do some Fresh Grank hunting I am interested.

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

MERG

The more I play this the more I realize I have so much to learn.

Spoony_Tech

@MERG What is that exactly? Haven't you been playing this gane since the Wii version. You should be a pro by now!

MERG said:

MERG

I didn't play the heck out of Tri. My house has always been a competition for the TV. The WiiU with the gamepad has been a godsend!
Other than consulting guides do you just start combining crap and see what you get for items...like the Dash Juice I need.

I've been free hunting a bit to get more items. And I'll have to say...the Rath scares me.

Warruz

Unlocking Mark of the Hero sure is tiring , I think once I complete everything I might make a new character playing ranger.

Also anyone who just hit HR6 wants to do G rank(aka a Fresh Grank team) , I am interested.

Edited on by Warruz

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

MERG

Does the size of your item pouch ever increase in the game? I keep collecting too much and end up having to discard items.

Spoony_Tech

@MERG I don't think so. You need to really make sure the items you have before you leave on a hunt are the ones you need. It happens to me from time to time as well mostly because I forget to drop off the items I got from the last hunt.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

MERG

Gotcha..thanks.

I realized I need to start trapping some beasts in free hunt as I need items that don't drop with taking them down.

Blast

I'm thinking about downloading this game for my Wii U... can anybody give me some tips? I'm new to Monster Hunter and I loved the demo.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

edhe

I've been getting in to Monster Hunter Tri again, and I've got a question about the Data Transfer tool.

Am I right in thinking that you really have to wipe the data every time you want to transfer over, whether you're transferring over to the WiiU or the 3DS? If, for example, I went out with my 3DS every day, (and I wanted to play the home console version every day - even if it was for 20 minutes), I'd have to wipe the data on my 3DS every time before I went out (or the night before) so I can put my save file on my 3DS. Then, when I get home, streetpassed guild cards in hand (and the little rewards that come with registering several at a time), I'd have to wipe my WiiU save data so I can put it all back on the WiiU.

Forgive me, but this is the first time I've used the utility, and I just want to know if I'm missing something. Thanks.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.