Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

MetroidSlayer

1,401. Posted:

I am having real trouble with the Purple Ludroth in the Moga Village Quests....up until this point I have had little trouble but this mission has been causing me serious trouble, any tips from some experts?

MetroidSlayer

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

1,402. Posted:

@MetroidSlayer Use a fire weapon, like the djinn or brother flames,

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

1,403. Posted:

MetroidSlayer wrote:

I am having real trouble with the Purple Ludroth in the Moga Village Quests....up until this point I have had little trouble but this mission has been causing me serious trouble, any tips from some experts?

You could make a Wroggi armor set for the Negate Poison skill or try to gem it in if you have a charm that helps- otherwise, bring a lot of antidotes. A fire weapon would also help a lot. Good luck! :)

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

1,404. Posted:

Uhm...so this game rocks. I opted for Lego City when the two games launched pretty close to one another, but I just went back and downloaded Monster Hunter last night. My gamepad ran out of juice during my first play session (from fully charged)... that's how hooked I got from the start lol

It's definitely VERY different from western RPGs. This is gonna sound weird, but in a way it reminds me of Dark Cloud back on the PS2. Remember that game? But I can already tell I'm gonna have to play this thing with my gamepad plugged in, because you can just lose yourself in not just the hunting, but the combining of items and inventory management if you are that kind of gamer. I turn it on, manage my stuff, hunt/gather... and before you know it, it's 4 hours later lol. Crazy.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,405. Posted:

@rallydefault Yeah mate can't argue with yer ;) since MH arrived my extension power cable has been in full effect... There has been alot of late night till early morning online marathons goin' down in Mad Oz World lately I'm halfway through HR5 and spend alot of time helping out the lower rank while slowly workin' on my own. I put the other hunters best interests first before mine and use a 'take turns rotation' approach when it comes to the quest roster so everyone gets a go. Never enter my world and flame and call others noobs when they die because I will boot yer a$$ out the port and add yer to me shiznit list... Throw up a NL sign when ye enter so I know ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

Razalom

1,406. Posted:

Damn busy weekend kept me out of the hunt! I miss my MH3U!!

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

AuthorMessage

d-devo

1,407. Posted:

I just got this game a couple of weeks ago and I'll tell you I had no clue what to expect. The first 5 or so hours I was completely lost but after I started to get the hang of it I've been glued. lol. I love the online multi-player! If anyone wants to Hunt sometime add me. I'm HR5 right now.

Add me if you want to game or ''Hunt'' ;)
WIIU ID: d-devo
PSN ID: d-devo

Nintendo Network ID: d-devo

AuthorMessage

MetroidSlayer

1,408. Posted:

Finally beat the Purple Lurdoth! That thing was terrible... though the rest of the High Rank Village Quests seem easy enough. I really want to make the Rathian S Armour but the fact that you need a Ruby, Plate, Medulla and Marrow seems like this will take many hours of grinding to make....

MetroidSlayer

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,409. Posted:

Everything that is poisonous is terrible. :P

But seriously.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Void

1,410. Posted:

Finally got back into this game after putting it off until I got 100% completion on LEGO City: Undercover, and man, Gobul was easy, it took less than 20 minutes to beat it on my first try.
Maybe it was that food I ate...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Fudgenuggets

1,411. Posted:

Hey can you guys give me some advice on doing Jhen Mohran on solo? During the first half of the battle, I can easily break the two weak spots on its back and also do some decent damage before the second half of the battle.
The second half screws me over. I just use the ballistas until he gets close enough to use cannons, but I always run out of ammo. Whenever he tries to break the ship, I use either the Dragnator, gong, or the binder until I've used up all three. After that, I'm pretty much screwed because I have no other ship weapons and he ends up crushing my ship. T-T
Help?

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Everything that is poisonous is terrible. :P

But seriously.

Unless you have the Negate Poison skill (Great Wroggi set).
I laugh every time they use poison on me. :P

Edited on by Fudgenuggets

3DS: 3609-1364-2981

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,412. Posted:

@Fudgenuggets On the second part of the battle, I always shoot 10 ballista shots at him and go running after the jhen, Attack both its front feet and break them and he should be almost dead. when he gets close to the boat, make sure to watch his movements and anticipate when he is about to attack the ship, so that you can use the gong or dragonator.

I use a sns sometimes, but i mostly use a bow against him and that kills him with 10min to spare. Try to find something with either dragon or ice element since that will kill him faster. If not just go with raw power and sharpness.
Hope this helps!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,413. Posted:

Now why did I bring a poison great sword to a gigginox fight?!?! Plus it was my first fight with him on Ultimate! Have they turned up the difficulty with him or is it just me. He won't sit still but I did take him out in about 20 mins! He also seems even more gross then before.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,414. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Now why did I bring a poison great sword to a gigginox fight?!?! Plus it was my first fight with him on Ultimate! Have they turned up the difficulty with him or is it just me. He won't sit still but I did take him out in about 20 mins! He also seems even more gross then before.

lol I actually used my negate poison set on Gigginox... only it was the electric one -_-

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Void

1,415. Posted:

How do you get two Popo toungs from one Popo?... :P

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,416. Posted:

Do you always have to set the gamepad to a second screen in the options menu? Is there anyways to keep like that when you turn in the game?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

wigglyjr

1,417. Posted:

No, but you can use just the game pad to set it to play on the game pad from the menu.

3DS Friend code:0731-4764-9778
Wii Friend code:3302-4633-1563-7322

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

1,418. Posted:

Anyone else having trouble staying connected online? At first I thought it was just host quits, but then it did it while I was host. I don't seem to be having connection issues with anything other than this game, so I really don't think it is my connection.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,419. Posted:

Just wanted to chime in here and say that over the weekend I got a Wii U along with MH3U. :-P

I took the 70+ hours from my 3DS copy and transferred it to the Wii U. It was fast, easy, and AWESOME!!!

Before I left my apartment this morning, I transferred my Wii U progress back to my 3DS cart. I love Cross-Play functionalityyy~ :* RAAAAAAWRRR!!!

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

felzuma

1,420. Posted:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/monster-hunter-online-2013
pls sign this petition! thank you.

felzuma