Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,519

Retro_on_theGo

So can the 3DS version play multiplayer with the Wii U version even if only locally? because I swear I saw a quick clip of people doing that during a Nintendo Direct! Well, I'll play more of this tomorrow and then try the 3DS demo. I'll see how I really feel about it later tomorrow, liking what I've played so far though!

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

That's even better! I'm really starting to warm up to this series!

Excellent.

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So can the 3DS version play multiplayer with the Wii U version even if only locally? because I swear I saw a quick clip of people doing that during a Nintendo Direct! )

Yep. And you can transfer your save file between the two, to play EVERYWHERE.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Joeynator3000

TysonOfTime wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

That's even better! I'm really starting to warm up to this series!

Excellent.

You forgot to add this image. lol
Untitled

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Now I can see why so many people like this series.

Just when you start to get really good with a weapon trying a different one is like a whole new game. Some weapons can block while others can't which really bring in the strategy. Then there is the bow and bowguns and that's like starting over all over again!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Tech101 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Now I can see why so many people like this series.

Just when you start to get really good with a weapon trying a different one is like a whole new game. Some weapons can block while others can't which really bring in the strategy. Then there is the bow and bowguns and that's like starting over all over again!

Yeah I bet. But I have to say after playing it a few times it has grown on me. Dang March is going to be an expensive month video games wise for me. So far I have Castlevania I want to get, Lego City and now it looks like Monster Hunter.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Stupid water levels! It took me like 8 mins just to figure out how to swim again.

Anybody cut off Plesioth's tail? I'm curious if you can carve it since you can't carve the main monsters in the demo.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Tech101 wrote:

Stupid water levels! It took me like 8 mins just to figure out how to swim again.

Anybody cut off Plesioth's tail? I'm curious if you can carve it since you can't carve the main monsters.

You can't carve the main monsters in the demo. Of course you can in the actual game.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

HaastMK7

(Downloaded the demo 2 hours ago, played it twice and it is AMAZING)

Anyone finished Easy and difficult yet?

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Spoony_Tech

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Anybody cut off Plesioth's tail? I'm curious if you can carve it since you can't carve the main monsters.

You can't carve the main monsters in the demo. Of course you can in the actual game.

Fixed!

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Tech101 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Fixed!

I don't think you can cut his tail, gotta double check, but I think you just damage it and that's it.
EDIT: According to the Wikia, you can only damage his dorsal fin and wings.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Darkflame411

So I have been playing Monster hunter since the very first one way back when. Consider me the ultimate Lurker I suppose? XD I don't usually go on forums and the like but christ I'm so excited for MH3:U just got the demo now. Thank god my bow is back but getting the demo has made me even more impatient. also yes this is me saying hello so hiya!

(signed up just to post here lol)

Darkflame411

Chrono_Cross

Darkflame411 wrote:

So I have been playing Monster hunter since the very first one way back when. Consider me the ultimate Lurker I suppose? XD I don't usually go on forums and the like but christ I'm so excited for MH3:U just got the demo now. Thank god my bow is back but getting the demo has made me even more impatient. also yes this is me saying hello so hiya!

(signed up just to post here lol)

Nice to meet you Dark! Hope to see more of you around NintendoLife.

Just for you.

Tasuki

Booya!!! Just killed the Arctic bear rabbit thing whatever its called, though I did it on the 3DS demo. I used the dual swords and died a few times but I let out a loud YES!!! when he went down, lol. I have to say though I hope they make it compatible with the cpp cause using the cross pad or even the touch screen on the 3DS to move the camera is just awkward.

Just a quick question do the monsters have a health bar or something how do you know how close to death they are?

Oh and just gotta say I am going to enjoy this game.

My Backlog

Chrono_Cross

Tasuki wrote:

Just a quick question do the monsters have a health bar or something how do you know how close to death they are?

When they're drooling, their armor shadders, seeing them flitch when hit or if when one runs away it means it's taking too much damage.

Dismembering tails, breaking horns, etcetera, is also a good indication of it dying. Oh, and limping is the only sign of it approaching death. Otherwise no, there's no health bar, lol.

Just for you.

Tasuki

OK thanks guys. I noticed that he was running away alot and I had to chase after him but as far as visual damage I was caught up too much in the heat of the battle to notice, lol. I did notice however just before he died he was rolling over on his side limping like.

My Backlog

Darkflame411

Just got to beat both plesioth and the new dude, Finally getting to beat that dumb shark in the water instead of waiting for him to come out. used Dual swords and noticed quite a few things. One of the key things I noticed is that instead of rolling the Dual Swords now have a lot of "Step in's" took a bit to get used to but It'd end up so much better in the long run. Also fighting underwater with 3Ds is not an easy thing to do especially with dual swords xD

Also Tasuki for a note of enemies weakening is they also have a stamina guage, when their stamina guage is low they tend to "slobber" and such and usually have longer vunerable gaps between their attacks where they try to catch their breath (don't mix this up with rage mode where most monsters breath a type of smoke or something) xD I talk to much!

Darkflame411

BenAV

Fighting underwater with the 3DS is an absolute nightmare.
It's a good thing that the CPP XL comes out with the game so it won't be an issue.
I'll be playing on my Wii U more than anything else anyway (only took a few minutes to get used to it with the Pro Controller so I'll probably use that rather than the Classic Controller Pro), but I need a good control scheme for while I'm out too.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Lan

The rabbit bear taguel thing is called Lagombi.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

SCRAPPER392

I know. I've wanted the CPP XL since XL launch, but of course everyone hated it. Haha. It's not even confirmed for NA. I just want Smash Bros, and I wonder if CPP will be compatible with that.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.