Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,519

Gustoff

I'm new to the MH series. Took the plunge and bought the 3DS version on day one here in NA. Glad i did. However, it's very time consuming and requires a lot of patience in finding all the items to make better armor and upgrade weapons. I don't have a Wii U but if i did, i'd definitely get the game for it as well to play online. I'm more of a handheld gamer. So i don't mind. I just know that i'm going to have a hard time later with the bigger monsters though.

I'm still in the process of gathering my first complete set. I just need the King's Frill and 1 Melancholic Ore. Can't seem to find that one Ore. Sheesh...can't wait though to see my hunter in his new armor.

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

AzureFashionist

Yeah the CPP is nice but I don't own one. Haven't failed a quest and I solo'd my way to G-Rank.
@Gustoff Sounds like the desire sensor doesn't want you to get that one ore. I got all my ores from the Sandy Plains in the beginning so keep at it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

SilentHunter382

Ok thanks guys. I do have a CCP already because of MGS3. So the only thing left for me to get is the lan cable.

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

Gustoff

@HawtWingz
Yeah, i will. And i forgot that i had already unlocked Sandy Plains. I've been looking for that one Ore in the Moga Woods, section 4 all this time.

By the way. Besides going thru the quests to complete in Sandy Plains, is there another way to go to the Sandy Plains region without doing quests? Would it be through Neko the cat?

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

Spoony_Tech

Gustoff wrote:

@HawtWingz
Yeah, i will. And i forgot that i had already unlocked Sandy Plains. I've been looking for that one Ore in the Moga Woods, section 4 all this time.

By the way. Besides going thru the quests to complete in Sandy Plains, is there another way to go to the Sandy Plains region without doing quests? Would it be through Neko the cat?

Yes actually. Whenever you enter a new area the very first quest is a free roam quest used for gathering all the items you want. After 5 mins goes by an item will appear in the blue box and you can leave if you are done!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

AzureFashionist

@Gutstoff Now don't quote me on this but the village should have a Harvest tour quest available at your rank. If not then yes, talk to Neko (means 'cat') and head to Port Tanzia as you can go as far as the Tundra at Rank 1 quests. Just use the "Harvest Tour" quests (all harvest tours are unstable so a monster could show up uninvited and crash your party).

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

Stereoman

SCAR392 wrote:

Has anyone gotten to the Mark of a Hero urgent quest in single player mode? I have no clue how I should combat this mission, and some advice would be helpful.

heavy spoiler ahead -----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello scar392,

i dont know if you already done your mark of heroes quest , but id like to give some advice.

I wouldnt go with zephrens advice ( although im pretty sure he is more experienced than me ) But for me i believe with bit thinking u can learn more than use cheap way like slime easy mode ( im newcomer myself and prefer to learn instead of exploit ^^ )

Personally i avoid any slime weapon, because i think they are too strong and unbalanced. ( yes im a MH noob too) MH3U is my first monster hunter game. But playing with any slime weapon is just not fun ....

So this fight is very strategical . First u fight an ivory lagiacrus alone then u have to fight brachi and azure rathalos at ONCE. oO
First i too thought oh man this is impossible i "need" online and G rank and better stuff to beat this thing.

But no totally untrue. All which is key is simple preparation and bit training. When i did it first time yes i died twice.

But with better knowledge im pretty sure its possible to do it without death. So as of userfriendliness i took any beneficial item with me 3x times each. Because if i really die 3 times i gonna need rebuffs 3 times too. So ideally u wanna go with 2 maxi potions and ancient potions. And dont forget many armor potions and damage ones ( you know mega demondrug and mega armordrug and so forth). Then of course i had 10x normal heal potions and 10x mega potions. Really if u are not that good at dodging at the moment like i am u gonna burn mega potions fast ^^
So to soften the challenge i took 10x honey so i can turn my normal potions instantly to mega potions.

In my thinking the most deadliest enemy in this fight is the brachidyos. So naturally i brought a weapon which is most effective vs the brachi to take him out as fast as possible.

My gear was high rank ivory lagiacrus set for that blightdefense. With that armor set u are immune to fire , ice , water and lightning. So u dont need nullberrys or have to constantly dodge to turn out the fire. My weapon of choice because i played whole game with switch axe class was the Inceadeus. Which was upgraded one time to great inceadeus, which is totally doable in this state without any online or g-rank crap.

The first fight vs ivory lagiacrus is after abit training fairly easy. The most important part is not to just go and button smash like a berserker. Watch the lagiacrus and let it come to you. Wait for openings. Sure sometimes u are in the heat and want to just stab his belly. But its better to always do just 1 or 2 swipes and then dodge or wait his attacks again. Its mostly patience and anticipation.
The brutal part is the second phase where u have to fight azure + brachi at once. My strategy was to use flashbombs to ideally paralyze both at once. Sometimes u get even the azure rathalos in crashing on the land.
Id say ivory fight takes about 15 minutes. And until then u should have gathered all support items from the crates. Lifepowder , simple flashbombs etc
So i went beneath the brachidyos and mostly stabbed his belly in sword mode. Because the great inceadeus got water element it got maximum efficiency vs slime beasts. So second phase is mostly a survival mode. If its impossible to attack the brachidyos then just take your distance and dodge like a mad man. Those two monsters damage each other too. But ideally u just kill the brachidyos super fast. Of course 2 traps help too. The shock and the pitfall traps.
So basically you stuff your inventory with tons of support items. You survive and have patience and kill the ivory lagiacrus. And either rush the brachi in second phase to kill it fast or survive and let the monsters damage each other.
biggest weakness of rathalos is flashbombs , with those u can make him crash while flying
My strategy somehow worked , well ok i died twice, but only cause im still not good enough in dodging ^^
Hope it helps. Several attempts for training wont hurt. Of course u could take the long road go online do g-rank craziness and come back with uberequipement.
But in my view neither slime weapons nor uberequipement are necessary ( and take some fun out of hard fights).

probably end of spoilers --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that wall of text helps ^^

Ps I: i dont know but in the mark of hero quest are all those monsters of G-rank quality or totally out of the place ?! I ask because i still havent met any of those monsters in g-rank in port tanzia

Ps II: whats your most nostalgic moment ? Mine was when i fought the giant duramboros first time ever in single player ( you know when kayamba gets lost in flooded forest) I had no clue what to expect and no clue about weak spots. So i went there with my dragonmaiden switch axe as usual and hack and slashed. Until 40 minutes passed. And guess what ? I used all whetstones and dropped to red sharpeness. So in axe mode my weapon couldnt even hurt that beast. This fight was so satifying because i still beat it with like crazy 30 seconds left !!!! I had to fight that thing whole time with sword mode with my dragonmaiden switch axe and constantly spam that elemental charge power attack. Otherwise axe mode and normal sword swipes would just bounce of and do nothing. Phew this game is crazy ^^

now really cheers

Edited on by Stereoman

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

SCRAPPER392

@Stereoman
Ya. I was thinking that. The good ol' grinding with heal items and being extra careful. I haven't done the mission, but I should tonight.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Dynetheous

@Stereoman I can agree on basically everything you said you went in depth and into the specifics of what to do which is great! all the strategies mentioned by you are a great way to tackle the quest. Being prepared is the best thing and will determine if you complete or fail the quest. I did the quest again so i could have fun with it and i did it with the green narg bow funn stuff

ps. @Stereoman im glad you could see me as an experienced player! its true tho lol I've played MH, MH2, MHFU, MH Portable 3rd HD, Tri, and now MHU: good 300+ on every game execpt 3rd

Edited on by Dynetheous

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Void

Well, I finally got those Bullfango heads I needed, I only had to kill 118, I got one from the 119th one too, and then three from the rewards at the end of the quest..

I like the Baron's Blazon already.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SuperJoon

In the full game do you get to set your armour, weapons etc or is it default to who is picked?

So could i have my custom character with my weapon of choice, and attributes etc?

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

You get to customize everything.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Fuzzy

Haven't been able to play this for a while, but hopefully on the weekend I can pop online for a few quests.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

MetroidSlayer

Anyone interested in doing someone line quests around about 4 UTC? Will be my first time online but I have a lot of experience in single so we should fly through the early hunter rank quests

MetroidSlayer

Metal_Slugger

Event quest for Ivory lagi is a Beast.

Metal_Slugger

Dynheart

I bought this on release and stopped playing it about 7 hours in (too many games at the time/in the middle of moving). I'm totally intimidated now. I was thinking about turning it in the other day. I want to play online...But I know the online faction doesn't take well to new players. So it looks like I'm in a bind. And I sure as heck don't want to earn my licks/stripes playing countless hours offline. That's not what I bought the game for.

/sigh

Play offline and be bored...or Go online and feel like a dead weight/possibly get put down by countless random people. Maybe Gamefaqs has left a bad taste in my mouth? ...Maybe not. Help me out here.

Edited on by Dynheart

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7329-0076 | Nintendo Network ID: Dynheart

MAB

@Dynheart Join MadOzWorld or just add me to yer friend list and I will help ya on thy quests to epicness mate

MAB

Dynheart

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Dynheart Join MadOzWorld or just add me to yer friend list and I will help ya on thy quests to epicness mate

Added you. Thanks

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7329-0076 | Nintendo Network ID: Dynheart

MAB

Dynheart wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Added you. Thanks

Cool bro... Gotta get back into the hunt

MAB

MERG

Stupid question time...I've been playing this on the 3DS but double-dipped due to the sale. My question is...how do I increase my HR? Do I have to go online and join other players? Or is there a way to do this in single player?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.