Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,381. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

What's the arena everyone keeps mentioning?

Back on Tri there was an Arena Mode where you go up against a certain monster (or monsters towards the end of unlocking everything, lol) with preset equipment. I don't like them much, but you get coins out of it...and let's you forge equipment. It also had two player split screen to play with a friend. And had an online version in Loc LAac. Here you can find it in Tanzia, but I think the Local mode thing was taken out. Anyways, yeah...Arena Mode, fight certain monsters with preset equipment and with a friend if you want. Use coins to forge some fancy armor, go for record times, blah blah blah. xD

Anyways, I've been Gunlancing throughout the game...but apparently it isn't working out going against Brachy...need tips...because fighting against him is becoming a pain. :/ (freakin tail...>_>)

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,382. Posted:

I killed the Lagiacrus! I thought I was done there for a second! That was intense. X3

Anyone up to play online this Saturday? Maybe around 7. (Central Standard time, you can check what that converts to.)

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Osui

1,383. Posted:

anyone how to unlock Village HR5 urgent? I finished all mission from HR1-HR5 already. But no new mission or urgent comes up.

FC: 3110 - 4797 - 0564
Pokemon Y Safari : Ground

Looking for Sneasel Safari. Please PM ME

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4797-0564 | Twitter: Osui818

AuthorMessage

TOMBOY25

1,384. Posted:

Osui wrote:

anyone how to unlock Village HR5 urgent? I finished all mission from HR1-HR5 already. But no new mission or urgent comes up.

have you got cha-cha's ancient mask (behind the waterfall in the farm) if you have and have had junior fix it see if he has the villager request to make the base camp for the urgent quest.

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,385. Posted:

I cant beat Gigganox.
Untitled
He's too tough for me. I have beaten everything else now apart from that quest. He constantly climbs on the ceiling which is unfair as I can't hit him from up there using my chief sword. Also he poisons me everytime I try to get close to attack. It's really fustrating, it makes me so mad that I have to switch off.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Osui

1,386. Posted:

Yea I got it, I just noticed that I didn't finish the side quest. Thanks for the information

AuthorMessage

Osui

1,387. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I cant beat Gigganox.
Untitled
He's too tough for me. I have beaten everything else now apart from that quest. He constantly climbs on the ceiling which is unfair as I can't hit him from up there using my chief sword. Also he poisons me everytime I try to get close to attack. It's really fustrating, it makes me so mad that I have to switch off.

I finish him in 10 mins =P, I use bow

Edited on by Osui

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,388. Posted:

Osui wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I cant beat Gigganox.
Untitled

solo? I don't have any other weapons. :(

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

1,389. Posted:

@xBASSxMONSTAx What element is your weapon? Using the djinn, I can kill it in 8 minutes.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,390. Posted:

Hr 4 as of last night. Will be getting on later tonight if anyone wants to hunt. :-)

Edited on by bonesy91

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,391. Posted:

I just upgraded to Chieftain's Great Sword. It doesn't have any elements to it I don't think. I'm still new to this game.

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,392. Posted:

Not surprising but Monster Hunter didn't hit the NPD top 10. Hope the game has still sold well enough between the two versions and digital to support Monster Hinter 4 getting a similar Wii U/3DS treatment like Ultimate.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

1,393. Posted:

@xBASSxMONSTAx You just need a better weapon. Monster Hunter gets impossible if you don't build up a large collection of elements to use.

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,394. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@xBASSxMONSTAx You just need a better weapon. Monster Hunter gets impossible if you don't build up a large collection of elements to use.

How do I get these elements to use?

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,395. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I just upgraded to Chieftain's Great Sword. It doesn't have any elements to it I don't think. I'm still new to this game.

Bring traps (both) and items to make traps. He's also weak to paralyze. Set you minions to paralyze him and that might help ya a lot!

Also are you eating before each fight. Find a combo that greatly increases your attack or take something to increase your attack and defense.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,396. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Bring traps (both) and items to make traps. He's also weak to paralyze. Set you minions to paralyze him and that might help ya a lot!

Ok thanks. I don't know what u mean by minions though? I only got small yellow thing following me around.

Tech101 wrote:

Also are you eating before each fight. Find a combo that greatly increases your attack or take something to increase your attack and defense.

no I'm not eating anything before battle's. U mean from the cat on the front desk near the guild women? How do I find combo's?

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,397. Posted:

Yeah just set cha cha to paralyze. What I mean by combos is find a good combination of two foods to increase your strength. Keep experimenting with different ingredients to find what you like the most. Also might seed and can remember the name of the defense one will increase your strength and defense for a bit!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

1,398. Posted:

@xBASSxMONSTAx Certain weapons have elements. For example, the Peco Teepee, which is a gunlance, does slight fire damage, while the Lagombi dual swords have ice element.

AuthorMessage

Osui

1,399. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Osui wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I cant beat Gigganox.
Untitled

solo? I don't have any other weapons. :(

Yea solo, I use Arko unu (R)

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,400. Posted:

Thanks all. I will fight the beast tomorrow with the advice you awesome veterans have given me. I need to sleep now. I'll report back asap when I defeat Gigganox

xBASSxMONSTAx