Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,519

Fudgenuggets

Hey can you guys give me some advice on doing Jhen Mohran on solo? During the first half of the battle, I can easily break the two weak spots on its back and also do some decent damage before the second half of the battle.
The second half screws me over. I just use the ballistas until he gets close enough to use cannons, but I always run out of ammo. Whenever he tries to break the ship, I use either the Dragnator, gong, or the binder until I've used up all three. After that, I'm pretty much screwed because I have no other ship weapons and he ends up crushing my ship. T-T
Help?

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Everything that is poisonous is terrible.

But seriously.

Unless you have the Negate Poison skill (Great Wroggi set).
I laugh every time they use poison on me.

Edited on by Fudgenuggets

3DS: 3609-1364-2981

Dynetheous

@Fudgenuggets On the second part of the battle, I always shoot 10 ballista shots at him and go running after the jhen, Attack both its front feet and break them and he should be almost dead. when he gets close to the boat, make sure to watch his movements and anticipate when he is about to attack the ship, so that you can use the gong or dragonator.

I use a sns sometimes, but i mostly use a bow against him and that kills him with 10min to spare. Try to find something with either dragon or ice element since that will kill him faster. If not just go with raw power and sharpness.
Hope this helps!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Spoony_Tech

Now why did I bring a poison great sword to a gigginox fight?!?! Plus it was my first fight with him on Ultimate! Have they turned up the difficulty with him or is it just me. He won't sit still but I did take him out in about 20 mins! He also seems even more gross then before.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bonesy91

Tech101 wrote:

Now why did I bring a poison great sword to a gigginox fight?!?! Plus it was my first fight with him on Ultimate! Have they turned up the difficulty with him or is it just me. He won't sit still but I did take him out in about 20 mins! He also seems even more gross then before.

lol I actually used my negate poison set on Gigginox... only it was the electric one -_-

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

wigglyjr

No, but you can use just the game pad to set it to play on the game pad from the menu.

3DS Friend code:0731-4764-9778
Wii Friend code:3302-4633-1563-7322

Ecto-1

Anyone else having trouble staying connected online? At first I thought it was just host quits, but then it did it while I was host. I don't seem to be having connection issues with anything other than this game, so I really don't think it is my connection.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

bezerker99

Just wanted to chime in here and say that over the weekend I got a Wii U along with MH3U.

I took the 70+ hours from my 3DS copy and transferred it to the Wii U. It was fast, easy, and AWESOME!!!

Before I left my apartment this morning, I transferred my Wii U progress back to my 3DS cart. I love Cross-Play functionalityyy~ RAAAAAAWRRR!!!

Edited on by bezerker99

SuperJoon

Is this worth getting? Just ordered my Wii U and going to save up to get a few games, and this is one on my radar, just want to know if its worth it.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Void

SuperJoon wrote:

Is this worth getting? Just ordered my Wii U and going to save up to get a few games, and this is one on my radar, just want to know if its worth it.

Short answer: Yes.
Long Answer: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Void

Who's idea was it to make Bullfango heads so hard to get? Seriously, I've carved 60 of them and I still haven't gotten one.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SuperJoon

Void wrote:

SuperJoon wrote:

Short answer: Yes.
Long Answer: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty conclusive there. LOL

bezerker99

Void wrote:

Who's idea was it to make Bullfango heads so hard to get? Seriously, I've carved 60 of them and I still haven't gotten one.

That's an extremely rare carve rate. It's like 5% or something. Keep at it, bro.

Edited on by bezerker99

Metal_Slugger

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Monster Hunter would burnout my disc drive so I'm gonna go the more superior download option

That is excellent advice.

Metal_Slugger

SCRAPPER392

Status update: Im on 10★ single player quests quests with 83 hours logged, but I've been playing the Lego and Injustice game, too.
I haven't played multiplayer at all still.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SuperJoon

Been playing them Demo, and the game seems OK. Need to play a bit more to see if I want to buy it.

MAB

My advice is don't play the demo just buy the bloody game... The demo is lame mate

MAB

Spoony_Tech

KingJoonToon wrote:

Been playing them Demo, and the game seems OK. Need to play a bit more to see if I want to buy it.

What MadAussieBloke said.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.